Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exclusive mod slot for warframe augments maybe?

RiceHat_

Rather than a special slot just make them exilus mods like the three that already exist....not every frame truely benefits from the exilus slot and the buffs offered by drift mods are laughable to say the least. A good example is how I like to play chroma/chroma prime I run his everlasting ward augment to help my squad tank even if i had to move away from them but if i need more move speed ill just drop my effigy to get us credits and run with it. I don't need a movement mod and the drift mods are really to weak to justify a special slot for them so I kinda wish i could toss my everlasting ward into that slot sens im just tossing any old thing in it anyway. Though as DE has already put it unless its an actual movement upgrade or a frame that one of the devs mains *cough mesa'swaltz cough* then it will never go in that slot. Also to presumptively counter the mesa's waltz spam that's about to hit like a Sh*t; storm its called bullet jump then press 4 boys its not hard my buddy does it constantly,

Edited by Tpunk21

15 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

so many augments just aren't worth using, so it feels like wasted content.

Eh, it's not that. Almost exclusively augments are a direct buff to the ability they're affecting, or to the frame overall.

The real problem would be that the ability, as part of the Warframe's play style, isn't useful enough to be worth the augment.

Take a look at some of them; Pool of Life, for Trin, is actually really good for ensuring that even if your allies aren't in range, or damaging the enemy for health, they still get the benefits of 100 Health when the enemy dies, which can also play into frames that use Health Conversion. Problem? Pool of Life is useless in Trin's kit from the moment you unlock Blessing.

Ballistic Battery for Mesa? Direct upgrade to the damage you deal out with the ability, adding in Status to the shot for great use of guaranteed procs. Problem? The ability isn't worth augmenting when you have Shooting Gallery, Shatter Shield and Peacemaker to consider using instead.

Most augments that you would find 'not worth it' are largely because the ability isn't used enough in the frame's play to warrant it, or the ability itself is kind of useless anyway.

Meanwhile the augments that are considered really powerful just make the overall frame's play better, such as Ice Wave Impedence, Icy Globe, Despoil, Creeping Terrify, Ore Gaze, Pilfering Swarm, Corroding Barrage... they just make the things the frame does regularly better.

I mean, how often do people really use Everlasting Ward? It's a band-aid and we know it, and not even a useful one overall.

25 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Eh, it's not that. Almost exclusively augments are a direct buff to the ability they're affecting, or to the frame overall.

The real problem would be that the ability, as part of the Warframe's play style, isn't useful enough to be worth the augment.

Take a look at some of them; Pool of Life, for Trin, is actually really good for ensuring that even if your allies aren't in range, or damaging the enemy for health, they still get the benefits of 100 Health when the enemy dies, which can also play into frames that use Health Conversion. Problem? Pool of Life is useless in Trin's kit from the moment you unlock Blessing.

Ballistic Battery for Mesa? Direct upgrade to the damage you deal out with the ability, adding in Status to the shot for great use of guaranteed procs. Problem? The ability isn't worth augmenting when you have Shooting Gallery, Shatter Shield and Peacemaker to consider using instead.

Most augments that you would find 'not worth it' are largely because the ability isn't used enough in the frame's play to warrant it, or the ability itself is kind of useless anyway.

Meanwhile the augments that are considered really powerful just make the overall frame's play better, such as Ice Wave Impedence, Icy Globe, Despoil, Creeping Terrify, Ore Gaze, Pilfering Swarm, Corroding Barrage... they just make the things the frame does regularly better.

I mean, how often do people really use Everlasting Ward? It's a band-aid and we know it, and not even a useful one overall.

This guy you know one of the rare few who don't see chroma/chroma prime as walking vex armor and actually use him a the tank hes supposed to be go watch his spotlight hes supposed to be a supportive tank who aids his allies and adapts to any situation.

6 minutes ago, Tpunk21 said:

This guy you know one of the rare few who don't see chroma/chroma prime as walking vex armor and actually use him a the tank hes supposed to be go watch his spotlight hes supposed to be a supportive tank who aids his allies and adapts to any situation.

Funny thing, my friend, I'm not saying this from a point of just 'oh, Vex is the only thing he does', in fact you'll most commonly find me defending Chroma's other three abilities and wanting them buffed, while keeping Vex the way it is now. But here's the thing; with the way Elemental Ward and Vex Armour's buffs work the aim of Buff Dragon Chroma is to stay in range of the people you're buffing.

In Warframe? People very rarely stay in range. It's highly mobile, and unless you're defending an objective (and even then, because I've seen how so many people play...) people just don't stay within the limited range of either Ward or Vex, even when it's so beneficial. That's why Everlasting Ward was created, so that the people who run out of range can keep the buff, and this was back when Vex didn't buff allies, so Ward was the only buff he gave.

Everlasting Ward is a band-aid that should have been part of the ability in the first place, and even when modding as a Support Tank it's still not useful because his build works better for the balance of range, duration and strength to be a consistent Support Tank frame without Everlasting Ward.

3 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Funny thing, my friend, I'm not saying this from a point of just 'oh, Vex is the only thing he does', in fact you'll most commonly find me defending Chroma's other three abilities and wanting them buffed, while keeping Vex the way it is now. But here's the thing; with the way Elemental Ward and Vex Armour's buffs work the aim of Buff Dragon Chroma is to stay in range of the people you're buffing.

In Warframe? People very rarely stay in range. It's highly mobile, and unless you're defending an objective (and even then, because I've seen how so many people play...) people just don't stay within the limited range of either Ward or Vex, even when it's so beneficial. That's why Everlasting Ward was created, so that the people who run out of range can keep the buff, and this was back when Vex didn't buff allies, so Ward was the only buff he gave.

Everlasting Ward is a band-aid that should have been part of the ability in the first place, and even when modding as a Support Tank it's still not useful because his build works better for the balance of range, duration and strength to be a consistent Support Tank frame without Everlasting Ward.

IF THE MAN AINT RIGHT! XD

Truth is i use it because no one bothers to think or have stradegy come in contact with the tank once your squish meta frame survives another hit. Problem is you get out of the early game and this nasty little condition called unplugged brain kicks in its terminal you start watching youtube vids get an idea of whats meta try to replicate while not taking the time to get good at the games mechanics then whine cause your dead all the time.

Everlasting ward SHOULD be standard and part of the ability but its not and god forbid people put a vitality on much less let the tank actually tank.