Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excaliber or Trinity Prime

NotTungsten

Question

13 answers to this question

10 hours ago, NotTungsten said:

Hey i pretty much have just started the game, finished earth btw, and I was wondering which is better for the early stages of the game. Excaliber or Trinity prime. Help me decide pleas

Trinity Prime, you can get Excalibur from boss drop later... dont waste your platinum on something that you can obtain easily..

alternately,  instead of Trinity Prime, get Nekros Prime instead... trust me, you'll need a farming Nekros later...

Edited by (PS4)calvin_0

1 hour ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

Trinity Prime, you can get Excalibur from boss drop later... dont waste your platinum on something that you can obtain easily..

alternately,  instead of Trinity Prime, get Nekros Prime instead... trust me, you'll need a farming Nekros later...

I think you missed OP's statement. Assuming he/she is relatively new and has obtained Trinity Prime from the Twitch Prime drop, the post is asking which frame is better for early game.

Excalibur is able to get through some of the early game content decently well

It really depends on what you want to do. Excalibur is the more objectively powerful warframe of the two at lower levels. However if you are playing with friends and want to handle lower tier bounties on the Plains of Eidolon then you will likely get more value out of Trinity once you have ranked her up as she can support the team with energy and heals as well as her longer range revive.

It really depends on your luck with drops and the missions you do. Especially when it comes to farming bosses until you know how they all work.

Trinity Prime imo

Only because i was a darned noob all those years back and sold Excal because i just didnt get the game.

Then i researched and moved onto Trinity, which is a great pick if you have the mods.

On 2018-10-14 at 12:21 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Excalibur b/c Trinity is too weak w/o proper mods you get in the late game

^^

But once you have the mods you have a great frame in Trinity.  She has a heal in her 4th ability which also grants damage reduction.  She can mitigate even more damage with her link 3rd ability and she can feed these abilities with unlimited (not quite but basically) energy from her 2nd.  The 1st isnt really anygood unless you want to "freeze" something in place for a bit, which does have its uses.

I rolled with Trinity Prime for a long time, still think shes my most used.  I dont use her much anymore unless helping in a squad.  Highly recommended you use her eventually.  The upkeep is a bit of a juggle but nigh unkillable.  Just doesnt have any damaging abilities really, which is why i moved on to others.

I found her to be a good stepping stone.