New Prime Melee Weapon FX, aggravating and unaesthetic

Rimy

First of all, I like the idea of a special effect that shows that you are using a Prime Weapon, it's cool and should stay.

But, I really don't like that the color isn't changeable or isn't tied to the choosen energy color of your Prime weapon aswell as
that the effect stretches and occupies a fair part of your screen while moving.
The bright orange is like a laser pointer while playing, you can't unsee it, especially if you're using blue and dark colors for your Warframe setup.
It's always active, in the orbiter and during missions. It follows you everywhere.

I would love to see that the effect uses the same energy color as the weapon and that the effect doesn't stretch that much.
Alternatively, I suggest the most easiest solution: an option to turn the FX off for Prime Melee Weapons.

Many people doing their Fashion Framing and this effect is really triggering in my opinion.
I'm so upset that it is always there, starring in your eyes. Like a pole star in a clear midnight, but in a bad way.

Puk2OIj.jpg
8cXmN2D.jpg
6vxJp6c.jpg

Considering all my metallics are coloured gold, I really don't mind, but they could at least make the color match your metallic sheen, such as white for silver...

7 minutes ago, Axio. said:

What the heck, ew. Make it so that it's disabled when you toggle "Always Show Weapon Trails" to "No".

Sadly it is not an Elemental or Energy based weapon trail, i already have it turned off for years now.
This effect was added with the last patch and is only visible for most of the Prime Melee Weapons.
Normal weapons are not affected by this.

17 minutes ago, Rimy said:

Sadly it is not an Elemental or Energy based weapon trail, i already have it turned off for years now.
This effect was added with the last patch and is only visible for most of the Prime Melee Weapons.
Normal weapons are not affected by this.

I meant what I said to read as "They should make it go away when you disable constant weapon trails."

Also I mostly use Zaws, so I won't have to deal with this. And no, not a kripath user. Keewar and Rabvee.

6 minutes ago, Axio. said:

I meant what I said to read as "They should make it go away when you disable constant weapon trails."

Also I mostly use Zaws, so I won't have to deal with this. And no, not a kripath user. Keewar and Rabvee.

Oh sorry about that, misunderstood it.
I can agree, it would be nice to simply turn it off.
Although I like the idea behind it, it either needs to use your weapon energy color or as suggested the the metal color,
or the element effects and colors that are currently equiped,
or maybe even an appearance category of it's own, so you can customize it.

• 1 month later...

Thank you DE for your quick solution! ❤️

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but was was the solution? I can't seem to find any ways to turn the effect off or change it's colour independently of my warframe's energy colour. It's just on the fang prime it really stands out, maybe because the weapon is so small compared to the effect. Even just being able to turn off the "electrical" tendril bits would be a huge improvement on these guys.