Aren't drones limiting what you can play in Arbitrations?

a_fish.

Pretty much what the title says, I honestly gave up on trying warframes to play in that game mode, I'm only playing Rhino + arcane fury + scoliac with god riven to just beyblade around to kill the drones for 1 hour straight.

Warframe abilities can't damage them so the only choice you have is which unkillable warframe can you get (rhino, inaros, some healers) and as long as you have a whip with a good riven on it it doesn't even matter what primary or secondary weapon you get.

For example, yesterday there was a 300% volt damage buff on a corpus defense map, I was like "Oh damn this should be fun", since volt nuke build really does well on corpus enemies... 5 minutes in I was already in a coma of boredom because I forgot that you can't damage the drones, so I was just running around the map trying to find those stupid drones to kill them... left after the first rotation and haven't played the gamemode since.

The game mode becomes stale 1 hour into it and makes you never want to play it again (for me) because of those damn drones, it's not challenging nor fun to be a chopper rotor for 1 hour. I absolutely don't mind the big rotations and I'd love higher level enemies from Rotation A, but those drones really are a useless and stupidly annoying addition that doesn't bring any challenge or difficulty, to the game mode and only limits what players can use efficiently.

TL;DR For the love of god please remove those pointless drones that have no other purpose than to make players have an aneurysm while playing.

I don't think they need to be removed because not having them is arguably more boring because of ability spam.

But some changes absolutely need to happen, not having Weapon based abilities be affected for one, better visibility of the drone, perhaps a weakness or something for them.

E.g. Shooting an enemy affected by the drone deals a percentage of the blocked damage to the drone.

1 minute ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

They are fine. You just want to spam frame nukes all day. Go back to Hydron.

Only 2 viable frames with whips is fine? 80% of my missions had at least 3 rhinos/inaros in them, it's not fine. I can kill drones with my whip even if they are behind me, how is this fine?

Why should I bother picking another warframe and use weapons to aim at the drones risking getting killed in the process which I can pick a Rhino and spam E for 1 hour?

4 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

They are fine. You just want to spam frame nukes all day. Go back to Hydron.

The gamemode is a joke and the drones are the icing on the boredom

Use ANY of the meta setups and its a walk in the park
Its amprex, ignis, arca plasmor or lenz all day with spin2win melees and tank or pure cc frames

theyre fine. but yes they need changes some like taking status procs (other wise rip heavily status based weapons with low dmg) and a bigger model. the hit box might be a bit buggy since soooo many times i swear im shooting right at the drone with a sharpshooter weapon but its just not registering the hit.

and yea exalted weapons should definitely work on them

Edited by Ragingwasabi

Uh.. how about aiming and shooting them? You know, with your guns. Then do whatever you were about to do with your Warframe. Or am I missing something here?

And if you want to challenge yourself, bring a bow. Those cheeky little bastards can be quite elusive.

I managed to do decent with a 300% strength Volt and Saryn even if they aren't god-like as in ESO they're still viable IF you have someone who can take out the drones and here is where the beauty of the game comes in... you need to do something else besides ability spamming OR you need someone to focus on the drones which would involve a bare minimum of team work, isn't that great?! 😁

3 minutes ago, a_fish. said:

Only 2 viable frames with whips is fine? 80% of my missions had at least 3 rhinos/inaros in them, it's not fine. I can kill drones with my whip even if they are behind me, how is this fine?

Now see, the problem there is not the drones, it's the spin to win crap you're using but don't worry! That boring tactic will be removed with melee v3.0 and you'll need to find a new way of dealing with those pesky drones. Fun times!

Also I beg to differ regarding your statement that only two frames are viable, I played as a Volt, Saryn, Revenant and Loki and had no issues. With Loki i wasn't the one with the most damage but I did do my part which was to take out the drones so my nuking companions could do their job right.

Some changes and tweaks are required but overall I'm enjoying the game mode so far.

factually untrue. try to be more creative with your Warframe choices, you can use most of what's available just fine. and Kill the Arbitration Drones with whatever Weapon you like. the Drones are SUPER convenient because the Drones usually Kill all of the Enemies they were protecting. 

i don't even recommend using Rhino for Arbitration Missions because you really need to be using the optimal Ironclad Charge + Iron Shrapnel Loadout and <=1% of the Community knows about what that is or would ever use it.

20 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

ignis

you're joking, right? Ignis is a Weapon that purpose exists to stroll through low Level Non-Endless Missions. it has no place in high Level Missions whatsoever.
some of the other mentions are inefficient but atleast capable of dealing high Damage.

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, Elanair said:

Now see, the problem there is not the drones, it's the spin to win crap you're using but don't worry! That boring tactic will be removed with melee v3.0 and you'll need to find a new way of dealing with those pesky drones. Fun times!

The spin to win crap is still here and I still don't play the new game mode, I'm absolutely fine with picking any other melee, weapon or warframe as long as it's fun, but those drones are everything except fun.

When I was talking about viability I also meant efficiency, you absolutely can pick Khora here and double your mission time, but is that fun?

The only problem I have with them is the Anicent Healer Aura effecting them.

You cant shot the Ancient, damage and procs are negated.

I have to brute force through the Ancient's Aura.

Also... there seems to be a hitscan problem with them, I kept shooting them for a few seconds with a SOMA and Damage numbers poped up 3 or 5 times.

A good reach melee, Ignis/Wraith, Phantasma, Amprex, Arca Plasmor, Lenz and a whole bunch of other weapons make short work of them. The only time the drones are a bit annoying would be in infested missions where they might happen to hit the jackpot with an ancient healer buddy.

