Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does one solo Stalker (Regular)?

Sohaya-

Question

3 minutes ago, (PS4)vidare said:

Stalker is always idle for a couple of seconds when he spawns in, mark him so he is easily tracked. Use operator, killed him many times just with the amp.

Soloing regular Stalker and using Operator are incompatible things.

Personally, I find a magnetize bubble to solve most Stalker problems in an instant. Keep in mind Stalker can dispel certain powers like invisibility.

Having a specific setup for the job would be tricky though unless using beacons, since the spawns are random.

As far as strategy... that will also depend a lot on the room/tileset he decides to show up in. Keep in mind the Dread's arrows fly in an arc.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)vidare said:

Stalker is always idle for a couple of seconds when he spawns in, mark him so he is easily tracked. Use operator, killed him many times just with the amp.

I DID say regular Stalker. I'm just on Saturn and he spawned in on Gabii when I was farming credits on solo. Also on Ayatan hunt. Let's just say I'm grateful he leaves after he kills.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I'd suggest finishing the Second Dream quest and unlocking your operator because he gets much easier with them around

And then he goes Shadow.

There is no real tactic to fighting him. Just try and mark him when he appears so you know where he is. Then parkour your buns off. Its been a while since I fought the regular stalker but he has a pattern to let you know what he is doing. Like a certain stance for a certain ability he is about to use. Let him use the ability (while behind cover) and then attack while he is recharging(?).

There's multiple ways to kill him, melee or high dps weapons like shotguns are what i've heard are the best. getting him to spawn is a whole other subject cause its all RNG, best way is to kill bosses multiple times to get marked, since his marks do stack. 

(note) ive killed him twice with the lesion, but once i didn't see him use his absorb ability cause for some reason hes invis all the time for me. also yet to try my hek with max rank pointblank, hell's chamber, and scattered justice.

Using a frame that doesn't rely on Dispellable abilities is good, but you can't predict when he will come so unless you're cool with bringing, say, Inaros or Mag to every mission, that's not a useful tip.

Always carry at least 1 strong weapon modded for Corrosive. Mark him when he appears so you can track him when he Smoke Screens. Run and jump a LOT. He can and will oneshot even mildly bulky frames. Keep distance if you can, alternatively close the gap so he tries to melee, but dodge.

Keep in mind assassins should never target you if your frame is below Rank 10. But it sounds like you would prefer to kill him rather than run.

And if he's still too tough, then get a better weapon or mods? Or complete the Second Dream for the much easier Shadow Stalker... but try to get a completed codex entry on Normal Stalker first.

If you have the guns for it, killing both normal and shadow stalker is not hard. He can actually be meleed to death with a sufficiently powerful sword or blasted to smthereens if you have a tigris P or something.

Stalker will stalk you more often when you use a low rank frame and weapons. So have 1 max rank weapon and low rank for the rest.

Stalker attack pattern is easily recognizable. Simply avoid his attack and use your weapon on him. Make sure that you’re not stand in 1 position for too long. Be a space ninja that hop around to create a distance between you and him

Also stalker can be cc so use slow nova, frost bubble, ivara sleep, excal blind, and many more. Use your melee when he is slow or unable to react

Keep moving. Strike from behind and when possible from above. Fight him on your terms you usually have time to pick a room to fight him in when you see the lights flicker pick a room that works best for you.

His attacks follow the same mechanics as yours so don't give him time to attack, so unless you are fast don't use snipers or charge weapons that fire on their own. Shotguns and beam weapons that you don't have to aim work best.

If you have to attack head on try to close the distance to just outside of melee range fast so that he can't shoot you with dread.

Always bring a friend, if you see that Stalker or a Kill Team is coming drop a Tenno Specter and make him fight two of you. Give the specter a shotgun or a machine gun you want lots of bullets hitting Stalker even if you spend the entire fight just dodging.

All else fails, just die. You will fight him dozens of times you don't have to kill him every time and eventually you will get all his weapons. As soon as he kills you he leaves so you can complete your mission in peace.

I don't think it's sensible to try solo the regular stalker unless you know you can do it or those tips above work, because the regular stalker should have all the same drops as shadow stalker. Just run Helios and scan him whenever he appears and after you've completed the codex entry do The War Within and then get a good amp. You will kill shadow stalker many times if you stay in this game so it's little use to farm the regular stalker.

3 hours ago, Elanair said:

I just use the Operator AMP these days, does the job fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

your operator's amp can kill him in less than 5 sec

(i use 444)

Regular stalker only appears before you even have access to operator. After you've gained access to your operator he is called "Shadow Stalker"

If he runs towards you, shoot him in the face and then jump over him when he's close. If he start casting something, just walk behind any wall or obstacle or even just walk left or right and he will miss. If he lets out the "bubble with lasers" thing that follows you, just walk around any obstacle - both the laser bubble and Stalker will always follow your footsteps around that obstacle so you can move backwards and keep firing.

Most things in this game can be killed by walking away in circles.

42 minutes ago, CyberPrimate said:

Regular stalker only appears before you even have access to operator. After you've gained access to your operator he is called "Shadow Stalker"

Shet, you're right. It's been a while and I actually forgot that our Operators never face normal Stalker. 😂

Hrmm... I recall the first time I killed him I used Galatine + Speed Volt.

With regular Stalker I recall reading that his Hate had lower damage than his Dread and Despair so sticking to melee and chopping him up might be your best bet. Just be careful, hit him fast and hard because he staggers with Hate if memory serves right.