Jump to content

Cost of Paracesis


walter100
 Share

Recommended Posts

First of all, I'm not saying it's hard to get Ducats, but this can be annoying and depending on luck can be time consuming, yes

What I claim about the cost is in relation to the items you receive with the same Ducats, in case they would be variant weapons (example arms prism) and Mods Primed,

Since you can get 2 to 3 primed mods (350,300 Ducats, I do not know if there is any difference in the values depending on the mod) with the same 1K

Considering that you can buy variant weapons around 400 Ducats, and these weapons are already ready, which saves the expense of materials, and time,

I end up thinking that 1K is very expensive for the weapon, Not to mention that the weapon apparently does not come with Slot or even a potato, and without speaking what I saw in the forums, I will have to spend 5 Forms to have the weapon to its maximum potential

Considering all that I have said, and the fact that I will have to mount a Galatina, spend 15 Cells orokins, 5 Fragments, and after waiting 12 hours for Galatina I will still have to wait + 12 hours for the weapon to be ready, maximum should ask for a 350 Ducats, but the ideal would be about 200 to 250 Ducats

PS: I'm going to try to wait for the next Baro before making Weapon, and if there's nothing interesting, and meanwhile the value will not decrease, then I can only accept it and create it.
 

Edited by walter100
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But what happens if you already have everything else and nothing to spend ducats on? This is a player choice. You can choose to use your ducats on Baro stock, or you can choose to use it on the sword. For me, the Paracesis was the last weapon I needed to get to MR 26 so I spent my ducats on that. But if you feel your ducats are better spent on something else, then so be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the cost is fine. It might seem like an issue for a new player, but this weapon isn't going anywhere, so they can just take their time. Once you've been around for a few Baro visits, you got almost nothing to spend ducats on, anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

But what happens if you already have everything else and nothing to spend ducats on? This is a player choice. You can choose to use your ducats on Baro stock, or you can choose to use it on the sword. For me, the Paracesis was the last weapon I needed to get to MR 26 so I spent my ducats on that. But if you feel your ducats are better spent on something else, then so be it.

But I can revert everything you said but in relation to younger players that has much more content with what to spend the Ducats, Everything is from point of view,

But the problem is that we have the same or better things for a VERY minor price, Pay 1k, in a weapon (regardless of how special it is) considering that you can pay 400 in another that still has the advantage of not having to craft or spend materials,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think the Next,

Randow weapon Prisma, 400 Ducats, you do not need Craftar, nor spend material, no waiting time

Weapon in question, 1k Ducats, Need Craftar, Need to spend materials, 24h waiting (12h galatina)

it is as if I am paying more to spend more things, the problem is not new players, or if it is difficult or not to do ducats, the problem is that the amount spent is much higher than what is presented, considering the market itself DE did at the Baro,

it's like I spent 2K of PL on a skin for a single weapon, even taking Deluxe Packs that comes with a lot more stuff (skins for Frames, weapons visual equipment, etc.) and paying a lot less,

a summary would be "Pay more expensive to harm" (hope of understanding this phrase XD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, walter100 said:

Think the Next,

Randow weapon Prisma, 400 Ducats, you do not need Craftar, nor spend material, no waiting time

Weapon in question, 1k Ducats, Need Craftar, Need to spend materials, 24h waiting (12h galatina)

it is as if I am paying more to spend more things, the problem is not new players, or if it is difficult or not to do ducats, the problem is that the amount spent is much higher than what is presented, considering the market itself DE did at the Baro,

it's like I spent 2K of PL on a skin for a single weapon, even taking Deluxe Packs that comes with a lot more stuff (skins for Frames, weapons visual equipment, etc.) and paying a lot less,

a summary would be "Pay more expensive to harm" (hope of understanding this phrase XD)

Not making it is an option as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, walter100 said:

But I can revert everything you said but in relation to younger players that has much more content with what to spend the Ducats, Everything is from point of view,

But the problem is that we have the same or better things for a VERY minor price, Pay 1k, in a weapon (regardless of how special it is) considering that you can pay 400 in another that still has the advantage of not having to craft or spend materials,

I am aware that's the point you are getting at and a very valid point at that. However the price is as artificial as the weapons themselves and the only real value on them is what the individual player puts on them. I feel what DE has done is basically created an artificial value for the Parcesis although the weapon itself may not reflect that. In saying that, so far it is not a necessary or compulsory weapon and one can consider it merely a gimmick. In other games players will grind weeks for a cosmetic even though it has no value. Even then, it's still one of the much more reasonable grinds in the game compared to Sibear, Hema and others which I'm sure other players could compose a list of.

Basically, it's an item that rewards actually playing the game unlike the login system. In hindsight, maybe DE did listen to the players who said they rather be rewarded through gameplay rather than arbitrarily logging in everyday and this was their answer. Personally, I rather we keep our priorities in check and address other grinds in the game that are much more unreasonable. Once those have been addressed by DE, then I'd have a lot more faith they'd address this as well.

