Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cost of Paracesis

walter100

It has a high cost sure, but they did a lot of new things with it.

forma add levels to it +2 to max level a forma. You also seem to get mastery every time you relevel it.

so they made it worth multiple normal weapons to compinsate.

6 hours ago, Firetempest said:

It can reach lvl 40 and have 90 mod points. 

It's special. You have to take it into account no matter what you think.

Or let it sit in the foundry. That's an option too.

havent built it nor do i care to build it any time soon but i just want to say if making it so you have to put a few less forma on is what makes it special then its not worth much. Also if the gimmic or removing sentient resistance is what makes it special then the weapon is trash seeing as every player under the sun have an operator.

It is a bit on the needlessly expensive side. That said I did end up making it mostly because I apparently had 4/5 of the Eidolon whatevers. 

The whole thing where people are sayning you can get MR out of it for each forma you put in, sounds like a trainwreck. That both obligates you to level it 9(? who knows) times to get the max MR out of it. Plus now everything is polarized tho it supposedly has something like 80 Mod points? so I guess it isn't super important to polarize things correctly? 

It just sounds like a mess after the whole thing where they refused to give us MR for your Exaulted weapons cause it would throw off their planned MR track.......

Tho the whole ignoring Sentient Resistances thing sounds pretty decent. 

Let's go again,I highlighted the important parts, and if you do not want to read for laziness, the end has the Summary

Weapons in the Baro, Medium from 400 to 450 Ducats, No need to craft, No Slot comes, no potato.

Paracesis 1k from Ducats, "NEED TO CRAFT", "24 HOURS OF WAIT" (12 from Galatina, and 12 from her) "Do not come with Slot or Potato"

Literally the people are paying 550 to 600 more Ducats to have prejudice,

If it is to maintain the current state of the weapon, lower the value, referring to the market, or us of advantages by the Ducats that we paid the most in the craft of the weapon like Space, potato, and 1 or 2 Forma crafted

I forgot, considering the worst situation, you have to wait 5 days to have the weapon in 100%, after all, you have to spend 5 Formas and it takes 1 day to be done

Summary: You are "paying" more to receive equal or less, This is fair ??, (is not paying, but is using, which gives the same result),

5 minutes ago, walter100 said:

Weapons in the Baro, Medium from 400 to 450 Ducats, No need to craft, No Slot comes, no potato.

Magnus blueprint cost 20.000 credits. So by your logic everything else is overpriced. Another explanation however is just that different weapons has different costs.

7 hours ago, rune_me said:

Magnus blueprint cost 20.000 credits. So by your logic everything else is overpriced. Another explanation however is just that different weapons has different costs.

I'm talking about Ducats, not Credits, or did you see any weapons with a variation in price of more than 100% of Ducats in the baro ??

It is not because the 2 are a type of money that they have to follow the same logic, One I spend Prime parts to achieve (that can turn MR or PL), the other I get naturally playing,

Edited by walter100

8 hours ago, walter100 said:

Let's go again,I highlighted the important parts, and if you do not want to read for laziness, the end has the Summary

Paracesis 1k from Ducats, "NEED TO CRAFT", "24 HOURS OF WAIT" (12 from Galatina, and 12 from her) "Do not come with Slot or Potato"

Literally the people are paying 550 to 600 more Ducats to have prejudice,

If it is to maintain the current state of the weapon, lower the value, referring to the market, or us of advantages by the Ducats that we paid the most in the craft of the weapon like Space, potato, and 1 or 2 Forma crafted

I forgot, considering the worst situation, you have to wait 5 days to have the weapon in 100%, after all, you have to spend 5 Formas and it takes 1 day to be done

Summary: You are "paying" more to receive equal or less, This is fair ??, (is not paying, but is using, which gives the same result),

Of course it’s fair. Fair means everyone is treated the same, not that everything is the way you want it. 

As for the crafting costs of this weapon, it’s all about you as an individual player. Value, especially of an item in a video game, is relative. What you value in game may be entirely different from what I value. If you value the ducats more than the weapon then it’s not worthwhile for you to make it. 

I, on the other hand, am not especially concerned with the ducats. They’re far too easy to get for me to pass on a weapon that there is no other way to get. I value the weapon more than the ducats, so the cost is very much worth it to me. 

