Daily Weapons and my sad story about them

Lynxvall

Hi I don't usually complain about warframe but when I do it's sometimes a good reason and personally... this is a good reason.

Daily Weapons. Should. Not. Take. Up. Slots.

I've had to sell my daily weapons before realising I will never get them back and now I want them back to complete a collection but I can't get them back, so there should be a way to get your weapons daily weapons back because I know you can't craft them and it's annoys the crap out of me that I will eventually have to sell more weapons that I like to keep special ones like, Prime, Prisma, Vandals, Wraiths, Dex and the Daily ones like Zenistar, Azima, Sigma & Octantis and Zenith. I mean hell, make it so that we have to buy a display case that costs 20 plat so that we can keep weapons like those I don't care I will let go of 20 plat to have them for good.

Just now, Azlen said:

And in that moment, OP realized the fatal flaw in his logic.

Yes alright, I see there is a bit of confusion about this, I mean you get a special rack which holds ALL of your uniques, like primes, the Lodestar series, Wraith series, etc. Otherwise I'd keep buying slots every two weapons and that is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive.

And a alternate rack which can hold special "appraised" weapons which are ones you pay like 10 plat or 100,000 credits, to get appraised by Barro so that you get to put them on the rack and then they don't take up weapon slots (it could also be a new method for weapon storage, buy a rack for 20 plat that hold 5 weapons and you can take them off and use them instead like a dressing room or something instead of MAGICALLY APPEARING WEAPONS! and warframe cryo-pods for each one you earn so you can do transference into them. 

Edited by Lynxvall

To get the first login-weapon, you have to logg into the game for 100 days.
You would think people know how to buy weapon slots by that time.
And you would think people know by then that you better keep a weapon you get from logins and just sell something, you can craft easily...

just farm up some plat bud we've all been there, 12-20 plat is really not a lot and nowadays you can make quite the buck out of a random riven

26 minutes ago, Lynxvall said:

make it so that we have to buy a display case

my god that is a brilliant idea for a new orbiter decoration, a custom weapon display case! needs a separate thread 

Edited by ZenDash

1 minute ago, Lynxvall said:

Yes alright, I see there is a bit of confusion about this, I mean you get a special rack which holds ALL of your uniques, like primes, the Lodestar series, Wraith series, etc

Ahh that makes more sense. I definitely get wanting to get weapons back, and 1-time loss mechanics in a collection-based game is a bit dumb. I think quests should be replayable for newfound blueprints of select 1-time quest reward weapons. And I believe there SHOULD be some way to get unique login stuff you've lost back as well. It could literally be dozens of expensive materials, something outlandishly crazy. But there just SHOULD be an option, somehow. Beyond the "contact support in x days". 
Now I've never sold a weapon, nor have I ever sacrificed one in a crafting component that wasn't a duplicate I made specifically for that purpose. I realized very early on that the biggest grind was for the plat to never run out of slots. The people who sell weapons baffle me. So many people chucked their Sicarus Prime's because it was a garbage gun at the time, then cried when they just made it infinitely better an very competitively usable now in comparison. To those people I have a simple warning: don't run the risk. Sell literally 1 mod on trade chat, and boom you got 2 new slots.

2 minutes ago, ZenDash said:

my god that is a brilliant idea for a new orbiter decoration, a custom weapon display case! needs a separate thread 

I still want it so once we've placed a Warframe Articula and selected its loadout, we could walk up and press X on it to essentially equip that loadout. Get that Iron Man suit room goin on.

Just now, Kialandi said:

What? They don't. You get them along with a free weapon slot.

Alright think about what I've said very very carefully, I'm not saying that they don't come with a free slot and like I didn't know that but I'm saying that "Uniques" should have a completely separate slot like Primes, Wraiths, Vandals, Loadstars, etc. They should not take up a slot because they are basically one time items, sure primes you can "earn" again but I don't want to sell them because they get vaulted and then I have a limited time to get them again and it's just alot of effort I don't want to put in.

1 hour ago, Lynxvall said:

Hi I don't usually complain about warframe but when I do it's sometimes a good reason and personally... this is a good reason.

I've had to sell my daily weapons before realising I will never get them back and now I want them back to complete a collection but I can't get them back, so there should be a way to get your weapons daily weapons back because I know you can't craft them and it's annoys the crap out of me that I will eventually have to sell more weapons that I like to keep special ones like, Prime, Prisma, Vandals, Wraiths, Dex and the Daily ones like Zenistar, Azima, Sigma & Octantis and Zenith. I mean hell, make it so that we have to buy a display case that costs 20 plat so that we can keep weapons like those I don't care I will let go of 20 plat to have them for good.