Edited by Goodwill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Goodwill said:

I am aware that's the point you are getting at and a very valid point at that. However the price is as artificial as the weapons themselves and the only real value on them is what the individual player puts on them. I feel what DE has done is basically created an artificial value for the Parcesis although the weapon itself may not reflect that. In saying that, so far it is not a necessary or compulsory weapon and one can consider it merely a gimmick. In other games players will grind weeks for a cosmetic even though it has no value. Even then, it's still one of the much more reasonable grinds in the game compared to Sibear, Hema and others which I'm sure other players could compose a list of.

Basically, it's an item that rewards actually playing the game unlike the login system. In hindsight, maybe DE did listen to the players who said they rather be rewarded through gameplay rather than arbitrarily logging in everyday and this was their answer. Personally, I rather we keep our priorities in check and address other grinds in the game that are much more unreasonable. Once those have been addressed by DE, then I'd have a lot more faith they'd address this as well. 

The Sibear and the Hema are still sneering at me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But it can still be easily solved, Decrease the price and reimburse the players that have already craft, or create a micro-journey (After crafting the weapon, the operator and the Ordis discuss this weapon or just the operator holding the weapon and analyzing it) where the player receives a catalyst, space and 1 forma already ready)

Edited by walter100
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 9 minutos, walter100 dijo:

Think the Next,

Randow weapon Prisma, 400 Ducats, you do not need Craftar, nor spend material, no waiting time

Weapon in question, 1k Ducats, Need Craftar, Need to spend materials, 24h waiting (12h galatina)

it is as if I am paying more to spend more things, the problem is not new players, or if it is difficult or not to do ducats, the problem is that the amount spent is much higher than what is presented, considering the market itself DE did at the Baro,

it's like I spent 2K of PL on a skin for a single weapon, even taking Deluxe Packs that comes with a lot more stuff (skins for Frames, weapons visual equipment, etc.) and paying a lot less,

a summary would be "Pay more expensive to harm" (hope of understanding this phrase XD)

Cost always change ... a lot of weapons had more cost than others (for example you had Prime weapons that have 5 parts in the sets , and others that have 3 .... almost double the "cost") , i fail to see what in hell has to do with prism weapons being cheaper .... they are 2 differents thing that have absolute no reason to be the same price . In resume .... if you dont want it , dont build it .... as easy as that .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, walter100 said:

But it can still be easily solved, Decrease the price and reimburse the players that have already craft, or create a micro-journey (After crafting the weapon, the operator and the Ordis discuss this weapon or just the operator holding the gun and analyzing it) where the player receives a catalyst, space and 1 forma already ready)

That won't be happening because there are farms in the game which require months to do. This one can be completed in 2 hours. They are not going to remove it. The only time gating here is the Galatine which will be done in 12 hrs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

That won't be happening because there are farms in the game which require months to do. This one can be completed in 2 hours. They are not going to remove it. The only time gating here is the Galatine which will be done in 12 hrs.

2 hours what ?? If you're talking about the weapon, at least for me this 12h

Edited by walter100
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, walter100 said:

2 hours what ?? If you're talking about the gun, at least for me this 12h

I was talking about the fact that you'll need just 2 hours to get a thousand ducats. 12h for Galatine. So the entire thing can be done in 12 hrs of which only two hours have to be spend actively farming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

I was talking about the fact that you'll need just 2 hours to get a thousand ducats. 12h for Galatine. So the entire thing can be done in 12 hrs of which only two hours have to be spend actively farming.

But I'm not talking about how long it takes or whether it's difficult or not, I'm complaining about the amount in relation to other things that cost Ducats, so they should lower the cost, since Ducats is a type of currency, at least it should have the same cost that weapons that use ducats,

Only thing left to craft mine is 1 cell orokin, and Galatina is missing 5h (Although I'll only craft it after Baro come)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, walter100 said:

But I'm not talking about how long it takes or whether it's difficult or not, I'm complaining about the amount in relation to other things that cost Ducats, so they should lower the cost, since Ducats is a type of currency, at least it should have the same cost that weapons that use ducats,

Only thing left to craft mine is 1 cell orokin, and Galatina is missing 5h (Although I'll only craft it after Baro come)

DE loves their resource creep, it how they poorly handle an overabundance of a resource. You're better off giving DE solutions to resource hoarding to fix this issue than to tell them to just not do it, and even then lord knows DE doesn't like listening to specific ideas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ducats aren't my problem. I'm not doing the terrible Eidolon missions to build this weapon.

34 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

And here I was thinking that Eidolon Shards will cause such complaints.

Additional capacity (hello, Sacrificial Mods) alone is unique and more then worth it for me.

That's absolutely my complaint.

13 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Lord knows DE doesn't like listening to specific ideas. 

Ain't that the truth.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It takes about ~2 hours to farm 1000 ducats. Farming for the Sibear and Hema research takes significantly longer (especially without a resource booster).

If you farm for the new prime access items then you should accumulate more or less 1k ducats by the time you finish the grind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...