Ultimately you you have to decide for yourself if you think it’s worth your while. I highly doubt DE will change the costs because, in the grand scheme of things, they’re not all that high for what you get in return. 

On 2018-10-13 at 7:10 PM, walter100 said:

I end up thinking that 1K is very expensive for the weapon

Well, kind of, but only if you wanna build it right now. Since [SPOILERS] this weapon is clearly meant to play a factor in The New War quest coming next year(?), we have a lot of time to save up spare ducats and play around with the weapon.

On 2018-10-13 at 6:24 AM, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I think the cost is fine. It might seem like an issue for a new player, but this weapon isn't going anywhere, so they can just take their time. Once you've been around for a few Baro visits, you got almost nothing to spend ducats on, anyway.

Sure for a veteran player. For new players it is quite unfair. I  am not going to spend night and day just to farm liths and hope I get a good blueprint that isn't a forma. I hope this sword ain't important for the next quest. 

6 minutes ago, Sangra69 said:

Sure for a veteran player. For new players it is quite unfair. I  am not going to spend night and day just to farm liths and hope I get a good blueprint that isn't a forma. I hope this sword ain't important for the next quest. 

If you're a new player you don't have to. The only people who feel they have to make this weapon right away, are the players who already have everything else and for whom new weapons and frames are the only way for them to increase their MR.

If you're new, there's probably tons of weapons you don't have yet, so you can increase your MR easily. And you probably have lots to do in the game. By the time you're done with all that, and you have mastered all the other weapons and frames, well, you'll probably have farmed a 1000 ducats (and much more) without even trying.

Edited by rune_me

People forget not everything is meant to be snap of the fingers obtainable instantly, nor should it be.

I remember being down because vaykor hek was out of my MR (and syn points) range way back when. Did I moan about it being too far away/too expensive, or did it give me an incentive to get to that level to get it?

I'll give you a hint - option 2.

6 hours ago, Sangra69 said:

I really think this is the type of item DE wants people to work towards, and not just be done with it in an hour after the quest.

On 2018-10-13 at 1:10 PM, walter100 said:

First of all, I'm not saying it's hard to get Ducats, but this can be annoying and depending on luck can be time consuming, yes

What I claim about the cost is in relation to the items you receive with the same Ducats, in case they would be variant weapons (example arms prism) and Mods Primed,

Since you can get 2 to 3 primed mods (350,300 Ducats, I do not know if there is any difference in the values depending on the mod) with the same 1K

Considering that you can buy variant weapons around 400 Ducats, and these weapons are already ready, which saves the expense of materials, and time,

I end up thinking that 1K is very expensive for the weapon, Not to mention that the weapon apparently does not come with Slot or even a potato, and without speaking what I saw in the forums, I will have to spend 5 Forms to have the weapon to its maximum potential

Considering all that I have said, and the fact that I will have to mount a Galatina, spend 15 Cells orokins, 5 Fragments, and after waiting 12 hours for Galatina I will still have to wait + 12 hours for the weapon to be ready, maximum should ask for a 350 Ducats, but the ideal would be about 200 to 250 Ducats

PS: I'm going to try to wait for the next Baro before making Weapon, and if there's nothing interesting, and meanwhile the value will not decrease, then I can only accept it and create it.

I wont pretend to have read all the comments... But really, if you are too cheap to farm for 1k ducats to get the first story melee weapon - which has its own... quirks... on top, then you sir, have no business getting it in the first place. The work and cost involved building this weapon, with all that entails, is a bit of story unto itself. Do you need it right now? No. Will you need it in the future? Who knows, overwhelmingly more than likely not. Could it have benefits in the future? Perhaps.

In other words, if you think 1k ducats is too much, chances are you have a _LOT_ of other stuff you actually need to be working on first without giving the cost of this weapon the green envy stare.

Edit:
For the record im currently considering which polarity i want to put in on the 5th forma, having put in all the work. On top of that i paid the platinum to rush the construction as well as paying platinum for 3 more formas since i ran out. And i farmed those platinum, i did not buy them (although ofcourse someone did at some point, making money for DE). Do i think the weapon is super amazing so far? Not really. Is it fun and has potential? Yeah. Did i like the way i got it, and do i feel what i spent on the experience has been worth it? Definetely.

