why the waste of time gate on arbitrations?

zumbledum

I saw with excitement a new patch with an actual end game activity! first thing to do since sorties were added so for the first time in about 300 logins i stayed loged in to actually play today , only to find i have to waste a bunch of time doing pointless sctutwork in truly trivial zones , i did unlock all these star chart nodes on the first star chart but that got undone with a revamp.

i am sure a bunch of folks will defend this and thats fair enough , i dont really care either way i simply wonder why? i just dont see the point. i eleceted to not spned a few hours doing boring busy work on my day off and play something else.

being vaguely used to the internet i know the people that can answer this wont and all those that cant will . but im back to not reading this forum and logging in just to collect the daily reward. and thats what this time waste gate achieved with me , why do it? what does unlocking every node (for the third time in my case) prove?

think of it like your parents telling you to eat all your veggies before you can get dessert. personally i didnt mind the restriction however i was annoyed by it admittedly even though i only had to clear 7 more nodes, on the other hand though this starcharts been out for how long now, i feel like we had more than enough time to clear it all after the revamp.