Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis status chance

Kylezz

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

How?

Gram has higher crit chance, same crit damage and higher base damage. Both can technically slot the same mods. Gram also benefits from 32% baseline status chance, meaning it isnt very hard to get massive slash procs into the mix aswell that also feeds of your crit.

sacrifical mods.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

sacrifical mods.

Can fit them on Gram too, and it isnt worth using both, the crit gain isnt big enough to give up damage. Garm still wins due to the added slash procs that are fairly consistant, something Para wont have real access too. Pointless to cram out slightly higher crit from sacrificial mods when you already hit the higher crit levels with sacrifical steel and blood rush.

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Can fit them on Gram too, and it isnt worth using both, the crit gain isnt big enough to give up damage. Garm still wins due to the added slash procs that are fairly consistant, something Para wont have real access too. Pointless to cram out slightly higher crit from sacrificial mods when you already hit the higher crit levels with sacrifical steel and blood rush.

you wont fit them on gram for a pure crit build.

Honestly... I don't see the big deal. With the absolute monster damage at base it deals out, outside of the fringe portions where people go to stroke themselves, it handles awesomely. Just going off of some fetishistic need for "MOAR SLASH PROCS!" will not lead to a happy place once you realize that's all the game boils down to you. A slide-attack and a cookiecutter mod build. 

I don't have Gram Prime and when I finally do get it, It'll probably be in my "MR Fodder" bucket. It could be the most powerful thing in the game, but heavy blades aren't my thing and it just looks... bleh. 

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

you wont fit them on gram for a pure crit build.

That really doesnt matter because why would you go pure crit on Gram to begin with? It is a 32/32 weapon, so extremely easy to utilize both stats to near their fullest. Gram is already 22% status ahead of Para which means even if you cant go all out on a crit build, Gram will still outperform a pure crit build Para. The slash procs will overshoot the slight loss in critical stats by quite a bit while the corrosive procs will make it simply hit harder on things that take slightly longer to kill. Going pure crit on Gram is gimping it. When you sit there with two proper builds for each, Gram will be the better choice when you take everything into account.

My Kripath hybrid that has nowhere near the stats of Gram Prime already outperforms Para for normal fights (the only thing we really have now) and that is due to the status chance being far higher and more reliable. Para will be a better choice later on when (if) they introduce sentients as a more common enemy since it has +60% damage vs them and they are immune to status effects.

And this is really also just the question of adding Sac-pressure or not. The difference between the two weapons is minimal when it comes to the crit part. If Para slots 2xSac and Gram only uses Sac Steel, the differences is a whooping 5% crit chance. But Gram will have a higher basedamage from his P-Pressure mods that syncs well with the already higher status chance. So even with "pure" crit builds, Gram will be ahead because the 5% crit will not outperform 22% higher status and 27% higher base damage. With Blood Rush the crit difference increases slightly, but they will both be in the same "crit tier", Para will simply have a slightly higher chance to hit the next tier more often. But that is if you dont focus on the actual strengths of Gram Prime.

Am ‎15‎.‎10‎.‎2018 um 22:27 schrieb (PS4)lagrue:

I can't see this weapon having a place in any vets arsenal

It looks better than Gram Prime and has a higher Attack Speed, more blocking DR and the Ragdoll effect is stronger compared to Gram Prime. So for me its Paracesis > Gram Prime

At the moment Gram Prime is only treated as the "best" melee weapon because of its crazy strong riven disposition. Im expecting a reevaluation of the Riven dispositions coming with Melee 3.0

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

How?

Gram has higher crit chance, same crit damage and higher base damage. Both can technically slot the same mods. Gram also benefits from 32% baseline status chance, meaning it isnt very hard to get massive slash procs into the mix aswell that also feeds of your crit.

Then level it and move and keep your precious gram p till the next P melee weapon come along and topples it off its stubby perch for being slight better at doing whatever the gram p does

On 2018-10-14 at 4:38 PM, Ryuurik said:

I would prefer if that existing 12% Status chance is converted to Critical chance, making it 43% Critical chance and 0% status. (It wouldn't make Paracesis even OP if you compare stats with Gram prime. Increased Critical chance and zero Status Chance would also make more sense, since it's supposed to be "Ultimate sentient killer".)

Rather be converted to critical damage than chance, because you can already reach red crits easy enough with sacrificial mods you should be using because of sentients. At least on one of your builds.

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That really doesnt matter because why would you go pure crit on Gram to begin with? It is a 32/32 weapon, so extremely easy to utilize both stats to near their fullest. Gram is already 22% status ahead of Para which means even if you cant go all out on a crit build, Gram will still outperform a pure crit build Para. The slash procs will overshoot the slight loss in critical stats by quite a bit while the corrosive procs will make it simply hit harder on things that take slightly longer to kill. Going pure crit on Gram is gimping it. When you sit there with two proper builds for each, Gram will be the better choice when you take everything into account.

My Kripath hybrid that has nowhere near the stats of Gram Prime already outperforms Para for normal fights (the only thing we really have now) and that is due to the status chance being far higher and more reliable. Para will be a better choice later on when (if) they introduce sentients as a more common enemy since it has +60% damage vs them and they are immune to status effects.

