Equinox Needs Rework

(PSN)AnthonyHawks

Here is what I think they should do to make Equinox more used before her Prime is released.

1st thing is to change the 1st ability to a click or hold ability. Click the ability in Night Form to apply an Armor buff to you and your allies. Day Form to apply a damage buff to you and allies. Hold the ability to change forms.

2nd thing is the change Rest and Rage to an Aoe around yourself ability. (Toggle with 2 energy loss per kill with a base range of 10m)

3rd is to change the the Mend ability to a regen ability per kill you obtain while the ability is active on self and release ability to apply regeneration buff to all other players for a certain duration.

4th is to speed up the activation animation timing of 1st and 2nd and 4th abilities.

5th is to increase Maim damage slightly.

Edited by (PS4)AnthonyHawks
Did not specify regeneration buff release had duration and implied endless

15 minutes ago, (PS4)AnthonyHawks said:

change Rest and Rage to an Aoe around yourself ability

No thanks, that would be a big nerf, not being able to Rest enemies at range
(unless you make the radius stupid huge so the Energy cost would need to be upped to like 75).

And even then, Rage is still just a bad deal, that wanna-be-Speedva ability is ... urgh.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)AnthonyHawks said:

change the the Mend ability to a regen ability per kill you obtain while the ability is active

Could be nice, though I don't like restricting that regen to Equinox only unless you release Mend.

Also, the current (yay Squad) Overshield generation during Mend
kinda sorta already does something similar (if not better, in some cases),
so unless you want to remove that (or the burst heal on release),
you might end up with a single (potentially very cheap) ability doing a bit too much.

TBH, I'd be fine with "just" a range buff for Mend, say, 25m or so.
Or, make it Affinity-ranged, not least so Duality builds can still be good healers.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)AnthonyHawks said:

increase Maim damage

So low-level cheese gets even cheesier? Eh, can't say I see any need for that.

Your first and fourth points I don't really have a problem with.

But, you kinda missed the most important change fix Equinox needs,
to not have Augment'd Pacify & Provoke cancelled when changing forms.
The charge should either transfer / transform or become dormant until you change back again.

(Same deal for Mend & Maim, it having gained a bad version of that functionality via a band-aid "Augment" is just wrong.)

There is always a person who doesnt like someone ideas and feels like they need to point out the flaws. Bottom line is I gave ideas for a Warframe that doesnt see much use to most players. But bottomline is unless they give a significate change to Equinox. They wont sell Equinox Prime Access Pack. Im MR23.. I know the vercitility of Equinox. Heck I would be fine with just a increase to Activation timing. The way Equinox is now she copies multible frames anyways. Ember (World On Fire = Maim) Ivara (Sleep Arrow = Rest) Trinity (Blessing = Mend On Release)

2 minutes ago, (PS4)AnthonyHawks said:

There is always a person who doesnt like someone ideas and feels like they need to point out the flaws. Bottom line is I gave ideas for a Warframe that doesnt see much use to most players. But bottomline is unless they give a significate change to Equinox. They wont sell Equinox Prime Access Pack. Im MR23.. I know the vercitility of Equinox. Heck I would be fine with just a increase to Activation timing. The way Equinox is now she copies multible frames anyways. Ember (World On Fire = Maim) Ivara (Sleep Arrow = Rest) Trinity (Blessing = Mend On Release)

That's not a bottomline, that's your opinion. Equinox is still a fairly popular frame that's very strong. Maim is already a room clearing cheese ability, it has no need for more damage on top of that. Changing Rest to a AoE centered on her is more a nerf to it's usability unless it has massive range (and technically, Ivara's Sleep Arrow would be copying Rest, Equinox did come first).

5 hours ago, (PS4)AnthonyHawks said:

Here is what I think they should do to make Equinox more used before her Prime is released.

1st thing is to change the 1st ability to a click or hold ability. Click the ability in Night Form to apply an Armor buff to you and your allies. Day Form to apply a damage buff to you and allies. Hold the ability to change forms.

2nd thing is the change Rest and Rage to an Aoe around yourself ability. (Still a click ability)

3rd is to change the the Mend ability to a regen ability per kill you obtain while the ability is active on self and release ability to apply regeneration buff to all other players.

4th is to speed up the activation animation timing of 1st and 2nd and 4th abilities.

5th is to increase Maim damage slightly.

