And the combo counter of Gram Prime was actually a bug not feature? How does DE design a weapon?

Marvelous_A

I thought the 2x combo limit was meant to balance out the exceptionally high stat of Gram Prime and turns out it was just "a bug".

Now it has the highest 32/32 and 2.6 multiplier among heavyblades, get full benefit from Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds (do you even need it given its 32% base status chance?)

All these while retaining its highest disposition.

Eh...just when I thought the balance of weapons in this game can't get more worse. What DE won't do for money in the future? Inb4 50/50 3.0x multiplier prime weapons.

What's worse, Galatine Prime which is a MR13 weapon, got only 20/20 and 2.0x multiplier and lowest possible disposition.

1 MR less and it got 12% less crit and status chance and 0.6x less multiplier.

From Galatine to Galatine Prime it has only 10% increase in crit chance and Gram Prime went from 15/15 to 32/32, more than a double.

On the other hand, Kronen Prime, the one just before Gram Prime, got a tiny buff from 5/20 to 12/24 and 1 more total damage. 

And Ohma, having the same MR requirement as Kronen (8), has 15/30, higher damage with moderately slower attack speed. And it's not even a prime weapon.

Why is DE doing this? If they want to make money they could have just made Kronen Prime OP too and they will also get lots of money from its riven.

However Kronen Prime turned out to be garbage tier as a prime melee weapon while Gram Prime has the most OP stat ever.

I just can't see a pattern in their design philosophy. Did they really think it through before giving the values or they just randomly write something in the excel sheet?

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Edited by Marvelous_A

• DE stated it was a bug the day Gram Prime was released, and even tried to fix it in multiple patches before the mainline (but failed).
  • When balancing a weapon I am pretty sure DE just sets a target MR and tries to fit it to that MR. There is no standard amount a weapon is upgraded.
  • You are forgetting about arguably the most important Melee stat, range.

17 minutes ago, DrBorris said:
  • DE stated it was a bug the day Gram Prime was released, and even tried to fix it in multiple patches before the mainline (but failed).
  • When balancing a weapon I am pretty sure DE just sets a target MR and tries to fit it to that MR. There is no standard amount a weapon is upgraded.
  • You are forgetting about arguably the most important Melee stat, range.

Gram is short only if you're comparing it to zaws. A brief test shows all 3 prime heavyblades have similar range or the difference is too small  to be noticeable, at least to me.

Zaws have another problem which they are always the best thing you can get in their corresponding category. But that's another story.

Gram is obviously overpowered given even Galatine is powerful enough to trivialize most content. There is simply no need for a even better Galatine Prime when the game offered exactly NO NEW CHALLENGES at all since the release of Galatine Prime. We simply get better weapons without getting harder content.

Edited by Marvelous_A

We knew about gram prime release for months. They revealed the weapon at the Tennocon.

When people already got expensive rivens for the next prime weapon with a dispo of 5 months before the release you can't really change the dispo as you like without consequences.

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

6 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

We knew about gram prime release for months. They revealed the weapon at the Tennocon.

When people already got expensive rivens for the next prime weapon with a dispo of 5 months before the release you can't really change the dispo as you like without consequences.

What consequences? You weren't there when DE changed Tonkor and Simulor and people raged over their trashed rivens were you? Or Castanas?

It happened and probably will happen in the future if it was DE. Don't know about the current [DE]A.

Anyway the problem of rivens are something else. Gram Prime has rather fundamental problems.

Edited by Marvelous_A

42 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

they just randomly write something in the excel sheet

This. That is why there is a saying that riven disposition will be changed... eventually. If you have play the game for long, you should know that DE doesn't have proper planning of the game, thus balancing always happened and most of the time it is slapping players in the face because of their 'don't know what to do properly' with their game.

Just like now the new mod gives lots of endo, a classic way of slapping players' face whom has stashes of endo to sell primed mods.

13 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

What consequences? You weren't there when DE changed Tonkor and Simulor and people raged over their trashed rivens were you? Or Castanas?

