Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account linking: is it possible

Roosamoosa

Question

A 6 year veteran player that dedicated hours of time and money into my pc account. Only to be robbed and have my pc stolen from me (conveniently on my birthday). Only thing that remained was a ps4 and a drive to play the game I oh so love. Only to find I need to restart as if I never spent 6 years with over 3000 hours from scratch. It's almost been a year since I've been robbed and I haven't been able to play warframe since because I refuse to waste any of my time regaining what I've already had and losing what I cannot obtain anymore. I've never been more depressed with no outlet in my life and every day I see warframe is adding more and more stuff I can't be apart of anymore because I was unlucky enough to lose my pc platform. Why can't we just make it so we can link accounts instead of splitting the community. If there is no more of a reason other than the "ongoing rivalry of Sony and Microsoft" I'll have to say I will never be apart of the community again. With the lack of concern for the community and their time and effort from both parties. I don't think this is the right place for me anymore. I guess it's time to move on. I doubt I will ever get to see what this game has to offer anymore until they make it easy for us.

Edited by Roosamoosa
I wrote this 3 times over because my phone sucks

5 answers to this question

Just now, Roosamoosa said:

With the lack of concern for the community and their time and effort

You are coming across like you think this is DE's fault. DE has said countless times they do not object, and that they would if they could.

Its just the rubbish between Sony and Microsoft that is the issue. 

2 minutes ago, Roosamoosa said:

Only to be robbed and have my pc stolen from me

Does insurance not cover this kind of thing where you are?

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You are coming across like you think this is DE's fault. DE has said countless times they do not object, and that they would if they could.

Its just the rubbish between Sony and Microsoft that is the issue. 

Does insurance not cover this kind of thing where you are?

I understand that it's not DE and didn't mean for it to come off like that I meant both parties: Microsoft and Sony, need to come to an agreement of sort and drop the beef so the customers who play warframe and have a similar problem  can be happy or if they are just transfering from pc to ps4 or vice versa.

Also I was a young lad at the time of the robbery, just turned 18. Besides there were a lot of circumstances where we would have not been reimbursed for the stuff we lost. Would rather not go into detail. I just wanna play warframe again even though this post will not change anything. Maybe it's a step in a right direction.?

I honestly would have expected to be banned just now until I post about it again but it's not too late for that still.

Edited by Roosamoosa
grammatically incorrect

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I don’t need details. Insurance covers that kind of thing where I am, so I was curious.

I believe the issue is mostly Sony. But they are getting better (slowly).

Understandable, sure wish it went smoothly otherwise I wouldn't be here right now.

I miss warframe awfully bad but I feel it's so far out of reach for me.

Hopefully they move slowly and surely so I can look forward to being able to play again but on my account on a different platform. Any reassurance that this can be a possibility in the future would make me happy until the time comes. Only if I could find it though..

Unfortunately Microsoft and Sony don't care that people want cross play and the ability to move their accounts to other platforms. You aren't a person to them, you are a source of revenue and letting you leave is against their business model. I'm sure Sony would be happy to let you migrate from PC to PS4 but then they would have to come up with excuses about why they won't let PS4 players migrate to Xbox or PC when they want to and Microsoft are the same. Instead they just stick their fingers in their ears and ignore the (probably) thousands of people who have had to drop games because their gear dies, was stolen or whatever.

The only reason Sony backpedalled on the Fortnite cross-play thing was because it became global news that Sony were refusing for no reason other than that they could and they couldn't handle the bad press.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I've been robbed in the past and it absolutely sucks. As much as I hate Fortnite it may just be the thing that wakes both Sony and Microsoft up to the fact that adamantly refusing to listen to your customers is a bad thing. Probably not but we can hope.