Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis status chance

Kylezz

I mean, tbh, I’m kinda used to having that low Status Chance with Zaws already. It just means that with the Paracesis maybe Corrosive will be the better option to mod it for rather than Viral for what it’s worth with that base Status Chance. With Drifting Contact and 1 dual stat mod you can achieve 24% Status which is feasible imo.

Don't have it on console yet, though it doesn't look too bad I guess.  Crit is nice but most vets know crit is poo poo late level gameplay, status is where it's at.  But as many have noted, this is for killing Sentients, so thematically it makes sense. 

The wiki for Paracesis points a horrible trend though:
-Third highest base damage of all heavy blades, behind Galatine Prime and Gram Prime.
-Second highest critical chance of all heavy blades, behind Gram Prime.
-Tied with Gram Prime for the highest critical multiplier of all heavy blades.
-Like the Gram Prime,
 the weapon's slam attacks covers a large radius of 8 meters, with very high ragdolling force.

I can't see this weapon having a place in any vets arsenal as long as Gram Prime remains as is, though that's not always bad - it means Paracesis is a good "stepping stone" weapon in normal gameplay.   

All of that said, the Paracesis was clearly not designed for normal gameplay, it's mechanic with forma does in fact make it a monstrous Sentient killer - which right now is only useful on Lua, but when New War drops, I can see this weapon being the melee meta for Tau related content.  Since I don't have it yet, I'm unsure of how the damage bonus is applied (before or after mods) but either way that 60% boon should push it above Gram Prime - but only against Sentients.  Not to mention the extra mod points should make it more flexible for Umbra mods. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

On 2018-10-14 at 9:14 AM, DerGreif2 said:

Nothing to change here. Gram P. is OP and should be weaker. But it is not. /theend

uh excuse me? there's a great weapon, so nerf it? I'm missing the part where this is PvP and gram prime offers some competitive advantage. If you accept facts then I'd like to add a riven modded zaw polearm does half the damage but at 2 times the reach/4 times the area while gram prime also riven modded can do 2 to 3 times more damage but at a significantly slower swing speed and shorter reach. It averages out to hitting twice as hard, but the range you get from zaws still make it a more combat effective weapon. You're strictly looking at gram prime as a damage effective weapon, but in practice it is not as combat effective as say +365% range spin2win scoliac. Now why hasn't anyone nerfed that?

The complaints about weapons and frames because they arent what was hyoed always cracks me up. Usually the complaint stems from some one who isnt looking at the base damage. They try to make the weapon do what they want instead of what it was designed for. The Sonocor is a HUGE example. I love it. I modded it to amplify what the weapon IS, not what I want it to do and I am super pleased. Does need more forma so I can max the mods I have on it, but I have no issues going into a Uranus survial solo and doing 20-30 min with an unranked frome to level it and using ONLY the sonocor. No frame ability use, no primary weapon use, no melee weapon use. JUST the sonocor.

Max out what the weapon does before you add something else. I'm still in process of making this as Im still leveling the Galletine, Im willing to bet it will be a pretty good weapon.

To be honest, I don't really care that it's a 'Worse Gram Prime'. A 'worse Gram Prime' is still a hella good sword. Plus, it looks very appealing to me, and I personally enjoy and get use out of the 'slam them everywhere' mechanic, since the time they spend up in the sky is time I can spend either targeting the heavy they were in front of or slicing them out of the air.  It doesn't really need good status since, frankly the power and speed at which it crits with a Sacrifical build makes it well worth it.

On 2018-10-14 at 11:02 PM, JohnKable said:

That doesnt increase the low-average status chance. I never had capacity problem with weapons even without the 40levels gimmick.

If it has a low status chance means its a Crit weapon, that you choose to compare it to whatever the new prime weapon does is your choice but not one thqt means that it needs to have its stats changed.

Please, if anything Gram Prime is a lousier Paracesis. Gram Prime is so slow that even with Primed Fury it swings like a baseball bat in a water tank. Needing two speed mods/a riven to make it remotely usable is not a justification for OP, since you either give up primed reach or another damage mod.

Considering all crit melee draws their power from attack speed, actually, due to the buildup of the Combo Counter, the Paracesis gives results faster and with less chance of you being interrupted mid swing. Just don't waste a mod slot on Condition Overload. You don't need it to deal seven digit damage.

On 2018-10-14 at 3:19 PM, Zeclem said:

paracesis is better for a crit build. much better. 

How?

Gram has higher crit chance, same crit damage and higher base damage. Both can technically slot the same mods. Gram also benefits from 32% baseline status chance, meaning it isnt very hard to get massive slash procs into the mix aswell that also feeds of your crit.