Anyway the problem of rivens are something else. Gram Prime has rather fundamental problems.

Were those rivens selled for thounsand of plats? The riven market has reached absurd prices, i see rivens selled for 10.000 / 20.000 plats. I think they are scared about a dispo change with those prices. Not saying "a dispo change can't happen!" but if they will change dispo of certain weapons the forum will burn, that's sure.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Were those rivens selled for thounsand of plats? The riven market has reached absurd prices, i see rivens selled for 10.000 / 20.000 plats. I think they are scared about a dispo change with those prices. Not saying "a dispo change can't happen!" but if they will change dispo of certain weapons the forum will burn.

Oh boy the price back then wasn't that high simply because we didn't have eidolons. An OK-ish Tonkor or Simulor riven went for 3k+ (and they always had lowest disposition since introduction of rivens i.e. the same value you see now) when rifle rivens were the only type of riven available. An unrolled/trash riven still went like 500~800 IIRC. After the change it dropped to 20p perhaps. Castanas also went from thousands to hardly 10p over 1 night.

Change of disposition never happen coz DE is lazy AF but the huge fall in prices did happen before, for several times.

Edited by Marvelous_A

a different combo counter would have been a strange intentional balancing point when they're currently working on ripping the guts out of the combo counter and putting something new in.

the melee rework always seems to be a mysterious time away and work in progress, but bits from it seem to keep slipping into the code on live builds; lot of people talking about both bizarrely slow movement while meleeing and some combos launching them ridiculous distances. It's clearly planned to be coming soon, at the least.

20 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Oh boy the price back then wasn't that high simply because we didn't have eidolons. An OK-ish Tonkor or Simulor riven went for 3k+ (and they always had lowest disposition since introduction of rivens i.e. the same value you see now) when rifle rivens were the only type of riven available. An unrolled/trash riven still went like 500~800 IIRC. After the change it dropped to 20p perhaps. Castanas also went from thousands to hardly 10p over 1 night.

Change of disposition never happen coz DE is lazy AF but the huge fall in prices did happen before, for several times.

Man how many high-demanded weapons with medium/max disposition we have now? Weapons for Eidolons a part (Lanka, Rubico, Vectis), there are weapons like Tiberon, Opticor, Amprex, Kohm, Arca Plasmor, Lato, Lenz ecc. ecc. so i don't think you can say people will just think "oh DE nerfed lots of weapons who were meta and used from the community and people paid thounsand of plats for a riven to use with, well np gg DE".

When DE will (finally) change the dispo (more than a year passed) the forum will burn. And i'll be like Michael, watching topics eating pop-corn.

mjpopcorn.gif

I thought the same at first, and it made sense to have 3 downsides (range, speed and combo counter) to make up for the huge stats, but turns out it's just 2.

Gram is very powerful no doubt, but range is still a big issue for many players that would prefer killing several enemies at once rather than hit very hard to just one or two. Gram Prime can deal with pretty much anything, but it's not gonna clear entire rooms for your as quickly as other weapons with better range.

And still, riven disposition "can" be changed. Someday...maybe.

Also btw, when it was bugged, after it was fixed from staying at a combo of 180 hits, it actually was able to go beyond 2x. It just takes a lot more. From my testing it was: 30 hits for 2x, 900 hits for 3x, 27.000 hits for 4x, and if it follows the same rule, it should've been 810.000 hits for 5x (the hits requirement for the next combo multiplier was the previous number multiplied by 30)

31 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Man how many high-demanded weapons with medium/max disposition we have now? Weapons for Eidolons a part (Lanka, Rubico, Vectis), there are weapons like Tiberon, Opticor, Amprex, Kohm, Arca Plasmor, Lato, Lenz ecc. ecc. so i don't think you can say people will just think "oh DE nerfed lots of weapons who were meta and used from the community and people paid thounsand of plats for a riven to use with, well np gg DE".

When DE will (finally) change the dispo (more than a year passed) the forum will burn. And i'll be like Michael, watching topics eating pop-corn.

mjpopcorn.gif

Ohhh I can't wait!!!!!