Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients on Lua not spawning

MasterJ

• 3 weeks later...

I have encountered the exact same problem.  It doesn't matter how or why they aren't being able to be found, what matters is that they are basically absent from existence more than 50% of the time you do runs on Lua that spawn them.  I mean, I had them go all the way to spawn before to scan me because I was AFK!  Now you can't even find them if you try.  Because of this the only mission left where they have a 100% guarantee to spawn is Tycho, which is a survival mission.

This really needs to be fixed.  War does not need to be this hard to grind for, it was already bad enough to get the parts to build another Broken War as it was.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-31 at 4:25 PM, Marabar said:

I have encountered the exact same problem.  It doesn't matter how or why they aren't being able to be found, what matters is that they are basically absent from existence more than 50% of the time you do runs on Lua that spawn them.  I mean, I had them go all the way to spawn before to scan me because I was AFK!  Now you can't even find them if you try.  Because of this the only mission left where they have a 100% guarantee to spawn is Tycho, which is a survival mission.

This really needs to be fixed.  War does not need to be this hard to grind for, it was already bad enough to get the parts to build another Broken War as it was.

End of Feb 2019, and this is still a problem trying to complete a riven.

Edited by LordBepis
  • Like 1

Ran plato a few times for a riven, ended up doing plains instead.

Edit: Managed to get them to spawn in solo mode, smacked the Oculysts to make sure.

Edited by Guest
Behaviour change

• 3 weeks later...

Lol I was just farming some mods from the concu/batalyst for collection and didn't realize this was an issue until now. Yep no spawn. Flashing and sound but no sentients, not even the oculysts intro. Last I did this was 2017 opening a riven. It still worked back then only to realize a year later that this was an issue. 

Now when you say "Sentients on Lua not spawning" do you mean "Sentients at Plato, Lua not spawning"?

I have yet to have a successful spawn message from Lotus on any other node than Plato. I think the wiki says they can spawn on any Lua tileset, but it seems the spawn rate for even getting the Lotus' message is more rare than getting a legendary core on any node other than Plato. A good percentage of the time, the Oculysts are nowhere to be found even on Plato... Not to mention that when you actually manage to get a successful Oculyst encounter, you may not get any Conculysts to spawn. Seems like the mob spawn rate is skewed towards spawning Battalysts. And on top of that the dismally low drop chance for Broken War parts from the already rare Conculysts makes this task really obnoxious.

I get that some tasks should be difficult to achieve in a f2p game, but this is just ridiculous. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

It's been since about the mainline in November 2018, but the sentient scouts don't ever appear on Lua missions anymore. After about 1 minute into the mission you get the message and light flicker to indicate they are in the area, but they can't be found on the map anywhere. Currently makes it impossible to farm the rest of the parts for broken war.

Alright, I have discovered the underlying problem with the Oculysts appearing not to spawn on Plato Lua.  Below is a picture showing that the Oculysts are indeed spawning, but they are spawning outside of the tile (below the floor in this case).

ES6iTPq.jpg

G17UVZm.jpg

Since this thread's age is over 4 months old, I will be making a new thread regarding this bug in the forums.  I will post a link to it shortly after I compile it.  So if you have any further posts, I would highly suggest posting them in the new thread.  This bug is highly annoying and problematic to both new players and veterans alike, so it needs all the help it can get to be resolved.

*EDIT:  Here is the link to the new thread:

*Edit2: The new thread was closed and combined with this thread, so disregard all mentions of another thread related to this topic.  That thread can be found below.

Edited by Marabar
Added link to new thread // Thread closed and combined with this one.

There have been numerous reports regarding spawning issues with the Oculysts on Plato Lua since the first reported incident back on October 13, 2018.  This first report can be found here:

I have experienced this bug clear up to today, with my findings showing that the chance of running into an Oculysts and triggering the Sentient fighter spawns is around 50/50.  I will have my tests, conclusions, and findings listed in a spoiler below.

