all game modes should let you keep rewards when you fail

pig666eon

after playing the new elite alerts and seeing people willing to stay on longer has made it much more enjoyable to play with randoms, the fact that you keep what you have earned regardless of your death

most of my friends cant play most of the time and i rarely get to them high wave holy #*!% will we do this moments anymore because most people leave as soon as the option to leave comes up, so you spend 5 mins with 4 people then leave squad. twice yesterday with randoms we went as long as we could, it was really good and both times after the game we chatted about the last few mins having a laugh resulting in adding people for games in the future, this is the total opposite of any other mission out there

why is this? i reckon its because people get to keep what they have earned and the risk of losing a hours work completely isnt a factor anymore, sure you lose your pick ups but thats only a very small bonus to what your actually there for. the game is about seeing how far your build will go but you cant progress unless your banking the rewards so people want to do 5 mins and then leave because they dont want to lose their rewards, its not fun for me esp being at end game but if there was a fissure mission where the relics opened and the wave rewards stand even after mission failed i guarantee you that the games would be alot longer, the end game content is there but for public play people dont want to risk losing everything so nothing is ever challenging its all about getting that loot out asap esp for newer players

i do feel like if you have put in the effort and got rewards for it then you shouldnt lose everything, the risk is just too high and stopping people from wanting to gamble on the time they are putting in which makes most missions a level 30 wave 5 repetitive mess.... the same system should be brought in to the rest of the missions that you keep the rewards but lose your pickups when the missions fails, i do feel this would bring new life to the game esp for people at end game when you can jump in with randoms and go for high waves without running to the exit straight away. i know people already have that with a dedicated group but alot of people dont, i have groups but its fairly rare it would be great to have that most of the time when i play a mission

edit; to clear things up im not asking for handouts, if you earn a reward for completing the mission then you should be able to keep that regardless if you want to try and stay on to do the next 5 mins, if you dont earn a reward then you shouldnt get one for "free" and the mission is failed

Edited by pig666eon

People that fail should stay in spectator mode until the end

this is the only way to obtain the rewards etc that you earned

I hope indeed that Devs will smooth this out more ..

But then again .. its an challenge to stay in battle as long as you can

Loosing rewards is an terrible thing 😞 

So you should be rewarded even in failure? 

Do you also think we should be handing out "participation ribbions" to everyone in sports and stop keeping score? So everyone feels like they won?

If you fail, you lose and thats the point, you shouldnt be rewarded for losing. 

If you stay and succeed then you earned everything and rightfully so. 

I'll repost this since you marked the other thread as delete:

You failed mate, so why should you?

The only reason Arbies have this is because DE is well too aware of how easy it is for bull***t deaths to happen, and when you can't revive at all, it really would be a waste of time. But in normal play, with 4 revives, plus teammates to revive you, and maybe even your Sentinel, that excuse doesn't exist anymore. If with all that you still fail, well, you honestly don't deserve any rewards. Balance your risks, if it's too dangerous to stay in the mission at any point, leave if you want your rewards, or suffer the consequences of your bad decision.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

So you should be rewarded even in failure? 

Do you also think we should be handing out "participation ribbions" to everyone in sports and stop keeping score? So everyone feels like they won?

If you fail, you lose and thats the point, you shouldnt be rewarded for losing. 

If you stay and succeed then you earned everything and rightfully so. 

you clearly didnt read what i wrote, you shouldnt lose the rewards you have earned if you fail a mission without completing the objective then you get nothing obviously, but take survival for instance i have won the mission at the 5 min mark and have been rewarded, if i die at 42mins then i lose everything even tho i have completed what has been asked, so i havent failed ive just continued on playing past what was asked but on the 9th round we couldnt complete but we did for the previous 8 how is that losing?

see your trying to be smart here but there is no mode here giving away participation ribbons but why is someone who does 8 5 min runs rewarded the exact same as someone who does a 40 min run but assumes all the risk of doing so? reward teir also has nothing to do with it because if you want a certain relic you go by the level of the mission and not how long you want to go

no one wants to stay and succeed thats the issue because the risk isnt worth it  

28 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I'll repost this since you marked the other thread as delete:

You failed mate, so why should you?

