Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Melee Mains notice anything different post update?

Im_a_Turtle

I think the movement increase will be a positive for us once we get used to it. 

Right now I feel like stances/weapon combos that don't either provide a lot of mobility or a lot of range are FAR less useful than those that do.  Maybe this'll give some lesser used stances and weapons a chance to shine a little. 

Love the new sounds, they've got things feeling a little smack-ier.

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

That and the "movement" combos seem to move you a lot further than they used to...

Almost too far, I end up having to swing 180 degrees to hit the enemy I was aiming at.

True, it's almost jarring on how far their range has been amped to. It's really bothering me using my crit build Fragor Prime but the added range from sliding being removed makes some basic swings cut too short and combo attacks overshoot.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

Just now, Im_a_Turtle said:

True, it's almost jarring on how far their range has been amped to. It's really bothering me using my crit build Fragor Prime but the added range from sliding makes some swings cut too short and combo attack overshoot.

Indeed. It's not such an issue for me with Primal Fury, but I gave the new sword a try with Tempo Royale...

Not a fan.

I don't rely on spin attacks nearly as much as I used to, but even so, throw Berserker on a Polearm and I'm all over the place now.

On a past Devstream they demonstrated some more "closing the gap" style melee moves, and I think this is the beginning of that.  Call it Melee 2.0.1.  

I think it's going to be fun, but it's just going to take some getting used to.  For now I almost have to rely on enemy radar because the screen is a blur.

6 minutes ago, Amhiel said:

I've noticed quite some weirdness in slide attacks, seems even more difficult to control than usual, have you noticed something?

Same affect as listed above with things like Tempo Royale, Slide attacks have always granted some level of movement, and it appears to have been enhanced.

It's RMB combo took me over 15m, which when I'm trying to melee things is... Not fun, imo. Guess we'll see how this works with Melee 3.0.

hace 2 minutos, DeMonkey dijo:

Same affect as listed above with things like Tempo Royale, Slide attacks have always granted some level of movement, and it appears to have been enhanced.

It's RMB combo took me over 15m, which when I'm trying to melee things is... Not fun, imo. Guess we'll see how this works with Melee 3.0.

Well I actually kind of enjoyed the giant leap in the tempo Royale block combo while leveling the Paracesis but it was a bit too much, it made me miss quite a few hits XD 

I found the only way to alleviate the sticky feet syndrome is to spam your slide key directly after your attack animations starts. It's give a tiny bit of movement to readjust your character mid swing but it's better than nothing.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

New sounds some new visual stuff like particless and some small bug which is normal with every new update. I personally not like the new sounds and I would like to use the old ones or every weapon can have their own sounds depending on their class, their material. The old heavy melee sounds was nice and this new one is somehow not really fit to me. The sword sounds okayish but I did not tested all of it yet.

Movement is definitely increased; Final Harbinger is flinging me EVERYWHERE, gonna take a while to get used to it. Super helpful for stuff like Paracesis/Gram Prime with Tempo Royale, you can actually catch the enemies you ragdoll.

Currently there's a bug where you can't start channeling if you're using WASD, hopefully that gets fixed soon.

57 minutes ago, Magneu said:

Movement is definitely increased; Final Harbinger is flinging me EVERYWHERE, gonna take a while to get used to it. Super helpful for stuff like Paracesis/Gram Prime with Tempo Royale, you can actually catch the enemies you ragdoll.

Currently there's a bug where you can't start channeling if you're using WASD, hopefully that gets fixed soon.

Yeah, that channeling bug's a problem, but I'm definitely digging the mobility. 

I suppose I can get used to going a BIT easier on the attack seed with Final Harbinger and Clashing Forest if it's going to open up another couple of dozen stances for me that I used to think were too slow.

I used to be able to go as Volt and use my Jat Kittag with his super speed to run around with  the Crushing Ruin Stance just pummeling everything, now this new movement restriction sees that all halted as he doesn't move forward anywhere near what he used to. 

DE, please revert this change to hammers back to how they were.

What i did noticed after the update is Tempo Royale, with WarCry, shoots me forward when i'm using the Block Combo. It brings me forward faster than it used to do which can be Unexpecting when i'm using the other Combos because of how fast it happens.

I can spin attack in the air infinitely if timed correctly to boost the distance I'm going, are faster everywhere, and go farther. It's amazing honestly and it's gonna require some getting used too. Lol the new spin changes are making volt and nezha the fastest fidget spinners in the west.

The more i use my pole arms the more trouble i'm having with range enemies countering my melee by simply stepping backwards a few steps. I really hope Melee 3.0 will have a bit of a "fighter's skip" movement stacked onto our attack combos; for example holding down the W key will execute the attack combos while doing a half skip walk towards the enemy, much like in karate sparring videos. 

It seems i may have to resort to meme strike from now on till Melee 3.0 gets out.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

You can't stand in place with sparring weapons and use quick melee. Now momentum carries you forward no matter if you strafe or try to back peddle. It's awful. I'm sliding around mobs instead of having direct control over my attack posture. Has something to do with melee 3.0.