Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Block on controller not working

YUREtheFURY

I use an xbox 360 controller to play, i have block bound to my left trigger along with gun aim. I can aim just fine with primary and secondary weapons so i know the button works just fine, but when i switch to full melee i cannot block at all. Using block on the keyboard works just fine as well, i've tried switching the block to various other buttons and i problem still persist. It was working prior to the update. Is anyone else having this issue? or found a fix for it? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-14 at 10:55 AM, Poe_the_Crow said:

Setting your controller to the defaults and re-entering your custom bindings will fix the problem temporarily

Maybe for you, but not necessarily.  My partner and I both had the dead left trigger in melee problem.  I was able to set mine to block and make it stick.  My partner has never been able to use left trigger since this broke.  It's specifically only the left trigger and nothing we have tried will make it work.

Even more strangely, if my partner logs into their account on my PC (we have basically identical PCs, and 360 controllers), IT WORKS FINE!  It is *specifically* broken on their PC.  And, again, this is *only* in dedicated melee mode.  The trigger works perfectly normally for aiming/gliding the rest of the time.

Please DE, fix whatever you broke.  It is infernally obnoxious having only melee gliding not work or having to use different triggers to glide depending on melee/shooting.

Edit: Fix found!  Deleting the settings folder (User/AppData/Local/Warframe) entirely restored LT and block for my partner.  The Chimera update must have done some weird inconsistent corruption to the settings file.

Edited by TyrianMollusk