Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] [Arbitrations] One enemy, one shot and one dead Tenno

Souchira

Enemy damage scaling at higher levels is ridiculous and most games end by being one-shot.
At this point there really is no point in playing anything but frames like Nidus or Inaros.
The random warframe buff doesn't really help either, if anything most of the time its just a noob trap, 300% more damage is irrelevant if you die in one shot.

The way damage scales in WF has been an issue as long as I've been playing the game but wasn't a problem until now because you could just resurrect and be on your way.

Already looking forward to the "git gud" replies this will get 😎

obligatory git gud and dodge all teh bullits comment

in truth. i havent tried arbitrations for this very reason... not dying against high level enemies is currently a "speciality" for a couple of frames (rhino, nidus, inaros, chroma and a couple of other tank frames)

honestly, damage needs to be revisited for enemies. shieldgating being one of them, maybe even go nuts and have a cap on how much damage per shot enemies can deal, since most of them have rapid-fire anyways. i get that arbitrations are supposed to be "super challenging" but being oneshot without revives is beyond "super challenging" and into the realm of "not worth it no matter what the rewards are."

Haven't had to resort to using nidus or inaros. My main problem has been people dieing or leaving and I think high damage, health bars and no revives is artificial difficulty.  I would prefer those to be softened if they added some extra complexity like the sortie modifiers, bosses and more things like those invul drones. 

Edit: Only time I died is Loki because it felt so easy I thought i' just go and punch a nullifier to death

Edited by Solarsyphon

1 hour ago, Souchie said:

Enemy damage scaling at higher levels is ridiculous and most games end by being one-shot.
At this point there really is no point in playing anything but frames like Nidus or Inaros.
The random warframe buff doesn't really help either, if anything most of the time its just a noob trap, 300% more damage is irrelevant if you die in one shot.

The way damage scales in WF has been an issue as long as I've been playing the game but wasn't a problem until now because you could just resurrect and be on your way.

Already looking forward to the "git gud" replies this will get 😎

I've been an advocate for damage reshuffling for some time now.

Weaker enemies should do scale slower, whilst stronger ones should scale faster. Although a few enemy designs would need to be adjusted. For one, change snipers so that you can consistently dodge them (maybe have the laser be a 100% guarantee for the shot hitting it, but have the laser follow you more slowly?), giving Bombards some kind of weakness since right now they're kinda good at everything and take weapons off of Nullifiers because they're already high-priority targets as is.