Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY Devs.... WHY did you ruin Bladestorm !?!?

Dreez76

Ash was one of the very few frames that was working really well. It wasn't too powerful or weak, it's abilites was well tuned and actually scaled pretty well..   He was one of the very very few frames that performed especially well with a certain weapon equipped (dagger), which made him even more special.  AND... when you go ahead and COMPLETELY ruin his Bladestorm which is what made Ash so good.    And the mods for Ash was rendered useless as well.  Fatal Teleport and Covert Lethality...  no longer any use for them.

Ash used to be one of my Go-to frames for just having fun with reliability..    If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

/puts Ash Prime in mothballbag  🤬 .

1 minute ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

That's a uh.... Pretty good question seeing as last time they touched him was a year ago almost two...

And that was a overall approved change.

Indeed, the last time he was in the patch notes was... 22.19, when they made it so that he can't teleport to cameras anymore.

1 minute ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Really? I was talking more his Re-work tbh. The whole Clone jitsu thing teleport to initiate cutscene like Prior.

I'm just looking at the patch history on the wiki ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's the last noted official change to Ash, so either Ash has a bug that the OP thinks is intended, or OP hasn't really paid much attention to Ash.

They could easily have kept it if they fixed the real balance upsetter in the game, which is the lack of cooldown/energy balance. Once you have fleeting expertise (and things like energy pads, EV trinity ,arcane energize, zenurik) spamming the 4 the entire match becomes a possibility and that's where bladestorm is problematic. But if it was legit some limiter, like every 15 seconds just so you aren't killing literally everything with one button, then there is no problem.

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

For something to be ruined it had to be good in the first place, bladestorm has forever and always been some hot garbage. One day I pray DE just tosses the skill and gives Ash something they can actually work with. 

What the chuck????

I thought Ash was just the Ninja of the group when I first saw him in the lineup. Then I saw a video of someone showing what he could do- teleporting into a group of Grinny and getting some with Fatal Tel then hitting Bladestorm. Was a sight to behold after too many shooters the fatality of a warrior in and out with flashes of blades and skillful hits. 

Then finding out you could still do shots while doing the Bladestorm was gravy on top. The only downside I had was attaching higher level Ancients and being stuck attacking while they healed thyselves. 

Have not played him much but his new Bladestorm is less interactive but still fun to hit enemies with. He is in a good place especially with his Augs. 

Give him some play before casting him away.

I'd choose to play Ash over 34 other frames in almost any given content for any given level.

Definitely in my top 3 frames.

All of his skills scale well while being both interactive and effective if properly modded (and wisely used).

Bladestorm works just fine for me currently. If I need it to be a nuke... it can be a nuke. If I need to be be an "oh crap" button...it can be that too.

23 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I'd choose to play Ash over 34 other frames in almost any given content for any given level.

Definitely in my top 3 frames.

All of his skills scale well while being both interactive and effective if properly modded (and wisely used).

Bladestorm works just fine for me currently. If I need it to be a nuke... it can be a nuke. If I need to be be an "oh crap" button...it can be that too.

Plus Umbral mods/Rage build.....hes tanky and deals Plenty of damage at high levels. I find hes underrated, hes my solo frame. 

Ash is in a great place, its a love/hate thing with Ash theres no middle ground. 

I am going to go against the grain and be one of the people that doesn't like the change to Bladestorm.  Though not for the reasons you might think.

Yes, Bladestorm was broken before.  Being able to spam it and the unvuln period made Ash my first Never Die frames for high tier tower runs.  Yes, that isn't good design and there was a lot of other things that could have been done better.  Yes, Ash is in general in a better space since the Bladestorm change as "Press 4 and take your hands off the keyboard" is never good.

However, I do not like Bladestorm in it's current state.  For the simple reason that powers that require marking a target to be effective, that require aiming, have to account for the fact that the action of aiming can just kill it with a gun or killing it with melee may be faster.  Saryn does this by spreading spores on kill, Nyx has the puppet become immune to friendly damage, and so on.  A major issue with the Revenant is that it's Thralls don't take into account how much faster they can just be killed than to spread thralls around. 

Likewise, little is done to account for the aiming requirement, or otherwise given as a benefit to aim Bladestorm vs shooting it with a gun.  Ash has a lot more in his kit than his 4, and isn't defined by his 4, but he is on a short list of frames (sharing it with Wukong) that general actions and gear feel like a better option than using his ultimate.

I don't mind aiming his 4, but I feel that using it to be a worse and more clunky choice than just killing it normally.  A similar problem exists with Inarios, really.  But I wasn't an Ash main before the change and I know my opinion is contrary to many that say Ash is their go to frame.  So take it for what you will.

3 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

What the chuck????

I thought Ash was just the Ninja of the group when I first saw him in the lineup. Then I saw a video of someone showing what he could do- teleporting into a group of Grinny and getting some with Fatal Tel then hitting Bladestorm. Was a sight to behold after too many shooters the fatality of a warrior in and out with flashes of blades and skillful hits. 

Then finding out you could still do shots while doing the Bladestorm was gravy on top. The only downside I had was attaching higher level Ancients and being stuck attacking while they healed thyselves. 

Have not played him much but his new Bladestorm is less interactive but still fun to hit enemies with. He is in a good place especially with his Augs. 

Give him some play before casting him away.

I know how he plays, now, and in the past, where do you think I drew my conclusion from? He's a frame that relies heavily on augments to be borderline useful, and I can't emphasize the borderline part of that statement enough, with an ult that went from the least interactive skill in the game to the most clunky feeling one. Ash has a lot of potential, and his first three skills have solid flow, but he's very much in need of  work still.