Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara needs to be nerfed, hard.

Koed

this thread is voicing a issue as others have in the past with seemingly OP powers in (low levels) from what i can tell, that said this is usually what resulted in the direct reduced play of certain frames....

Spoiler

mirage (nerfed to point she is not widely used much as her clones now force use of aoe weapons due to inaccuracy and side shot angle) 

ember (nerfed to the point you must have range/efficiency  and is now relatively not seen often enough due to this even in high levels , needs another rework imo)

gara has already been (nerfed) and reworked though 

for arguments sake the issue is a gara with damage and range can nuke a def map on low levels

the trouble is ... well so can any aoe frame , heck i can do this with Excalibur 3

the point of the matter is garas 4 drops off in damage past a point , it has a peak use in damage 

her 2 scales infinity due to 4 detonation (outside) and must be refreshed and burn a lot of energy to do this keep up cycle

it can become very hard to maintain her 2 with leech eximus and nullies in a mission like any frame she has a point she will fall 

same can be said of rhino, nezha , valkyr in terms of tanking

aoe wise she drops off a bit after sound quake of banshee , which i assure you can infact nuke very large areas of enemies 

gara as it stands is actually needing an overhaul of her 3 as it costs = mass vitrify 100 energy and dosnt really...do anything other then pop agro mirrors for a bit that adds to her 2 

her 2 is the focus and can be very useful for herself and teammates as she can cast it on allies 

as it stands i understand new users "crying" about seemingly overpowered frames  i honestly do, but at same time that (op) build your mad about is what barel keeps you alive in 1000+lvl enemies 

revenant can also nuke the make in much the same fashion and over long periods non stop with his 4 if you build him right 

so i dont think the reason for "nerf her she can out damage <insert frame name>" is  a fair argument

as all frames regardless of what you think have attack roles, some are AOE some are single target, some are small group, some are stealth, ect 

an example of this is

Spoiler

if a ember is running around with WOF killing the "low mobs" the bigger enemies wont die so fast ,instead of focusing on the weak mobs and saying "this ruins my experience cause i cant kill all the weak enemies like ember" you should instead tactically focus on the role of killing "big" enemies and further increase your "TEAMS" kill rate by using the embers damaging to stumble the big enemy as a easier prey for your wf to kill faster 

mind you this makes you actually have to think of this game as a team effort and not a "selfish" play of multiple players rng grouped who each try to play as if solo ...

thats not really a mature thing to do imo,  you can play solo.... so why join others and complain you arnt up to the task of playing as a group ? and further try to damage or cry nerf to get a sort of revenge grudge against the frame ?

usually when i see someone out damaging me or doing better i try to merg my play style to assist them or try to understand or even ask how they are doing so well, because sometimes its just simply not building my own frame right . it happens i can accept im not the best at it and i try to improve .

i do honestly understand when things get to op they need to be reworked or stat changed to balance them in speed of scaling damage

and example was telos boltace nerf from spam map nuke to a rather useful synergy weapon 

but in terms of map nukes 

saryn , volt, ect still beat gara in dps saryn more so as its 1 spore cast can spread and nuke nearly any enemy map 

so instead of "lets nerf gara" because you cant do the same effect in a game,id motion her 3 needs a rework which would be more synergistic to reduce the need of 4 spam nuking 

Gara has already been nerfed once for anyone who remembers the whole Gara vs. Frost debacle that resulted in DE literally neutering Gara into oblivion before she had Mass Vitrify reworked to something reasonable.Keep in mind, this is because a lot of people were complaining about how Gara was making him obsolete.

Guys, people were complaining about two frames that weren't even in the category of AoE nuke frames. And people were still bemoaning.

Her 3 could use some work, but for what it's worth her kit is fine as it is. Leave our glass warrior alone, she already blew herself up once beating the sentient on Plains and she was already wrecked by DE once before finding something that worked for her. Can we not bash her anymore?