The only reason Arbies have this is because DE is well too aware of how easy it is for bull***t deaths to happen, and when you can't revive at all, it really would be a waste of time. But in normal play, with 4 revives, plus teammates to revive you, and maybe even your Sentinel, that excuse doesn't exist anymore. If with all that you still fail, well, you honestly don't deserve any rewards. Balance your risks, if it's too dangerous to stay in the mission at any point, leave if you want your rewards, or suffer the consequences of your bad decision.

i get what your saying but why is 8 5 mins rounds of survival a better way of doing a 40min run on the same level? like what is 60 secs to find a new game when you could lose everything? you have aabcaabc there is zero incentive to go high in games resulting in alot of endgame runs never touched, so many posts about content drought but there is alot already there but people wont do it because the risk just isnt worth it esp when playing with randoms

Edited by pig666eon

vor 54 Minuten schrieb pig666eon:

...if there was a fissure mission where the relics opened...

We already get to keep the rewards from opened relics if we fail the mission?

This might not be true for missions like capture, but for endless missions this is the case already.

I think the main reason between Arbitrations and other gamemodes is this:

Most people only play Arbitrations for the new rewards and/or for the fun to see how long you can last.

Fissure Missions are also played to lvl gear, farm ressources, credits or affinity.

I dont think we should be able to keep everything if we die.

Edit: oops, this was supposed to get edited in my previous post, sry..

Edited by DreisterDino

il y a 3 minutes, pig666eon a dit :

i get what your saying but why is 8 5 mins rounds of survival a better way of doing a 40min run on the same level? like what is 60 secs to find a new game when you could lose everything? you have aabcaabc there is zero incentive to go high in games resulting in alot of endgame runs never touched, so many posts about content drought but there is alot already there but people wont do it because the risk just isnt worth it esp when playing with randoms

This is a very old problem. We've been asking for scaling reward for ages but DE seems to not like endurance run and want us to do more short mission instead. It was really showed with ESO, player were asking to be able to make true Santuary endurance run but DE said they wanted it to last around 20min max.

1 minute ago, DreisterDino said:

We already get to keep the rewards from opened relics if we fail the mission?

This might not be true for missions like capture, but for endless missions this is the case already.

I think the main reason between Arbitrations and other gamemodes is this:

Most people only play Arbitrations for the new rewards and/or for the fun to see how long you can last.

Fissure Missions are also played to lvl gear, farm ressources, credits or affinity.

I dont think we should be able to keep everything if we die.

Edit: oops, this was supposed to get edited in my previous post, sry..

as ive said above you should keep the rewards but lose the rest the exact same as they are doing it in the new mission

in endless fissures i didnt know about that, maybe because most of the time i lose items to host migration so i must have taught it was because of leaving not extracting, even so you dont get the rewards if you fail higher waves, i just think the new mode does it right and could bring better games to the table rather than 1 and done mentality to most games

7 minutes ago, pig666eon said:

If I'm not mistaken, there is an incentive to play fissure missions for longer. The boosters, and the free relics. For normal missions however, as you said, it's not worth it because the rewards are not worth it. However, if you still wanna play for longer, as I said before, you have to calculate your risks. If by 35 minutes you see that it's becoming very difficult to stay alive, then just leave. If you stay in the mission knowing that and die at 42 minutes, then I still say you caused your own loss and your poor decision doesn't need to be rewarded. You had all these options to keep your loot and you didn't take them... well, that's on you then.

1 hour ago, pig666eon said:

after playing the new elite alerts and seeing people willing to stay on longer has made it much more enjoyable to play with randoms, the fact that you keep what you have earned regardless of your death

And are you sure they're not staying longer because they haven't reach the first C rotation?