Edit 2:
I forgot to mention, that farming for several other frames in the game (both primes and non primes) as well as certain mods takes far more effort than this weapon does.

Edited by Onds

On 2018-10-14 at 8:54 PM, Sangra69 said:

As someone who doesn't mind buying plat to then buy Prime parts to then trade for Ducats, the ducat price, while a bit too much for a weapon imo, doesn't bother me. But I can't stand Eidolon hunts. I don't find them fun at all. And as someone who doesn't have a large dedicated clan and has a low-tier amp, going with pubs is what I've got to do, and that itself hasn't yielded any fruit. So I also hope this sword isn't a requirement for the next quest. Because if I have to go through Eidolons to play it, then I simply won't play it. I play games to have fun, and if I'm not having fun, then I simply won't play it.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

What I hate about it is that it is not considered Mastered when it hits rank 30.

I don't care about extra 1k mastery points it holds hostage to formas, but the fact that my profile will have shown X-1/X items mastered will bug me every time I'll be looking there.

18 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I really think this is the type of item DE wants people to work towards, and not just be done with it in an hour after the quest.

Then why not add challenges that allow you to upgrade it instead of making it tedious/boring to craft/forma? Give players a choice of quests to complete and each time they complete the selected quest the weapon gains a polarity and 2 ranks (similar to gilding). Once 5 selected quests are completed the weapon unlocks its true power.

Because you are able to select the quest you want to complete, DE could make some of them more time consuming but easier and others more challenging but shorter so that players have control over the type of grind they want to do. For the sake of sanity, DE could allow players to return to the quest giver (spoiler free), cancel the quest, and select a different one if they made a wrong choice.

Think of it like a blend of the Sands of Inaros quest and riven challenges, just with actual player choice.

Or DE could just pick a random resource, require it for crafting, and force players to forma that item 5 times. Which sounds better for giving players a goal to work towards?

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

1 hour ago, WindigoTG said:

What I hate about it is that it is not considered Mastered when it hits rank 30.

I don't care about extra 1k mastery points it holds hostage to formas, but the fact that my profile will have shown X-1/X items mastered will bug me every time I'll be looking there.

Actually it is and you can keep mastering it up till it is lvl 40 and it counters each time.

As for the cost, the worst part is the 1K ducets and honestly I did that in a few defense missions only staying 4 rounds and that was starting with zero because I've been lazy about collecting them.

Windigo is right, it isn't mastered at 30, and i see his point. However, how do you put a new item into the system that breaks the normal box of 0-30 mastering without it having some extra work involved? In case of the 5 forma, it takes the forma ofcourse, as well as the leveling x 5. Somebody suggested having quests/challenges instead for each tier-up.

The first way (current forma) requires time but has a high degree of freedom on how you want to aquire the forma as well as how you want to relevel the item, but fits nicely with customizing the weapon in the process. The second way would most likely restrict that freedom.

A third option could be mastering the weapon at 30, but at the same time getting the option to "evolve" the weapon. This process would then be similar to putting a forma on, but giving the weapon a new name and thus a new mastery entry (would perhaps feel a little pokemon-like though? - as well as cause unnecessary clutter if they want to add many items with similar mechanics).

A mix of the above could also be an option, but however you want to slice it, if DE wants to implement new items which break the "normal rules", it will be hard to please everyone since breaking the rules literally means that it wont fit the standard box that is the current system metaphorically speaking.

In not so many words, i see why windigo would get annoyed that it holds 5 forma "hostage" to be mastered, but on the other hand to break the normal rank 30 boundary, it HAS to require something extra one way or another. I am pretty sure the DE folks have had a lot of debate over this already before they ended up at the current solution.

Edited by Onds
spelling

8 hours ago, GrazewoundZeroLow said:

Creating a build to take down an Eidolon was the last thing I needed to do in Warframe, and I was pushing it back as much as I could. Well, I guess the time has come.

It really isn't that bad. You can get 5 shards in a single night, facing only the teralyst.

What would have been nice from DE is, after the costs to build and the 5 formas to rank it up, a little bit more MR .. to me it seems rather low in comparision to any normal weapon which we dont need to waste 5 formas on .. but hey it is what it is in our world of Warframe 😉  now I just need to find 4 more weapons to get to that elusive 26!  roll on Fortuna!!

are we there yet.. are we there yet.. are we there yet..