And as for frames, there are plenty of good choices for arbitrations and Rhino is deffinenty not the top one.

Had no trouble soloing 2 survivals and 1 defense using Gara.  Then was in a group last night and did a 40 wave defense with my Gara, Saryn, Trinity and Oberon, needless to say we could have went forever but we got tired after an hour or so.  I had my Gara splinter shield up to almost 2 million and just jumped into the drones with no trouble. They don't take that much damage to kill.

I look at the recommended Frames and weapons with the 300% bonus as a suggestion only.

Edited by Tallinframe

It's literally why I play Gara in Arbitrations. Splinter Storm destroys them instantly and her 4th nukes most enemies. She's OP in that mode. I expect her to get nerfed in that mode soon. Doesn't matter tho. I already milked it for everything I wanted.

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

So far those drones have not been a problem at all for me, not matter what of my frames I bring and what weapons I bring. I actually quite like them as they force people to observe, analyse and react, which is a quite rare thing in this game, so nice with something that actually adds challengence and I really hope we get these in other missions.

36 minutes ago, taiiat said:

The Drones are SUPER convenient because the Drones usually Kill all of the Enemies they were protecting.

They don't kill them straight away, they only deal a fracture of damage and cc them.(further testing required)

37 minutes ago, taiiat said:

You're joking, right? Ignis is a Weapon that purpose exists to stroll through low Level Non-Endless Missions. it has no place in high Level Missions whatsoever.
some of the other mentions are inefficient but atleast capable of dealing high Damage.

Speak for yourself. Some of the continuous weapons got incredibly good with the latest rework.

My ignis wraith can effectively kill them up to level 90 even without a riven and without running low on ammo.

-Improve visibility of the drone, hell maybe even put a marker on the damn thing since sometimes they can be entire tiles away from the group they're shielding

-Make them vulnerable to warframe abilities

-Make them take a percentage of the blocked damage from shielded enemies (this might be a bit broken since we can deal millions of damage to the enemies and even a fraction of that would blow the drone into dust)

These changes would all benefit arbitrations IMO. As it stands drones are more annoying than challenging. The gamemode in general is more annoying than challenging.

I play it with any frame and use mostly operator. Its makes you play a bit more, but Ive never been a button mashing hope for the best kinda player. Im noticing some of you just dont read or cant adapt to actually playing Warframe without your safety nets. Drop a specter, healer, moa or whatever and get to killing not to crying. 

1 hour ago, a_fish. said:

but those drones are everything except fun.

For you maybe not but for me? I certainly enjoy the drones since you actually have to pay attention and pick them out from within a crowd instead of shooting aimlessly with an AoE weapon (even if AoE weapons are still useful against them you still need to actively hunt the drones down) or spamming your abilities to kill them. It adds a bit of a 'challenge' and I use the word loosely since it hardly makes things more difficult in my honest opinion but it's still something that makes you be a bit more aware when considering how the rest of the missions in warframe are a snooze fest with one button nuke frames clearing the whole map or bayblade masters spinning around.

1 hour ago, a_fish. said:

When I was talking about viability I also meant efficiency, you absolutely can pick Khora here and double your mission time, but is that fun?

For some it is simply because the alternatives are boring one button map cleared or spin to win tactics. Some have fun by being efficient even if it means using boring tactics while others simply crave a challenge. I used a Loki with Astilla and Lato Vandal, didn't do as much as the rest of my team mates but I held my own by taking out the drones with my Lato Vandal and killing my fair share of mobs with the Astilla while having more fun than I did with my nuke Saryn in ESO.

Warframe has enough game modes where you can nuke whole maps at the press of a button, this is the first step in giving us something different, something that with enough tweaks and changes can give us a proper challenge where skill and aiming might actually be required in order to do good. Mind you, it's not there yet but I think it has potential.

Now if only they'd make the drones take reduced damage from AoE weapons, lets see how many can actually kill those drones without weapons such as Amprex or Ignis Wraith. 😈

I disagree.  It changes the play style for each mission type and that's a good thing.  I just got done with a 30 wave Defense Arbitration playing as Mag.  We had a Frost Prime, Nezha and Nidus and it went great.  Two of us died at wave 29 but Frost Prime and Nidus took us home.

And even though the drones can't be hurt by Magnetize, enemies in it's radius can't be pulled with Pull and it's unaffected by Polarize and Augmented Crush, it never seemed like a big deal to dive towards the drone and blast it with my Arca Plassmor.   It pulled me out of my comfort zone a bit, but I think that's a good thing for endgame material.  Which is what I think this is really all about.  People get too comfortable in their routine.

I was using Trinity/Arca Plasmor with her Link and Energy Siphon and the occasional group shield/health restore and she did great but with no CC I get bored pretty quick with Trinity.   

But I started experimenting with these new Mods that are dropping and they work really well for Arbitration.  I put Adaptation (when hit by any damage type gain 10% damage resistance to that type for 20 seconds.  stacks up to 90%) on Mag and its basically turned her into a tank.  That Mod protects shields too and multiple damage types can be resisted at the same time.

The other two Mods that I've gotten seem like they would be pretty good too.  Sharpshooter (gain 15 energy on a headshot) and Vigorous Swap (On equip gain +160% damage and 100% holster)  I tried Vigorous Swap and it worked really well.  The effect kicks in on melee too and the timer restarts each time you change weapons essentially making you a killing machine if you have a great set of weapons that compliment each other with different status types.  And sharpshooter can be used on frames that have abilities that use channeling so it'll never run out.

Along with the buffs for random frames/weapons I think it's great that they are encouraging different play styles and frames.

Edited by withinmyself
correct spelling.