I disagree the only weapons that aren't worth to sell are the login weapons, primes and quest weapons. You should be able to make the decision that you don't want this weapon anymore and so you sell it and if you don't want to sell any weapon you get 2 weapon slots for 12p. Platinum isn't that hard to get, ~$5USD gives you 75 plat which can get you 12 weapon slots. Trading while i find it mind numbing, is an easy way to make platinum. Sell primed sets/parts, mods and Ayatan Sculptures are all profitable ways to earn platinum.

If you're lucky you might be able to get support to give the weapon back to you, though you'd need to have a free weapon slot i'd assume.

48 minutes ago, Lynxvall said:

Alright think about what I've said very very carefully, I'm not saying that they don't come with a free slot and like I didn't know that but I'm saying that "Uniques" should have a completely separate slot like Primes, Wraiths, Vandals, Loadstars, etc. They should not take up a slot because they are basically one time items, sure primes you can "earn" again but I don't want to sell them because they get vaulted and then I have a limited time to get them again and it's just alot of effort I don't want to put in.

I thought about it and I still don't understand your point.

Wraith, Vandal, Dex and Lodestar weapons come with their own slots, i.e. separate slots. They are not taking up any slots. The fact that you see them as potential weapon slots is kinda your problem.

A lot of different weapons take a lot of effort to get. For example Hema (research), Sibear, War (if you want to keep Broken-War), Brakk, Detron etc. Should they get unique slots? 

Also if something is farmable, it's not really unique anymore, is it?

Edited by Kialandi

1 hour ago, Lynxvall said:

Btw, the special weapons like login and event ones actually give you a free slot when they arrive. So it's even better than not taking up space at all. So, when it comes to selling them to free up that slot, the fact is that the slot you want to free would have never been there in the first place. Get it? Them not taking up any space would not be any advantage at all over what they do now.

Okay, one last time I will outline what I am trying to say stop giving us weapon slots that we eventually have to buy more (which is harder for people like me who are poor and can't purchase plat every now and again) so what I think should be added is a weapon rack so that we can store our special weapons that we can only get on rare occasions prime weapons may be an exception (though still kinda hard to get for us non-money people) so we wouldn't need to buy slots everytime we ran out because we didn't want to loose our specials like wraiths, vandals, loadstar, etc.

2 minutes ago, Lynxvall said:

Okay, one last time I will outline what I am trying to say stop giving us weapon slots that we eventually have to buy more (which is harder for people like me who are poor and can't purchase plat every now and again) so what I think should be added is a weapon rack so that we can store our special weapons that we can only get on rare occasions prime weapons may be an exception (though still kinda hard to get for us non-money people) so we wouldn't need to buy slots everytime we ran out because we didn't want to loose our specials like wraiths, vandals, loadstar, etc.

So... you're asking DE to remove the temptation to sell your unique weapons. That's... I dunno, man. I don't see a lot of use for that change. Especially since buying weapon slots is a major factor in the monetization of the game.

5 часов назад, WhiteMarker сказал:

To get the first login-weapon, you have to logg into the game for 100 days.
You would think people know how to buy weapon slots by that time.
And you would think people know by then that you better keep a weapon you get from logins and just sell something, you can craft easily...

Hey don't assume anything. This game doesn't explain a lot of things. I sold my Azima without even thinking. 

While I understand the idea the OP has, I don't think it should be up to DE to tell us what weapons are worth. If you get a free weapon/slot as a login reward or an event, then I think it's the players responcability to decide if it is worth keeping. It should be assumed that a weapon recived in that way is at the very least, hard to get. If  player has to sell a weapon to make room, then they should sell something they know they can easilyl build again, such as a weapon built from a blueprint they bought from the market instead of the fully build weapon they got for free and son't know how to get again. Players need to pay attention to what exactly they are doing when they make important decisions like that. You made the choice to sell those weapons, you weren't forced to. You did in fact, have a choice. You chose to sell something that you got for free, that you only had one of, that you didn't know if you could reobtain. It was a mistake for sure, but not an accident.

But I thought all the login weapons came with a slot and a potato baked in, so they already technically don't take up a slot.

Or has that changed?

Tho to be fair I think once you get a login milestone weapon it should become available for you to buy in the market either for plat or blueprint for credits. If for nothing more than to save Support the hassle of dealing with however many "Help I deleted my (insert milestone weapon)" tickets they have to deal with, I assume on a daily basis. 