Spoiler

Plato - Lua

Sentient Oculysts Not Spawning Correctly

Date: 3/3/2019

Time: 6:15PM EST

State: Unresolved

Description: Playing the mission normally, we eventually hit a point where the lights will flicker, the sentient sound will play, and the Lotus will state that the Oculysts are nearby.  However, something is messing with their spawn, as they cannot be found at all after this trigger in some cases.

Test 1: Play Solo Mission Normally 30 Times

Warframe: Khora

Stand United

Cunning Drift

Umbral Vitality

Umbral Fiber

Intensify

Primed Continuity

Arcane Energize

Accumulating Whipclaw

Fleeting Expertise

Stretch

Hunter Adrenaline

Arcane Avenger

Ability Modded Weapon: Dark Sword

Iron Phoenix

Dark Sword

Toxi-gelipha

Primed Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

Virulent Scourge

True Steel

Organ Shatter

Drifting Contact

Voltaic Strike

Mission Number

Oculyst Spawn

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Results: 77% Spawn Rate

First Conclusions: It seems as if this problem isn't as prevalent as it was before as seen here by this initial test; however, no hot fixes or updates mention solving this issue and players ARKANOiiDe and Lorechill have stated the same issue with Oculysts not spawning as of March 2nd.  Their posts can be found here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1017699-sentients-on-lua-not-spawning/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-10523594  There is still an obvious problem here since out of my 30 runs they didn't spawn 7 times, but I'm going to run this again as I had much worse results before.

Test 2: Play Solo Mission Normally 30 Times (Again)

Warframe: Khora

Stand United

Cunning Drift

Umbral Vitality

Umbral Fiber

Intensify

Primed Continuity

Arcane Energize

Accumulating Whipclaw

Fleeting Expertise

Stretch

Hunter Adrenaline

Arcane Avenger

Whipclaw Modded Weapon: Dark Sword

Iron Phoenix

Dark Sword

Toxi-gelipha

Primed Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

Virulent Scourge

True Steel

Organ Shatter

Drifting Contact

Voltaic Strike

Mission Number

Oculyst Spawn

No

No

No

No

Yes

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

Yes

No

No

Yes

No

No

Yes

Results: 47% Spawn Rate           

Second Conclusions: Now this result is much closer to what I experienced right before I commented on the "Sentients on Lua not spawning" post in the bug forum.  That post can be found here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1017699-sentients-on-lua-not-spawning/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-10523594

Now that I have shown how bad this problem can be at times (literally being more than 50% of the time as I stated in my previous post), my next test will be slowing down my play-through of the mission while hitting everything within a 57ish meter radius to determine if that has any effect on the spawn rate.

Test 3: Play Solo Mission Using Polarize/Crush Mag 30 Times

Warframe: Mag

Rifle Amp

Power Drift

Stretch

Overextended

Counter Pulse

Transient Fortitude

Arcane Energize

Fleeting Expertise

Intensify

Narrow Minded

Primed Continuity

Arcane Rage

Mission Number

Oculyst Spawn

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

No

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

Yes

No

No

No

Yes

Results: 53% Spawn Rate

Third Conclusions: It seems that slowing down the mission has no effect on the Spawn Rate of the Oculysts nor does hitting everything within a 57ish meter radius seem to hit any unseen Oculysts after the inital message from the Lotus.

However, I will not stop here.  My next test will be to simulate the spawn rate of the Oculysts while playing the mission as intended (collecting all the hidden caches) with an average warframe (Excalibur being the sudo-average).

Test 4: Play Solo Mission Using Excalibur And Find All The Caches 30 Times

Warframe: Excalibur

Steel Charge

Vitality

Chromatic Blade (Toxic)

Adaptation

Primed Flow

Arcane Strike

Steel Fiber

Fleeting Expertise

Hunter Adrenaline

Intensify

Arcane Guardian

Modded Exalted Weapon: Exalted Blade

Exalted Blade

Primed Pressure Point

Condition Overload

Fever Strike

North Wind

Shocking Touch

Volcanic Edge

Berserker

Healing Return

Mission Number

Oculyst Spawn

Yes

No

No

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

No

No

No

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

Yes

No

No

Yes

Results: Test Haulted

Fourth Conclusions:  #Side Note: On my 13th run, I noticed that four Oculysts spawned instead of the normal two.  I am pretty sure that only two are supposed to spawn per mission, especially on solo.  Just wanted to make note of this before I forget about it.#

I have stopped the test at run 27 because I discovered the reason as to why the Spawn Rate of Oculysts appears to be so bad.  During this run I noticed that one of the Oculysts (and by assumption probably the other one) was spawned into the floor of the room.

