Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Channeling bug

ZedClampet

Currently I have melee channel bound to E with left click as my melee attack, however when I hold down any direction+sprint I can no longer activate channelling. 
I tried rebinding it to various keys with no change, then I tried binding it to mouse button 5 which for me is transference/operator ability usually and it still didn't work. Then I bound mouse button 5 back to transference/operator, entered melee mode and held a direction+sprint and the operator worked fine. which confirms it's a problem with channelling specifically.

Since yesterdays Chimera update, melee channeling does not work like it did before update.

While holding down the shift button when also holding down the W button makes channeling fail.

It works normally without shift, but once shift gets pressed also it stops working, and i have to say its quite annoying because that's what i used to do when i needed heals from life strike mod

but now i cant rush to my enemy's resulting in getting downed alot because i cant reach the enemy quick enough without shift.

it happens with every warframe i have, every melee weapon i have, so it's not just a certain set of item(s) / warframe(s)

Would you be so kind to look into this matter? i really like being able to sprint and channeling at the same time

I'm having the same problem.  It reminds me of those old-school lamps that need two clicks to turn on and off.  I feel like this is related to the toggle that turns block and melee-channel on and off interfering with the permi-toggle in the options/settings, but I'm not 100% sure.  I have this problem every game, but I'm having trouble 'reliably' recreating it.  Its incredibly common for me, though.  I'd say 4/5 channeling attempts fail.

From my testing of the problem, it looks like you cannot channel while pushing any other button.  If you have turned on the option to toggle channeling in options; however, you can turn off channel while pushing other buttons, you just can't turn channeling on.  If I stop all movement & only press mouse1, I can toggle channeling back on.

Like @whirl89, I have noticed that heavy blade melee weapons also seem to have lost momentum.