Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cost of Paracesis

walter100

Based on one's perspective, it can seem significant. To others, it might be borderline unacceptable. Tolerable, maybe, but not immune to criticism.

I think it's high personally. Coming from someone who has almost no use for ducats, it could stand to be cheaper.

Fortunately, it's hardly a priority item for anyone right now.

Edited by ArcKnight9202
Typographical errors

2 hours ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

Based on one's perspective, it can seem significant. To others, it might be borderline unacceptable. Tolerable, maybe, but not immune to criticism.

I think it's high personally. Coming from someone who has almost no use for ducats, it could stand to be cheaper.

Fortunately, it's hardly a priority item for anyone right now.

But the argument/complaint is basically "omg it cost x and i can get other things with that, i don't want to spend x make it cost y" 

i don't wanna spend 24k (or however much) endo on mods primed mods should i start complaining about primed mods because they cost a lot, should i start making threads advocating they cut the cost in half? 

when they had this item come out i had 0 ducats. i'm a casual player. and was easily able to instantly get 1k ducats without hitting anything im hoarding (cus lets be real there is something we all hoard)

Bottom line, it is not meant for "younger" players. It is meant to be something you can build after working for it. I, like many others, had more than enough of those resources collecting dust including the 5 forma needed for it to reach max stats. If you think the build cost is too high, you are not ready to wield it.

It's like anything else early on. I remember actively farming certain resources a mission at a time thinking that it was taking forever, but when I finally built that next frame or weapon it was an accomplishment. These days I have thousands if not hundreds of thousands of those resources with nothing to use them for.

Ducats= traded Prime parts
Plat= Traded Prime parts
Prime parts traded for Ducats= fewer parts traded for plat. Fewer prime parts traded for plat = more money spent on plat, prime access, etc. More money spent on plat, prime access, etc = more money for development and server upgrades.

You're looking at the small picture. Think big.

1 hour ago, ThumpumGood said:

Ducats= traded Prime parts
Plat= Traded Prime parts
Prime parts traded for Ducats= fewer parts traded for plat. Fewer prime parts traded for plat = more money spent on plat, prime access, etc. More money spent on plat, prime access, etc = more money for development and server upgrades.

You're looking at the small picture. Think big.

Not really because there is an infinite number of relics and prime parts. That would only really work in a world of limited resources. It doesn’t have to be either/or in this scenario.

The only limited resource here is time. You can have your cake and eat it, if you put in the time and that’s the rub. Some players want it now but haven’t put in the time, players who have been playing for longer don’t bat an eye at these costs and still have tons of parts for trades. This seems far from a resource sink or DE trying to boost plat sales, just them trying to pitch this weapon at the right audience. It’s hardly at the hema level of ridiculousness is it.

On 2018-10-19 at 12:54 PM, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Not really because there is an infinite number of relics and prime parts. That would only really work in a world of limited resources. It doesn’t have to be either/or in this scenario.

The only limited resource here is time. You can have your cake and eat it, if you put in the time and that’s the rub. Some players want it now but haven’t put in the time, players who have been playing for longer don’t bat an eye at these costs and still have tons of parts for trades. This seems far from a resource sink or DE trying to boost plat sales, just them trying to pitch this weapon at the right audience. It’s hardly at the hema level of ridiculousness is it.

It may not seem like plat sales boost.... yet. But if everyone starts making this weapon, I wouldnt be surprised to see more weapons and even frames that require ducats.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently started crafting the Paracesis and I think that it's pretty cheap after all, though that's 1,000 ducats gone, I wouldn't say it's wasted time. After all, this can have 90 mod slots, which could buff this weapon exponentially. All in all, I believe this was a worthy cost. Since this blueprint is unlocked pretty far along during the game, it shouldn't be too hard to farm for 1,000 ducats, if you don't already have enough.

The Paracesis is a really really cool idea and execution - it’s basically there as a recipient of the sacrificial mods from umbra’s skiajati.  Whereas, the skiajati was made with the mods and designed for it, the paracesis is like a melding of the two different separate technologies.  Awesome idea lore-wise.

A level 40 weapon with 5 formas, two amazing passives against sentients, the possibility to build her up in anyway possible (hello umbra mods), being a greatsword, and not only that, but quite an exceptional one (not the best greatsword ingame but when we'll go tl tau we'll have 60% more raw damage against them, and even until then, still a beast)

IMO, it was actually too easy to get it. DE gave it to everyone so freely as an option to umbra, to not force everyone play him once the new war arrives. It's actual cost is waaaaay more than what we pay for ingame. The only "annoying" part is that you need to forma it 5 times. Other than that, a super beast. Im so glad i got it and i wouldve spend even 5k ducats on it.

I made it super-quick really. I had no ducats but grinded 1000 in the time it took to build a galatine. I was off sick with a broken toe, but played for a couple of days and soon had it. Only a few 2-3 hour sessions morning and night.

Couldnt believe how easy it was built..

Luckily I had just grinded up my quills ranking and finally built my first custom amp - so had plenty of eidolon shards built up.

Edited by (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER
Extra info

1000 ducats can easily be earned within an hour from quick capture/exterminate missions. Considering this as lost plat is amongst the stupidest thing I've read, lol. Crazy how people forget to play the game.

I think the price is justified considering the nature of the sword. Not only does it have unique stats that should do great in the upcoming new war, but it's also a personal "gift" from Ballas himself, likely with a very special purpose. How do you even set a value to that? 

Anyways, we've already had plenty of time to build and upgrade it, and it will likely be quite a while longer. If you're not preparing yourself for the next chapter of the main story, don't be complaining the day it goes live. The sentients won't give f about your amount of plat.

Personally I just finished my Paracesis build last week, by finally being able to upgrade the sacrificial mods. I've been using it a lot for random play lately, simply because it's a very cool sword and probably the only big one I really like. It's certainly not the best, but gets the job done. Totally worth the investment.