Considering that Elite Alerts have double-duration to reach a rotation, the time between rotations varies, no revives/bleed-out timers, and immunity drones, I can see why DE allow players to keep rewards should they pass a rotation after death; however, the other missions are not as unforgiving and/or "labor" intensive as them.

most people leave as soon as the option to leave comes up, so you spend 5 mins with 4 people then leave squad. twice yesterday with randoms we went as long as we could, it was really good and both times after the game we chatted about the last few mins having a laugh resulting in adding people for games in the future, this is the total opposite of any other mission out there

Because they got what they need in those 5 minutes.

How far did you guys go and in what mission?

why is this? i reckon its because people get to keep what they have earned and the risk of losing a hours work completely isnt a factor anymore, sure you lose your pick ups but thats only a very small bonus to what your actually there for. the game is about seeing how far your build will go but you cant progress unless your banking the rewards so people want to do 5 mins and then leave because they dont want to lose their rewards, its not fun for me esp being at end game but if there was a fissure mission where the relics opened and the wave rewards stand even after mission failed i guarantee you that the games would be alot longer, the end game content is there but for public play people dont want to risk losing everything so nothing is ever challenging its all about getting that loot out asap esp for newer playersion then you should be able to keep that regardless if you want to try and stay on to do the next 5 mins, if you dont earn a reward then you shouldnt get one for "free" and the mission is failed

That's why you get out as soon as you can. Those other missions you have teammates to revive you and/or revives to use. It is the player's fault should they squander them and not take precaution to prevent mission failure before extraction is available. Failure is a lesson to be prepare next time, to be better. Failure means nothing if the loss is minuscule. Those times I have failed missions, I took precaution the next time I went in:

• when leveling weapons on Hydron, bring one powerful weapon should players troll you by bailing out at the last minute
  • don't use frames I'm not confident about or even good at even with the boon the Elite Alerts gives
  • bring restore pads so you don't run out of resources and quickly restore health, etc.

Elite Alerts gets the pass because of how unforgiving it is compare to the lesser missions.

i do feel like if you have put in the effort and got rewards for it then you shouldnt lose everything, the risk is just too high and stopping people from wanting to gamble on the time they are putting in which makes most missions a level 30 wave 5 repetitive mess.... the same system should be brought in to the rest of the missions that you keep the rewards but lose your pickups when the missions fails, i do feel this would bring new life to the game esp for people at end game when you can jump in with randoms and go for high waves without running to the exit straight away. i know people already have that with a dedicated group but alot of people dont, i have groups but its fairly rare it would be great to have that most of the time when i play a mission

Losing the rewards is a wake up call that the effort you put was not enough, that either you should get better so that you can go higher or knowing your limits and calling quits because of infinite scaling difficulty. 

Edited by NekroArts

The failure rate in Warframe is abysmal low at only 2.5% for the last month. Clearly, this is a game well know for holding the hand of the players.

Now, they should also keep their rewards for a failed mission? Then why bother winning it when the last minute comes? The players might as well accept their fate peacefully, not like there is anything to lose *sarcasm*

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

5 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

plain an simply would cause many players just to farm an grind on missions they know the limits of how long they can stand in a mission an start going past it.
this would cause many players who will just go into a misison to find abit of rescoures an force the entire team to fail cause they cant wait to leave

Yeah, not caring about failure is the worst thing that could happen in Warframe. 

They stay longer because the whole thing takes longer. You keep your reward if you reach each wave end, but nothing else. "All" missions shouldn't be like that. Soon as they do anything for long-pained players, people want it for everyone. No.

absolutely not, keeping rewards from relics is one thing, keeping S#&$ after losing makes this game even more boring, no risk on anything, why would i mind dying in arbitrations if im getting my S#&$ anyway, if anything you should lose everything but relic rewards if you fail.

getting S#&$ after you lost its like playing a WoW raid wiping and then still geting to roll for loot. having a screen say "mission failure" and at the same time show a list full of rewards its so absurd.

Edited by Lisztomaniac