1. Eh sure I guess.

2. No this would be a bad idea. Equinox is a fairly squishy frame and removing the ability to cast from a safe distance is a bad idea.

3. This would make mend actually more viable.

4, [Natural talent] or try to cast in safe areas.

5. Put in the work to make the nuke work. It's not that hard and it scales fast.

she does need a rework but not with any of the changes you suggested.

Metamorphosis needs to be made the center of both of her kits. right now people heavily favor day because of main. that is no good for the frames health

she needs a resource mechanic seperate from energy. meaning while metamorphosis uses energy her other 6 abilities use a special resource.

problem with mend is that its only a full health heal which is wasted if no one is hurt and takes to long to make ready when you actually need to heal someone. they should add over shield to part of its mechanic or turn it into regen, or some kind of damage reduction buff

pacify and provoke need to be removed from channel as i said in favor of a new resource that replaces energy.

ive said it before in another thread that eclipse from mirage makes more sense on equinox. her powers shouldnt be lost completely when switching forms

currently there is no incentive to play dual forms in mission because you can play the missions as one form or the other without ever switching to the point they could have just made 2 seperate frames. equinox could be something very intresting but shes just maimquinox for the majority. i myself enjoy playing night more than day because of the tanky support but i definitely would like to see her become something more.

4 hours ago, MrMrs said:

2. No this would be a bad idea. Equinox is a fairly squishy frame and removing the ability to cast from a safe distance is a bad idea.

4, [Natural talent] or try to cast in safe areas.

5. Put in the work to make the nuke work. It's not that hard and it scales fast.

As Equinox Prime will more likely have more armor and health. I imagine squishiness will not be an issue and with the 3rd ability lowering enemy damage and with (Peaceful Provocation) Augment slowing the enemy in nightform. The survivability is already covered in other abilities.

And why should I be forced to use a mod on a frame cause of a bad design.

Hey everyone please buy our Prime access pack. Unforntunatly your still forced to use Natural Talent. Oh Im sorry.. You dont have access to get Natural Talent to get from the Gustrag 3 cause we removed Law Of Retribution and you need to get it by doing 5 invasions against the grineer. We could of lowered her animation timing and not force you to place mod on your warframe. But please buy our Prime Access Pack.

I said slightly increase damage to maim. Lets say maim does 250 slash damage. A slight increase would imply from 250 to 275. Average increase would be 250 to 300. Huge increase would be 250 to 400. You guys make it sound like im expecting a huge increase to maim.

Forgot words and mispelled

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

problem with mend is that its only a full health heal which is wasted if no one is hurt and takes to long to make ready when you actually need to heal someone.
they should add over shield to part of its mechanic or turn it into regen, or some kind of damage reduction buff

You say you've played Equinox, but ...

- it's not just a Health heal, Shields get restored, as well
- Mend already does give Overshields
- damage reduction is done via Pacify (and Rest, heh)

Really, I'd say Night form Equinox is ~fine right now.
It's the interaction / switch between the two forms that needs serious work.

she needs a resource mechanic seperate from energy. meaning while metamorphosis uses energy her other 6 abilities use a special resource.

Why?

ive said it before in another thread that eclipse from mirage makes more sense on equinox.

Meh, I'd rather have abilities I can more easily / fully control the effects of, thank you very much.

50 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

You say you've played Equinox, but ...

- it's not just a Health heal, Shields get restored, as well
- Mend already does give Overshields
- damage reduction is done via Pacify (and Rest, heh)

Really, I'd say Night form Equinox is ~fine right now.

Why?

Meh, I'd rather have abilities I can more easily / fully control the effects of, thank you very much.

6 forma says i do

EEoMkjN.jpg

also i missed when they patched mend it used to only do health.

still disagree for a duality frame it is the least important thing about her.

why does she need a special resource? works for nidus, and can be used for switching between forms its called innovation.

im not saying i like eclipse, i said it makes more sense something like that would be on equinox. day form gets eclipse light side, and night form gets eclipse dark side. why would they drag over eclipse inconsistent buffing when they dont have to?

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

day form gets eclipse light side, and night form gets eclipse dark side.

Sorry, but then I don't see any difference between your suggestion and how it works currently, could you elaborate?

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

why does she need a special resource? works for nidus

Nidus uses the power of the growing, spreading Infestation to fuel his abilities.

It's flavorful and unique, while copying such a mechanic onto another Frame would be neither.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Sorry, but then I don't see any difference between your suggestion and how it works currently, could you elaborate?

