Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk about the Sentients.

Waterbeacon

So the Sentients are probably my favourite faction in warframe. I always hoped that the Tenno would eventually team up with them to help try and restore the origin system, then moving on to help us defeat a new enemy within Tao (possibly the man in the wall or a rebelling group of Sentients) but with the recent Chimera quest that looks less like a possibility. I understand that the Sentients cannot (or should not) be as simple as good or evil and our only encounters with Sentients have been negative. What I am trying to get at is the direction the Sentients are being pushed. Are they murder machines that are trying to kill the Tenno due to our previous alliance with the orokin? Or are they simply trying to prevent Tao from going to ruin like the origin system? What do you think? What direction do you hope that the Sentients are pushed? 

Edited by Waterbeacon

10 minutes ago, Waterbeacon said:

So the Sentients are probably my favourite faction in warframe. I always hoped that the Tenno would eventually team up with them to help try and restore the origin system, then moving on to help us defeat a new enemy within Tao (possibly the man in the wall or a rebelling group of Sentients) but with the recent Chimera quest that looks less like a possibility. I understand that the Sentients cannot (or should not) be as simple as good or evil and our only encounters with Sentients have been negative. What I am trying to get at is the direction the Sentients are being pushed. Are they murder machines that are trying to kill the Tenno due to our previous alliance with the orokin? Or are they simply trying to prevent Tao from going to ruin like the origin system? What do you think? What direction do you hope that the Sentients are pushed? 

To be fair, the Sentients, when they made the jump to Tau, became barren. As they witnessed firsthand how the Origin system was ravaged by the Orokin, they waged war against them to prevent another system from falling into ruin.

Now, the Vitruvian in The Sacrifice revealed that  Umbra frames and other WarFrames were used by the Orokin to fight off the Sentients. This is where the misunderstanding occurred with the Sentients. They saw the WarFrames, Tenno, as instruments of the Orokin Empire, a military force if you will, to help spread the Orokin's ambitions. 

As a result, that explains why they go ham on us every time we encounter them in the beginning. But that does beg the question, why would the Sentients team up with an Orokin, Ballas, and why did The Lotus. Space Mom, revert back into Natah when we first encounter Ballas?

I feel these things will be answered in The New War. So, gear up Tenno, a war's coming