As I was testing the issue, I discovered the reason as to why the Oculysts were not appearing to spawn into the mission.  In the pictures below, you can see that I discovered that one of the Oculysts were spawning outside of the tile, away from the sight of players and most weapons.

ES6iTPq.jpg 

G17UVZm.jpg

I am only stating the facts here as this has been an issue for the last four months, I believe this may have started around the same time as the corrupted started spawning into the walls on fissure missions if my memory serves me right.  Thus is the reason as to why I am creating a new thread on this subject.  Therefore, I hope that this information gets to where it needs to go as soon as possible.  Plato is the first mission that new players are going to see on Lua, and it would be a shame to have them confused and annoyed because the Oculysts aren't spawning correctly.  

Edited by Marabar
My first sentence was repeating itself.

Hey Neyar, just wanted to leave a link to my thread covering this problem below just to keep these threads connected.  To give you a quick rundown, the Oculysts are spawning outside of the rooms on Lua, making them nearly impossible to trigger for the Sentient Fight.  Also, this problem was first reported in October in a thread that I linked in mine.

I hope this helps in resolving this issue speedily.

Your links to a new thread are all gone. But good you figured something out, hopefully this leads to it being fixed.

I doubt the frame makes a difference, probably more related to the first few tiles and rooms of the map since you generally get warned in the first tile and when they do work, it's only a tile or two away that they appear. I'm pretty sure it's been a fairly flat series of halls at the beginning the few times I have managed to encounter them. I see your screenshot is a dirt floor from a collapsed room.

If by some chance it is frame related, I have mostly gone to try and get my last war blade to drop while playing Khora with Nekros P a distant second.

Well I hope so, since someone combined the new thread I made and the ones I linked together.  So we should hopefully see something soon.

As for why I was testing out various frames, I was originally testing to see if performing the mission differently affected their spawning as I did not know they were spawning outside of the tiles.  Since there were no leads as to why this was happening nor any proof other than people stating that it was an issue, I had to start figuring out what was happening from somewhere.  Thus why I was performing various runs with different frames, and different approaches to the mission.

Also, I wanted to have some data showing exactly how bad the encounter rate was as well and that the encounter rate didn't change with how fast the mission was completed (AKA stating that we were just nuking the mission too fast and we passed them or something along those lines).  That way there were some ground to go off of when presenting my findings.  Of course other than the horrific encounter rates, the rest of the data is meaningless since I discovered what the problem was.

Edited by Marabar
Expanding on thought

• 3 weeks later...

just a reminder, this bug IS STILL ACTIVE !!

it's so freakin annoying when you try to complete 'kill 0/6 sentients with X while Y' and similar challenge including sentients.

does vomvalyst on POE count as sentient ? if not welp it's now up to RNG to for those dang sentients to spawn on plato, lua.

it's been months already 😞

On 2019-04-02 at 5:42 AM, AnonyMouse... said:

just a reminder, this bug IS STILL ACTIVE !!

it's so freakin annoying when you try to complete 'kill 0/6 sentients with X while Y' and similar challenge including sentients.

does vomvalyst on POE count as sentient ? if not welp it's now up to RNG to for those dang sentients to spawn on plato, lua.

it's been months already 😞

Yes, Vomvalysts count (at least, they count for the "Get the final blow on 6 sentients" rivens). 

Yeah, it seems that bug is still there.

From my observations, "Rushing to big open room" when you get first flickering on screen, really helps with proper spawn. Basically be in the big room and wait for spawn message in most cases.

