Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to access Lua spy "treasure room"?

ZeroUnderscoreOu

Question

In Lua spy mission, there's a door locked by a memory puzzle in front of one of the data vaults. Behind that door, besides the vault, there's a locked side room with 2 entrances, with storage containers inside. How do you get into that room? I remember reading about that, on the wiki I think, but I can't find that now.

Lua_Spy_Treasure_Room.png

8 answers to this question

there's a spiderweb of paths through that Vault, experiment with switching between the past and present to access different pathways at different points of the Vault. :)
this Vault has about as many branching paths to get to the end Console as a choose your own adventure story does. :D

IIRC (been a while) after you open the door by completing the music puzzle, there is an explosive container that knocks down a column (don't remember which time frame you need to be in).  After knocking down the column, go through a time portal and the column should have knocked down the wall leading into the treasure room.  Once inside, you may have to find another portal to travel in time again to get to the containers.  Good luck.

On 2018-10-14 at 12:57 PM, taiiat said:

experiment with switching between the past and present to access different pathways at different points of the Vault. 🙂

Is that a hint or are you just assuming? I'm quite sure I've been in all surrounding rooms in all accessible times and still haven't found the passage.

11 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

IIRC (been a while) after you open the door by completing the music puzzle, there is an explosive container that knocks down a column (don't remember which time frame you need to be in).

That part (shooting explosive containers to knock down a column and blow up a door) is in the future. I have been in that room in the future, it doesn't have any containers or portals in it.

10 hours ago, Tipperty said:

You have to stand on the bulb shapes arranged in front of the door to match the panels that light up above the door like a Simon says game.  

You can see by the glow under the columns and on the panel that puzzle is already solved at the moment I made the screenshot.

Edited by ZeroUnderscoreOu

1 hour ago, ZeroUnderscoreOu said:

Is that a hint or are you just assuming? I'm quite sure I've been in all surrounding rooms in all accessible times and still haven't found the passage.

Orokin Moon Spy is my favorite Mission in the game, yes it's a hint. :)
the past/present portals are in a lot of places, and gives you multiple options through every section. on top of that you'll be using them to traverse obstacles between each time state.
i don't want to spoil it because it's such a masterpiece.

stick to the universal language of Video Games - if it flashes or glows, it's important in some way. it's either an indicator, something to avoid/dodge, or something to attack/interact with.

Edited by taiiat

On 2018-10-16 at 5:10 AM, taiiat said:

yes it's a hint. 🙂

I don't mean to be rude, but I asked this question to get a direct answer, as I already tried almost everything I could think of. But:

On 2018-10-15 at 4:16 PM, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

there is an explosive container that knocks down a column

turns out you were right. I'm still not entirely sure this is what you mean, as there are two columns which can be blown down, but there is indeed a container which I didn't notice. When it explodes, it opens a nearby portal and a rock flies through it to past and breaks the door. Thanks.

Now I have only containers in the vault room itself left. As far as I understand, they are behind white wall panels just on the sides of the room door, but I don't know how to break or move them. Maybe, they open up after button in a nearby room outside the vault (near entrance to the vault itself) is activated. But you need 2 players for that.

Edited by ZeroUnderscoreOu

1 hour ago, ZeroUnderscoreOu said:

Now I have only containers in the vault room itself left. As far as I understand, they are behind white wall panels just on the sides of the room door, but i don't know how to break or move them. Maybe, they open up after button in a nearby room outside the vault (near entrance to the vault itself) is activated. But you need 2 players for that.

I've found those panels to be on a timer when you first come to the vault in the past. If you deal with the falling rock first they'll be shut by the time you get into the actual vault room, but if you run in there first you can usually catch them.