Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY Devs.... WHY did you ruin Bladestorm !?!?

Dreez76

1 hour ago, SweetJackal said:

I am going to go against the grain and be one of the people that doesn't like the change to Bladestorm.  Though not for the reasons you might think.

Yes, Bladestorm was broken before.  Being able to spam it and the unvuln period made Ash my first Never Die frames for high tier tower runs.  Yes, that isn't good design and there was a lot of other things that could have been done better.  Yes, Ash is in general in a better space since the Bladestorm change as "Press 4 and take your hands off the keyboard" is never good.

However, I do not like Bladestorm in it's current state.  For the simple reason that powers that require marking a target to be effective, that require aiming, have to account for the fact that the action of aiming can just kill it with a gun or killing it with melee may be faster.  Saryn does this by spreading spores on kill, Nyx has the puppet become immune to friendly damage, and so on.  A major issue with the Revenant is that it's Thralls don't take into account how much faster they can just be killed than to spread thralls around. 

Likewise, little is done to account for the aiming requirement, or otherwise given as a benefit to aim Bladestorm vs shooting it with a gun.  Ash has a lot more in his kit than his 4, and isn't defined by his 4, but he is on a short list of frames (sharing it with Wukong) that general actions and gear feel like a better option than using his ultimate.

I don't mind aiming his 4, but I feel that using it to be a worse and more clunky choice than just killing it normally.  A similar problem exists with Inarios, really.  But I wasn't an Ash main before the change and I know my opinion is contrary to many that say Ash is their go to frame.  So take it for what you will.

A reasonable gripe but the difference is that you don't even need to 'aim'. You can just swipe over a general group of enemies. On the other hand, I understand your gripe if it's specifically for stacking on single targets like a heavy unit where shooting with your modded out gun would've probably been more efficient. I think the problem is less with Ash's ability and more to do with the enemies. Your gripe is probably best applied to when you are working "with" a squad and they kill your targets before you can mark them.

In saying all of that, I think Ash's ability is fine as is and the problem lies more with the core game itself.

Edited by Goodwill