Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara needs to be nerfed, hard.

Koed

• 5 weeks later...

I play her ALOT but I will say she is like a jack of trades. She does well in many things, but never truly excels in any of them. Though she does become a great support with the right Mods. Aka; Mending Splinters and Power Donation with high duration. I keep everything alive!

On 2018-10-13 at 4:05 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

I have never seen Gara this strong. Actually I thought she and Khora are the worst frames ever created.

Haha... not even close.

_________

And it's threads like these that ruin Frames for no good reason. For it to be actually overpowered you'd have to use a ton of power strength which would nerf either your efficiency or duration, which makes it completely impractical. It's also interactive-- you have to work for the damage by using more energy. casting three abilities over and over again to even build it up.

So no, she doesn't need a nerf.

banshee cal hit the damage cap of 2.1 billion with her sonar shes been like that for years gara is fine octavia outclasses her in every way. 90% dr is nothing she will still get rofl stomped by a high level bombard. cc is way better than dr at really high level which is why radial disarm loki is more use. 

Edited by mawdeeps

Calling for a nerf because you don't like something is not a good reason regardless of what YOU, personally believe.  That logic has resulted in more harm than good in the "I know better than you, so submit to my ideas".  It results in a "classicism" type logic.  

Answer me this question "Is gara negatively affecting players or the game causing systemic damage to the ecosytem"?   If you can't answer affirmative to that question it becomes a "that is just your opinion man" and largely becomes noise IMO.     Simply put...if calling for nerf, show damages....

On 2018-10-13 at 2:58 PM, Koed said:

I know people don't like nerfs but just look at that. I am doing 6,21 million dmg. pr/sec... TIMES TWO... Because I have Splinter Storm on my carrier too.

This is so wrong.. When you cast splinter storm on allies they don't get the dmg, only the mitigation and the "pushback" effect.

Hell no. Gara is fine. The damage output requires tedious build up, there are other frames that can clear the tileset better. On top of that you need to get close and move to enemies, other frames can simply tap a key and that's it. Gara IS strong, but she is not OP nor needs a nerf.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Why?  The only time damage that high will be even remotely achievable are deep endless missions, where ironically because of enemy scaling that kind of damage is needed anyway.  This thread is starting to look like a witch hunt.

Nah, I play her in Arb a lot. It only takes a couple casts to get it into one shot territory and then it stays there forever.

18 minutes ago, Onyxeagle171 said:

Please don’t screw up a nice, well balanced frame that I love....

(wth is this combo u guys are talking abought?)

Step 1. Cast 2.

Step 2. Cast her 4, this will refresh the duration of her 2.

Step 3. Cast her 1 from outside the 4 to explode the 4. Whatever damage the exploding 4 did to things outside the barrier gets added to her 2. 

Step 4. Goto step 2.

It just needs a reasonable damage cap to it. Not neutered, just something more in line with other damage casters. Her 1 already does obscene damage compared to what other nukes can do and she has 90% dmg reduction and some of the best cc in the game. She doesnt need the 2 one shotting everything as she walks by it.

Edited by Erytroxylin

There are a few good points brought up against the nerf:

- Gara is not used much.

- It took 30 waves to get that much damage out of Gara.

- Through normal means, the situation presented in the picture is very specific. (Defense, no ability hampering/nullies)

- "90% damage reduction" is a constant from the opposition, despite the fact that there are better defensive abilities and energy is relied upon for both.

- Despite this, it is still 'reduction'. Gara can still die.

- Gara's abilities have the same weaknesses as every self-buff.

I believe that the title of this post should conform more to "Gara is overpowered in long defense mission grinds" and not to "She needs a general nerf". I have seen Garas like this one firsthand, and I need to say that none I have encountered have ruined my gameplay experience, nor has playing as Gara in general. My logic is this: If it's not a problem or disruptive to others, or staggeringly efficient in every situation, then I argue that it does not need a nerf.

This is what I think of Gara, as well. She is not used enough to be considered a major meta, and she needs incredibly specific circumstances and management to reach that level of strength. This game is not about which warframes do or do not die from 90% damage reduction or not; this game favors the warframes that can kill easily. Gara has trouble doing this no matter what you build for her, and therefore, is not overpowered in this game. In grineer/infested defenses and stationary? Possibly. In everything else? Hell no.

That's just my opinion, anyway.

On 2018-10-13 at 4:08 PM, Serafinia said:

Gara is not that op she needs any nerf. On regular game noone really reach this damage output. Also the 90% damage reduction is not a super op but an useful ability. Also she got tweaks and nerfs in the past so just pls no.

I’ve seen what OP is talking about.  It’s beyond Gen 1 Volt Overload/Saryn Miasma powerful, which would be the benchmarks for this.

It’s a true mapwipe.  

I’m not even against it.  But when I saw it? 😳.  I guess we know how She took down a giant Sentient.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I don't consider myself some sort of frame professional but nerfing Gara seems like bad idea. You got almost 3 types of frame on one, you can buff defense after mass vitrify, you can actually use that to block passage and provide shield and only a couple attacks are really causing direct damage like the Shattered Lash and when casting the wall down. It was pretty hard to get used to her but nerfing something out of the average will never happen.

On 2018-10-13 at 6:16 PM, rune_me said:

Gara is absolutely one of the strongest frames in the game. She can tank. And make allies tank. And kill everything just by touching it. And nuke entire defense maps.

Only Octavia really has her beat for usefulness.

Octavia...now THERE is a broken button-mash-2-win set-up 😆. My opinion of course. 😏

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I main gara. I do take enjoyment going into nearly any mission and out killing and surviving my teammates aside from eos. Sry but it cant out kill saryn there. With that said..No nerf. As others have stated. It takes quite a bit of time to get into that much damage. And that is IF you dont mess it up. Refreshing without missing it even once. Without running into a nullified bubble and falling off the map or in a hole. Or if you've giving a teammate the 90%reduction,the timer goes by their time and not yours so you now lost track of your own timer.The amount of work and attention I need to do to keep her that way is unlike any frame I've used. Using 3 of her 4 abilities to maintain, keeping eye on timer,eye on surroundings and enemies. She by far doesnt need a nerf. Even if you use the argument of 29k damage x2. That's peanut white numbers before armor is taking into consideration. You got up to 6 mill and assumed its times 2 because you had put it on your sentinel at the start. I've had many times where my splinter on my sentinel was no longer there and that's from not messing up my stacking So what is causing it exactly,im not sure but I guarantee your sentinel lost it a long time before you got to 6 mill and didnt even realize it.

Anyone who makes a Nerf Gara thread needs to check their priorities in life. It takes loads of effort to reach that level, and if the whole team wants in they need to have some truly unreal level of coordination to always go close to Gara every time the timer ticks down. There is nothing OP about Gara when one nullifier or scrambus and your shield of destruction is wiped. It requires management and awareness to use well.

I probably mentioned facts already on the thread, so treat this as a recap.