1st Thoughts of Arbitration.

Hopeofhell

So first id like to say this is what honestly imo ESO should had been like. This is a fun way to play the game minor some small issues... which ill get onto

1st, Random oneshots.... This is a common issue iv been hearing about from alot of my discords is that not even remotely high level mobs (EG 70 Chargers) seem to just randomly oneshot you sometimes, Yes this is likey a bug but its still a issue bug or not.

2nd, The Drones being franky too obnoxious, I like the idea and i was one of the few who enjoyed the idea of the Red Gems on "elite" mobs that DE showed off and canned a long time ago. This is clearly a new spin on that and well... Honestly i feel like a drone that makes mobs in a AOE utterly untouchable while being immune to powers itself is maybe, Abit much.
Honestly if i was to have it my way the drone itself would stay the same, Small kinda fast with the AOE buff. But the buff itself honestly shouldnt keep mobs being untouchable but just nearly untouchable.
Id say having mobs being CC immune but take at base a 80-90% DR buff over 100%.

I like that it makes the mobs a issue per-say but when part of the wow factor to these alerts is the boons which on some frames are well.... utterly mute sometimes due to these dones.

3rd, Its not a issue at all but its a thing that would be nice to see, +Range as a boon as well as +Str because some frames frankly dont take Str well if at all.

But these are my only thoughts so far on the new gamemode. It would be nice to see a version of this for non endless gamemodes as well but as it currently stands its rather nice.

7 minutes ago, Hopeofhell.T.TV said:

2nd, The Drones being franky too obnoxious, I like the idea and i was one of the few who enjoyed the idea of the Red Gems on "elite" mobs that DE showed off and canned a long time ago. This is clearly a new spin on that and well... Honestly i feel like a drone that makes mobs in a AOE utterly untouchable while being immune to powers itself is maybe, Abit much.

I just did an infested survival. When you combine those drones with Ancient Healers its a deadly combo. You got 20 infested crawling around you, Disruptor, Healer and drone. Only way to deal with that situation is RUN lol Cant kill the drone, cant kill the infested.

12 minutes ago, CyberPrimate said:

I just did an infested survival. When you combine those drones with Ancient Healers its a deadly combo. You got 20 infested crawling around you, Disruptor, Healer and drone. Only way to deal with that situation is RUN lol Cant kill the drone, cant kill the infested.

Honestly this wouldnt be as bad if it was just 90% DR, Granted 100% immune maybe the only way to make infesed missions intresting but its kinda lame.

The one shot bug happened to me lol

Was in an infested survival got +300% for Zephyr I was playing safe keeping with group then on one of the infested stairs the one thats kinda a hole they were 4 chargers an infested moa an ancient plus 2 disruptors and the new drone protecting from the back as i see that and jump to get over Ancient hook grabs from above the stairway and one one-shot it was extremely frustrating but hey what you gonna do hopefully its fixed on monday.

Just did an arbitration alert on Ceres (defense) with Mesa with 925 health and a set of arcane guardian. 

No problem of health during the mission, when I was insta kill wave 23 at full health.

Edited by Alpha56

I also got insta malled twice... Luckily the second time it happened I was Nidus with 40+ stack. I kept my distance since and definitely not using melee for now. 

I like the 3rd suggestion. Strength on Loki was kind of meh. Though it motivated me to run him and turns out he is great at excavation. Range or duration would be cool. 

I haven't seen any weapon buff that made me go "oh used to hate that gun, let me use it". Mostly because if I hate a gun, it's the way it plays that I hate not really its power. 

For weapons alternatives aren't an option because more dmg is always best. 

Well, my first thoughts is that it isn't really well thought out...

I mean the concept is nice, but it kinda feels like it was designed by an overenthusiastic 10 year old, just going "You die only once, and then the level is high, and then rounds are longer, and then it has a new enemy that makes it a nightmare on Infested maps with Ancient healers nearby, etc."

And in the end you have a game mode that isn't fun... It tends to get boring, which leads to complacency and then death... I did the game mode twice, and both times by 5 minutes i was bored out of my mind, and on the second time, i actually died because i was checking the riven someone linked in chat... Idk what actually killed me since i was inside frost bubble, but yeah i was checking chat, so i'm not even going to say it was a glitched one-shot, i was simply distracted.

It takes too long to get very underwhelming rewards, most of those mods are kinda meh, i mean at this point any new mod is either going to be a bit broken or meh, to be honest. And none of the rewards justify spending double the time to get them, on what's already a somewhat "hard" mission.

It's a nice idea, but ultimately it's no better than doing 2h+ survivals, or whatever, it's something a few people will do a lot, but most people will be done with quite fast, because it's simply not worth the time you spend on it.

Breaking it down:

• The enemy levels is adequate. Could be higher, but i guess not everyone will find the lvl 80 somewhat easy.
  • The doubled wait time for rewards is misguided, and makes missions less tolerable, especially since the rewards themselves aren't that good. I mean if it was double the reward rate (half the wait time) that might make these missions somewhat more tolerable, which would also increase the rate of enemy power ups i guess. But having to wait twice as long, just makes the missions less fun.
  • the ABC(C) rotation is nice, but completely drowned out by the fact that the loot table is pretty much the same thing (only the Ayatans change) with minor changes in drop rates:
    • Rotation A has 38% chance of Endo, 18% for Ayatans and 2% for mods
    • Rotation C has 55% chance of Endo, 31% chance for Ayatan, and 3.5% for mods
  • Drones are just more annoying Nullifier, they make enemies immune to most damage and cc, in small rooms they can be almost impossible to kill because they tend to evade and your shots get blocked by the things they're shielding, with Ancient healers present, it's twice the pain, since ancients are so tall that they always shield the drones, ancient healers with drones pretty much means you have to pour enough fire to kill the drone 3 times over. It's just adding salt to the wound of an already kind of not very fun game mode.
  • Vitus Essence rewards are pretty much unrewarding... The mods are meh at best, with only the Power Donation being remotely useful.
  • The boons are nice, although, because they pull from the entire pool of weapons and warframes in the game, and not player's, i've had boons that i didn't even recognize the weapon name (probably a zaw).
  • The added dificulties for each game mode seem a bit unnecessary, just making the mode artificially harder, which removes nothing from it being extremely boring none the less, mostly due to the extended wait time.

TLDR:

All in all, this mode seems to have been custom built just to make the game feel harder and increase failure rates for player, without actually bringing a true challenge or making it worth the investment. It's not particularly harder than other higher level content like sorties and ESO, but it does add enough "hardship" to make it less fun than any of the other game modes.

Doesn't live up to the hype.

Edited by ReaverKane