Also it may or may not be related, but I had a long (~10 Plato runs) streak without spawns and then relogged, remembering similar annoying bug with Frostleaf (plants don't spawn on Hieracon until you relog). After relog Oculysts started spawning at least (not always though)

Edited by Javrendei

On 2018-10-14 at 12:08 AM, MasterJ said:

Oculysts were not showing up despite the standard Oculyst message.

Occulyst are showing, but you have to actually find them. They dont find you. Sometimes there are up the balconies  that are innacessible other way than bullet jump.

Also they spawn two different versions of Sentinel Sentients: Conulysts - baseball bat hands and Battalysts - tuning fork hands, but only the Baseball Bat drops the Broken War parts.

So if you are not getting any, that is not a bug.

Note that you cannot Desecrate the bodies because they evaporate.

PS: I find Plato tedious to farm thouse. I prefer Tycho, they spawn every 5 minutes and since you are already in the middle of the tileset you know where to check for them - you dont have to run chaotically all over the place. Also the longer you stay, they spawn more of the badboys (2,3,4,5 etc)

Edited by Zakkhar

I'm playing all day long trying to unveil a riven that requires me to kill 12 sentients in one day... most of the time i go to plato, receive the msg that they showed up, then they actually don't spawn, so i complete the stage and restart again, i'll have to do it at least 24x(5~ min) to get all kills since 2 sentient spawns in 4 rounds played

Edited by Ayvuir

Still bugged.

Considering I'm trying to farm Broken War parts, this just adds a whole never level of hell to the extreme tedium I was already expecting.

Is the spawning under the world bug just related to Plato?

EDIT: Ran 3 survival missions, sentients spawned fine each time.  Ran another Plato straight after... nothing, couldn't even find them under the floor or outside the map, afaik they just don't spawn.  You get the message that they spawned, and they don't.

EDit #2:

On 2019-04-16 at 2:59 PM, Zakkhar said:

Occulyst are showing, but you have to actually find them. They dont find you. Sometimes there are up the balconies  that are innacessible other way than bullet jump.

Note that you cannot Desecrate the bodies because they evaporate.

PS: I find Plato tedious to farm thouse. I prefer Tycho, they spawn every 5 minutes and since you are already in the middle of the tileset you know where to check for them - you dont have to run chaotically all over the place. Also the longer you stay, they spawn more of the badboys (2,3,4,5 etc)

They really aren't spawning, it's blatantly obvious, because they shop up 100% of the time in survival, and maybe 20% of the time on Plato. I spent maybe an hour with equinox prime just detonating rooms on Plato to be sure I wasn't missing them, and you can cover most of the map in the time they are active. They aren't there or outside of the world.  I probably lack the patience to methodically check tiles and scan for them, but haven't personally found them outside the world, but I only checked twice.

Testing was done solo, to ensure other players didn't mess up where they were spawning.

Also, in survival they typically spawn in the tile you're on, often on top of you.

Nekros can Desecrate their bodies, I'm not certain if Khora can strangle them, I tried a few times but it was difficult to notice, whereas Nekros you literally see their body drop, lay on the floor, they poof into smoke of your energy colours and drop more loot.

You do make a good point though, Tycho is probably a better place to farm them.  Plato sees a lot of newer players that are after Octavia systems, or trials or generally just wandering around the map sightseeing, sentients are more likely to be spread out when they do spawn, and the mission often takes longer than the 5-6 minutes of Tycho, because you're waiting on other people.  I'll certainly try some longer runs as you suggest but I'd probably rather do that with friends and maybe when I've got the time to go an hour uninterrupted.

Edited by Xanoth

On 2019-04-18 at 9:52 PM, Ayvuir said:

I'm playing all day long trying to unveil a riven that requires me to kill 12 sentients in one day... most of the time i go to plato, receive the msg that they showed up, then they actually don't spawn, so i complete the stage and restart again, i'll have to do it at least 24x(5~ min) to get all kills since 2 sentient spawns in 4 rounds played

But why? Just go to Plains at night and kill Vorms. Hell, you could go Terry bounty and actually have them come to you,

Edited by Zakkhar