Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Hide Owned" is kinda pointless, there is a better option.

Carnage2K4

While I like the effort to make the UI easier to navigate, I'm perplexed by what amounts to pointless additions when a much better option was available.
The specific instance I'm speaking of is the addition of the "Hide Owned" option in the Dojo Labs (and all the other places)... I see the intent, but given the typical circumstance of a player it's a completely useless addition.

I 'own' maybe 2 or 3 of the weapons from each Lab so ticking this option does essentially nothing.
Honestly, who 'owns' all the weapons in the Labs? I bet it's less than 1% of players.

Why do you bother to add this option when "Hide Mastered" is not only what you need as a player in a big weapons list but the clearly obvious choice seeing as it's directly related to levelling, which is ultimately the goal of most players who would require such an option to hide anything, in addition; 'owning' weapons takes plat (weapon slots are not unlimited), when mastering them is a part of game progression, by design adding to the options' ultimate pointlessness, as by function of the game you need to free up slots and therefore stop 'owning' the weapons, removing them from the pool of weapons this option would effect.

If you add "Hide Mastered" instead of "Hide Owned" suddenly the option actually has a use and is relevant to 95% of players as mastering is completion and most ppl will want to hide completed items.
I've Mastered every weapon (apart for the 3 new ones) in the game, if a "Hide Mastered" box existed, that would be extremely useful as I would not need to scroll through a weapons list with no apparent sorting applied to it looking for the new stuff.
One option is very useful, but DE chooses the functionally identical version of that option that is almost useless... Perplexing is what it is.
Again, I appreciate that DE is making efforts to make the UI better, but I seriously wonder if some of the devs even play WF sometimes as this seems so obvious... Yet here I am making this thread.

Edited by Carnage2K4