Okay, I'm gonna have nightmares tonight...

FlusteredFerret

2 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

How come deserted ships are way creepier than ones full of enemies trying to kill you?

Image result for imagination spongebob gif

And I'm not just memeing. Your mind will always be able to invent scarier things than you can see.

Hope you enjoy the quest, it's a good one.

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

How come deserted ships are way creepier than ones full of enemies trying to kill you?

you're used to the ship being full of enemies trying to kill you. it's what you expect, what you don't expect is what scares you more, because your mind isn't prepared for it. in this case you don't expect the ship to be deserted, and it startled you.

I wish that the dead space-esque lighting was on Eris and other infested ships. the infested aren't scary enough IMO.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I wish that the dead space-esque lighting was on Eris and other infested ships. the infested aren't scary enough IMO.

...Anymore.

I remember having to fight off herds of infested in pitch black rooms with only my little rifle light illuminating piles of dead NPCs. Struggling to find ammo, low on stamina, and light on mods to begin with only to get dragged into packs of Chargers by Ancients.

They are sunshine and rainbows, comparatively, these days.

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Image result for imagination spongebob gif

And I'm not just memeing. Your mind will always be able to invent scarier things than you can see.

Hope you enjoy the quest, it's a good one.

It's the same rule with threats. An open ended threat is scarier than any threat because their mind will make something far worse. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you're used to the ship being full of enemies trying to kill you. it's what you expect, what you don't expect is what scares you more, because your mind isn't prepared for it. in this case you don't expect the ship to be deserted, and it startled you.

It certainly does lend an entirely different atmosphere to the game, to what you are used to. Reminded me of playing F.E.A.R, Unreal: The Awakening and various other jump-scare games, where you know something's gonna leap at you out of the darkness...you just don't know where or when.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

13 hours ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Have you ever watched a horror movie?!?

Plenty. I still rate the original Alien movie as an all-time classic. :wink:

Deserted spacecraft, laboratories etc. are actually a bit of a meme now. I just wasn't expecting it in Warframe. Plus Rell's voice, repeating that phrase over and over just gets to you after a while. :shocked:

Props to DE though, they absolutely nailed the horror-sci-fi atmosphere.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

16 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I'll just leave this here...

"Rap Tap Tap..."

Just started the Chains of Harrow quest. How come deserted ships are way creepier than ones full of enemies trying to kill you?

just wait until you get "hey kiddo"-ed as you login at night

or you go to start the new quest....