Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Download Speed

DarkKnight271

So I'm relatively new to this game (only playing around 4 months or less) so can anyone tell me what on God's Earth is wrong with the Warframe updater? I have over 200mbps but the game update downloads at a max speed of 2MB/s... according to my math that's a whole whopping 16mbps it's downloading at.

Is there a setting somewhere in the launcher I missed that sets the download speed of updates or is this a Warframe server problem? Either way, this really needs to get fixed.

If you're using the windows antimalware/windows defender, shut it off.  I had my DL speeds increase x10+. (I went from 5 Mbps up to an average of 83mps on a 150Mbps connection.)

For some reason with the launcher it scans the new files in real-time and kills the network throughput.

On 2018-10-13 at 11:09 AM, Vacantfanatic said:

If you're using the windows antimalware/windows defender, shut it off.  I had my DL speeds increase x10+. (I went from 5 Mbps up to an average of 83mps on a 150Mbps connection.)

For some reason with the launcher it scans the new files in real-time and kills the network throughput.

I don't use Windows Defender and there's not a chance in hell that I'm going to turn off my AV just to download a patch. I don't have this issue with any other game.

On 2018-10-16 at 5:16 PM, DarkKnight271 said:

I don't use Windows Defender and there's not a chance in hell that I'm going to turn off my AV just to download a patch. I don't have this issue with any other game.

Are you using something like Avast with the heuristic scanning? If so try shutting just that off in the future.

• 2 weeks later...