Edited by Oreades

11 minutes ago, Oreades said:

But I thought all the login weapons came with a slot and a potato baked in, so they already technically don't take up a slot.

Or has that changed?

That isn't the OP's problem here. The problem is when he needs to make room for more weapons and decides to sell his login rewards in order to do so.

29 minutes ago, LordMazulia said:

That isn't the OP's problem here. The problem is when he needs to make room for more weapons and decides to sell his login rewards in order to do so.

No that is kinda the OPs problem. Functionally the Milestone weapons don't take up a slot by proxy of giving you a slot. The OPs issue is that they decided to leverage that "free" slot by deleting the weapon so they could use it for something else and regretting it later. 

There are only really three solutions for that short of not having done it.

1. Don't allow people to sell milestone weapons at all. 
  2. Let people buy them back from the Market once they have unlocked them the first time.

Edit: 

The issue with their suggestion of letting players buy essentially an infinite use storage vault is that functionally the weapon slots are a database tax. You pay plat for your account to take up more room on the DE servers. 

Edited by Oreades

22 hours ago, Oreades said:

No that is kinda the OPs problem. Functionally the Milestone weapons don't take up a slot by proxy of giving you a slot. The OPs issue is that they decided to leverage that "free" slot by deleting the weapon so they could use it for something else and regretting it later. 

There are only really three solutions for that short of not having done it.

1. Don't allow people to sell milestone weapons at all. 
  2. Let people buy them back from the Market once they have unlocked them the first time.

Edit: 

The issue with their suggestion of letting players buy essentially an infinite use storage vault is that functionally the weapon slots are a database tax. You pay plat for your account to take up more room on the DE servers. 

Okay, now you guys are really taking this out of context and basically calling me stupid, so what I've said and I will say this thousands of times if I need to, I can not buy weapon slots every single god damn time, I'm high level so I've leveled nearly all the basic builds so I don't have them anymore and I have prime weapons, lodestar weapons and the really expensive, time consuming, hard to make weapons, so what I suggest is either 3 options, make it so we can't sell daily weapons to stop accidents from happening, make it so we can buy them off the market once unlocked, add a storage system for UNIQUE weapons like vandals, wraiths, prisma and lodestar which is unlimited but ONLY for those. P.S: I'm poor, I can't affoard plat so I can't buy slots every god damn day like you guys can, and yes technically they do not take up a slot but it still means I might not have any more open spaces

14 hours ago, Lynxvall said:

P.S: I'm poor, I can't affoard plat so I can't buy slots every god damn day like you guys can

Thankfully there is a solution for people that can'f afford plat: Trading!
Do some prime part grinding and sell to players!  Doesn't even need to be the rare stuff as you can usually do a "5 prime trash for 5 plat!" trade where people will buy 5 common prime items to turn into ducats.  Do that 3 times and you can buy 2 more weapon slots.

Or grind for the new mods.  They are selling right now and you can get plat that way.

Or grind for ayatan sculptures and sell them.  They may not sell for much but people are willing to pay plat for endo.

Or try to get a few rivens from the sortie and sell them.  Even unveiled rivens can sell for some plat.

There are a few things you can grind up and sell, it just takes time and you won't spend a dime of your own money.

14 hours ago, Lynxvall said:

add a storage system for UNIQUE weapons like vandals, wraiths, prisma and lodestar which is unlimited but ONLY for those.

I wouldn't really call them unique, outside of the login weapons, as Baro brings them around and you can buy multiples of them when hes here and turn around and sell them a few weeks/months down the line for a tidy amount of plat.

Bottom line is though that if you want more weapons/frames then find a way to pay for them.
You're basically buying some DB space on DEs servers when you buy slots.  Its DEs way to prevent every free player from grabbing up thousands of slots and filling their database up, as well as a plat sink and a way for DE to make money.

15 hours ago, Lynxvall said:

P.S: I'm poor, I can't affoard plat so I can't buy slots every god damn day like you guys can, and yes technically they do not take up a slot but it still means I might not have any more open spaces

If THIS is your problem, then your suggestion will not fix it.

Your problem is not having the money to buy extra slots. If unique weapons didn't take up a slot, they wouldn't give you an extra slot, and you'd STILL be in need of a weapon slot and have to sell something.

I understand your frustrations but if you legitimately think this is a problem in need of fixing (I don't think it is but that's your opinion so w/e), then you should suggest a solution that would actually help.

I actually like you suggestion as a decoration instead of as a storage system, but whatever.

Edited by Xenotater
Rewording