And this is really also just the question of adding Sac-pressure or not. The difference between the two weapons is minimal when it comes to the crit part. If Para slots 2xSac and Gram only uses Sac Steel, the differences is a whooping 5% crit chance. But Gram will have a higher basedamage from his P-Pressure mods that syncs well with the already higher status chance. So even with "pure" crit builds, Gram will be ahead because the 5% crit will not outperform 22% higher status and 27% higher base damage. With Blood Rush the crit difference increases slightly, but they will both be in the same "crit tier", Para will simply have a slightly higher chance to hit the next tier more often. But that is if you dont focus on the actual strengths of Gram Prime.

it actually matters a fair bit because pure crit is a very powerful build on weapons that it works. and paracesis is one of those weapons.

and i manage to outkill my gram prime hybrid with my pure crit paracesis cus of several reasons.
1-gram prime isnt optimal for conditional overload with how slow it hits and how it kills the targets way before statuses really did anything.
2-corrosive procs arent that great either, cus you wont get enough of them to make a noticeable difference in killtime.
3-most stuff in game would die to a single hit from both weapons anyway, and paracesis just hits faster, making it kill faster too.

gram prime is no doubt a great weapon, but its not truly superior to paracesis in actual games content. its a sidegrade. 

7 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Then level it and move and keep your precious gram p till the next P melee weapon come along and topples it off its stubby perch for being slight better at doing whatever the gram p does

I usually dont hunt for specific weapons unless they feel great. Heavy Blades with Tempo just feels great.

2 hours ago, Zeclem said:

it actually matters a fair bit because pure crit is a very powerful build on weapons that it works. and paracesis is one of those weapons.

and i manage to outkill my gram prime hybrid with my pure crit paracesis cus of several reasons.
1-gram prime isnt optimal for conditional overload with how slow it hits and how it kills the targets way before statuses really did anything.
2-corrosive procs arent that great either, cus you wont get enough of them to make a noticeable difference in killtime.
3-most stuff in game would die to a single hit from both weapons anyway, and paracesis just hits faster, making it kill faster too.

gram prime is no doubt a great weapon, but its not truly superior to paracesis in actual games content. its a sidegrade. 

With the proper build on both they will perform roughly the same in 1HK content while Gram will outperform Para in longer fights that arent sentients. The slash stacks and corrosive procs will make that much of a difference if you play tougher content, especially if armor is involved.

So for me it will be Gram P or my trusty Zaw for most content and then Paracesis for sentient content later on.

Edited by SneakyErvin

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

With the proper build on both they will perform roughly the same in 1HK content while Gram will outperform Para in longer fights that arent sentients. The slash stacks and corrosive procs will make that much of a difference if you play tougher content, especially if armor is involved.

So for me it will be Gram P or my trusty Zaw for most content and then Paracesis for sentient content later on.

they wont perform the same when they are one hitting everything. para hits much faster and has slightly better reach.

and para with a crit build will perform similarly to a hybrid gram prime build on those difficulties as well tho, because procs is a rare thing on any weapon with gram primes attack speed and that build will be very, very slow to get its combo counter up as well. not to mention that in those content you'd be much better off being fast to avoid taking hits, which paracist provides. 

they wont perform the same when they are one hitting everything. para hits much faster and has slightly better reach.

and para with a crit build will perform similarly to a hybrid gram prime build on those difficulties as well tho, because procs is a rare thing on any weapon with gram primes attack speed and that build will be very, very slow to get its combo counter up as well. not to mention that in those content you'd be much better off being fast to avoid taking hits, which paracist provides. 

"Much faster" is a vast exaggeration. The speed difference is roughly 0.1 between them. Both follow the same basic speed template of heavy blades so the difference is minimal. Neither of them will be fast enough without speed mods and both will be fast enough with them.

The part about the reach is also an undocumented claim.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

"Much faster" is a vast exaggeration. The speed difference is roughly 0.1 between them. Both follow the same basic speed template of heavy blades so the difference is minimal. Neither of them will be fast enough without speed mods and both will be fast enough with them.

The part about the reach is also an undocumented claim.

that 0.1 difference grows expotentionally when you count in mods(and you wont have as many speed mods on a hybrid build compared to a pure crit build either). its not minimal at all. 

and lets be real here, how many times will you run those missions without falling asleep in this game? closest you can get to a high level is spawning level 155 stuff on simulacrum, which both weapons deal with similar efficiency in their respective builds. in actual game, getting to those levels is simply nothing more than a waiting game and if you actually go for that for whatever reason, you have better options than both of them anyway. 

that 0.1 difference grows expotentionally when you count in mods(and you wont have as many speed mods on a hybrid build compared to a pure crit build either). its not minimal at all. 

and lets be real here, how many times will you run those missions without falling asleep in this game? closest you can get to a high level is spawning level 155 stuff on simulacrum, which both weapons deal with similar efficiency in their respective builds. in actual game, getting to those levels is simply nothing more than a waiting game and if you actually go for that for whatever reason, you have better options than both of them anyway. 

There is the same chance to build for as much speed on both. As I said you need to make optimal builds for both before actually comparing their strengths. 0.1 is a very small difference even after mods. With +100% speed you are looking at 1.6 for gram and 1.835 or something for Paracesis. Most settle with either 55% from P.Fury or go with berserker or a riven.

And 1.6 speed is more than enough for consistant status procs in longer fights. You have to remember it is a hybrid, so the status procs are a bonus.