Jump to content

Shouldn't Paracesis Cost Void Traces Instead of Ducats?


Showerwalker
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lore-wise being a "sentient slayer" and void being poison to sentients, shouldn't the sword be crafted with void-traces rather than baro's monopoly money?

I'm perfectly fine with the amount of resource it costs, and I've already crafted the sword.

but it makes more sense even value-wise, the process of acquiring either is the same, but spending ~150 plat equivalent of ducats on crafting a sword is a bit stretchy and wasteful considering you can get a warframe deluxe skin of similar value.

What do you guys think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't see an issue with this weapon. Using Lore to try and change crafting costs is an extreme straw-man. The 1,000 Ducats does not equate to Platinum. You may as well say "Primed mods cost 100 Platinum worth of Orokin cells from the market".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Catacomb said:

I agree. What good can the ducats do in the crafting process? I don't even think they are a physical tangible thing, but more like a virtual currency.

Unless we're somehow paying Baro to come and make a finishing touch to the sword???

Fingers crossed for a Prisma Paracesis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Showerwalker said:

but spending ~150 plat equivalent of ducats on crafting a sword is a bit stretchy

I don't know about you, but for me, I could of made 800p off of that amount of ducats.

What's further to worsen that, is that you need 5 forma in it just to get all of the mastery out of it, finish it's profile/codex entry, and get all of the affinity out of it. But it does have sentient slaying potential.

 

Edited by Alcatraz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In terms of logic, I guess you could throw void traces in as a substitute material. Again, I think it's DE testing the waters for other materials that could be used in crafting. They possibly may not do ducats again depending on the reception here.

On the other hand, there's very little point arguing value as everything in Warframe is essentially worthless. Even platinum is worthless. But I digress, I would agree with changing the ducat cost to void traces just because it sounds reasonable. But I can assure you lots of players will have their complaints regardless. Even if you made the sword free (like Umbra and Skiajati) there were still complaints on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I really don't see an issue with this weapon. Using Lore to try and change crafting costs is an extreme straw-man. The 1,000 Ducats does not equate to Platinum. You may as well say "Primed mods cost 100 Platinum worth of Orokin cells from the market".

Yes @Voltage platinum equate to ducats, prime junk trades & primed mod(which baro sells) trades exist and has been the most reliable and common way of earning plat, how that is linked to orokin cells, I don't know. In terms of lore, it is a quest item.

I see what you're trying to say. I'm not begging for change, I'm saying what is wrong with this, and I'm hoping it's constructive.

anyway, arguments for & against the crafting cost are welcome.

Edited by Showerwalker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is stupid using ducats. Then how are we noobs supposed to get the weapon?This sword is basically for veteran players with tons of ducats just laying around. This is quite unfair if you ask me. I haven't got all the primed mods and now you want me to waste 1000 ducats for a sword that probably doesn't do jack for you? Sorry I don't brown nose and I do spend money. This is a joke.

Edited by Sangra69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Sangra69 said:

This is stupid using ducats. Then how are we noobs supposed to get the weapon?This sword is basically for veteran players with tons of ducats just laying around. This is quite unfair if you ask me. I haven't got all the primed mods and now you want me to waste 1000 ducats for a sword that probably doesn't do jack for you? Sorry I don't brown nose and I do spend money. This is a joke.

I had exactly 0 ducats before I started working on the sword, and I still had stuff left to buy from baro, but I'm still working on getting it. It's not hard. 

As for why it uses ducats, perhaps we basically melt them down to make the gold accents on it. Which could also explain why get ducats from prime parts, melt spare parts down into ducats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

I imagine it's just using Prime Junk to craft this Orokin weapon... not actually the ducats themselves.

ducat kiosk just recycle and melt down stuff into ducats i can jsut imagine it being made of fang prime blades and tired together with paris prime strings 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I had exactly 0 ducats before I started working on the sword, and I still had stuff left to buy from baro, but I'm still working on getting it. It's not hard. 

As for why it uses ducats, perhaps we basically melt them down to make the gold accents on it. Which could also explain why get ducats from prime parts, melt spare parts down into ducats. 

Sure and I can tell you are a veteran. I am just a noob. I have seen the stats on this sword and it isn't worth my time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

I don't know about you, but for me, I could of made 800p off of that amount of ducats.

This statement is dumb. Ducats have no inherent plat value. You can't make plat from ducats and ducats and plat values don't scale with each other. 

Just because I could have sold 67 mag prime systems at 80p for 15 ducats a piece doesn't mean 1000 ducats suddenly equals 5360p.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Logic would dictate that traces would be required to craft a sentient slayer, yes.

Logic unfortunately isn't strong enough to make people aware that the trace cap is based on mastery rank.  Someone recommended 1000 traces... that would require at least mastery rank 20 just to craft the weapon.

Unless the trace cost is laughable, farming for ducats is the lesser of two evils.

Edited by Littleman88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...