Nidus uses the power of the growing, spreading Infestation to fuel his abilities.

It's flavorful and unique, while copying such a mechanic onto another Frame would be neither.

eclipse would benefit equinox much more because it wont be inconsistent like it is on mirage. pacify only effects enemies in its radius meaning too much range and your energy will drain from enemies you cannot see being in its radius while to little and you will get shot to death. there is still a chance of being shot to death from enemies not in its range anyway. its buff is unreliable. if night had eclipse's dark mode that buff would be 100% no matter the range and wouldnt need the ridiculous channel mechanic.

day side provoke. for anyone to be near it you have to spec max range so you dont have to be up their butts trying to maintain the buff on them.

if anything id make both pacify and provoke duration skills that puts a buff on her and her team for its duration as seen with roar and buffs like roar.

4 channel abilities are quite ridiculous in the first place and both buffs are unreliable. on top of all that there is no reason to play both sides in a mission, you chose one, and stay with it.

just because nidus has a resource that is unique to him doesnt mean she cant have one that is unique to herself. i didnt say she needed to have the same mechanics as him just that she could have her own special resource that promotes changing forms.

lastly i will say maim needs a range nerf. instant press death needs to disappear from this game. equinox DPS side can be DPS without deleting a room.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

9 hours ago, (PS4)AnthonyHawks said:

People don’t use equinox much because nobody wants to farm her. It has NOTHING to do with her kit.

4 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if anything id make both pacify and provoke duration skills that puts a buff on her and her team for its duration as seen with roar and buffs like roar.

You may have a point, making abilities more similar to each other would make balancing them easier and stuff.

Personally though, I think any change that makes Frames less distinct from one another is a mistake.
(Look at Nezha, he was more or less a discount Rhino with mobility gimmicks, now he feels more like his own Frame.)

4 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

4 channel abilities are quite ridiculous in the first place

That's a bit misleading, you're talking about just two abilities.

Also, she has only one proper "channelled" ability, Mend & Maim.

Pacify & Provoke is ... dunno, I like to call it a "conditional drain" ability.
Provoke only costs Energy per ability usage and Pacify only drains Energy based on enemies in range.
This means, like with e.g. Despoil, you won't run dry doing nothing and Energy regen will still affect you.

[BTW, speaking of uniqueness and stuff, let me be hypocritical and say that
I actually would very much like e.g. Link to work the same, it'd make me play Trin way more often.]

P&P being a toggle also allows for (again, IMO) interesting mechanics like the charge up on the Augment, yay.
(Which is not to say I'm happy with how literally painful it currently is to charge up Augment'd Pacify, mind you.)

Le 14/10/2018 à 09:25, NinjaZeku a dit :

There's already an augment for that and it works perfectly fine.

Having both night day effects on at the same time would be way too strong, sometimes you have to choose between salt and sugar.

OP adviced more damage on Equinox fourth, asking more damage for one of the most lethal frame in the entire game (without even having been primed yet) is really weird.

4 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

There's already an augment for that and it works perfectly fine.

It only works on Maim & Mend, first of all.

Second, it's a bandaid an "Augment" so it costs a Mod slot,
for something that should be a core feature of the Frame.

6 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

Having both night day effects on at the same time

Did anyone in this topic actually state they wanted that?

All I want is for the built up stacks to not disappear when switching forms.
Whether that means they get transformed or temporarily deactivated, either is fine.

1 minute ago, 000l000 said:

You just did.

... no?

Here's what I'm talking about:

Option A - Transform

Mission start.
Day form. Augment'd Provoke is active and has gained some stacks.
Switch to Night form. Pacify now doesn't start at 0 but gains the Provoke stacks instead.
Switch to Day form. Provoke now doesn't start at 0 but gains the Pacify stacks instead.
Etc.

Option B - Temporary Deactivation

Mission start.
Day form. Augment'd Provoke is active and has gained some stacks.
Switch to Night form. Pacify starts at 0, Provoke stacks are inactive but stored.
Switch to Day form. Provoke now doesn't start at 0 but gains the previous Provoke stacks instead, Pacify stacks are inactive but stored.
Etc.

Do you get it now?

On 2018-10-14 at 5:53 AM, (PS4)AnthonyHawks said:

Equinox is just a top-tier frame who just doesn't need any rework, even her augments are all very nice which is a very rare thing. Stop i don't want equinox to be nerf so stop.