Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost bubble increasing size when stacking?

CitricComet

Question

So I do not know if I missed some update on a change to Frost's 3 or if this is a bug - but twice this morning Frost's bubble expanded to about twice it's size as I stacked more of them together.  It was really weird.  Seems to happen on the 3rd attempt to stack on a bubble that has been placed.

Was playing T4 defense mission in the void both times it happened - not sure if that matters or not.

Anyone know about an update for this?

If it is a planned update - really not happy with it.  It forces the bubble larger then I modded for and makes it much easier for nullifier's to take it down.

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

omeone in the squad had growing power

Strength doesn't increase the size

11 minutes ago, CitricComet said:

Was playing T4 defense mission in the void both times it happened

you got the Fissure buff on your frame after collecting 10 reactants. It doubles range and strength

not sure, but Growing power does not affect ability range to my knowledge.  do not know if there is an aura mod that does - but if so, shouldn't that affect all of my bubbles?  even the 1st one?  This only happened after I stacked on an existing.

happened in 2 different missions also, so - idk...

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

you got the Fissure buff on your frame after collecting 10 reactants. It doubles range and strength

fissure buff makes some sense, but does that have a time limit on it?

New bubbles after the initial growth in size were all back to the original size?

There is a time limit applied.  Thanks Gnarls...

"Reactant Buff

Upon collecting 10 Reactants, the player receives a buff to one of their equipped gear which gets corrupted for an amount of time based on the tier of the Void Fissure (time = 30sec × tier). The buffed gear will emit lighting bolts and gets a corrupted texture effect.

Corrupted Warframes receive a 2x multiplier to Ability Strength and Ability Range.

This affects the total value, meaning with a maxed Intensify for 130% Ability Strength will turn into 260% while the buff is active.

Primary and secondary weapons receive unlimited ammunition and no longer need to reload.

Melee weapons' Channeling costs are reduced to 1 point of Energy per enemy hit."

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Fissure

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Hence why I said don't ask me why.... but it has happened on a few occasions and I wasn't doing a relic run.

I remember there beeing a similar bug back when the current globe stacking was in its early phase... that's appearently a result of globes not stacking propperly. They eather overlap/clip or grow. You may end up having the original sized globe inside your expandet globe if you spam it often enough should it be that kinda bug again.

As someone who's using a max range frost, i really hope for this to be intedet though. A big globe acts as slow field that stacks with other slows... raising its size could be all kinda usefull.