Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo sortie 3 rescue on Lua requires luck?

(PSN)xtharbadx

Question

I usually do sorties solo ( just a personal preference, don't ask ).

I rarely run into any issues, but this Lua rescue mission on Pavlov is extremely annoying because basically requires the player to depend on RNG to get lucky and hit the right hacking console on the first 1-2 attempts. I've done this some sortie solo before, sometimes I get lucky, others not so much.

If the rescue target happens to be on the 3-4 consoles, there's just not enough time to hack, travel through the portal, come back again, and repeat this 3-4 times.

Is there any special trick that can be used to do this without relying on luck alone?

This seems to be the only rescue mission where this is a issue, all the other rescue missions are fine AFAIK.

( meanwhile I will keep trying and will eventually get lucky, but next time rather not depend on luck if there are other options )

9 answers to this question

Honestly, I don't even do that one. I tried it a few times when they first started but the randomness of it was off putting. I even prefer doing the Kuva Fortress rescue to that one. The only 'sure' way to know you get the right console on the first try is to go with three other people. That defeats the purpose of doing it solo though.

Be faster? I've done this solo with zephyr, khora, exaclibur and a few other frames, and I could always hack all consoles, when necessary.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

If the rescue target happens to be on the 3-4 consoles, there's just not enough time to hack, travel through the portal, come back again, and repeat this 3-4 times.

There's your mistake. You should only travel thru the portal if you hear the rescue target scream for help.

2 minutes ago, DangerHobo said:

I've had others in pubs say "don't hack." So we sat there and failed the mission.

In sorties, rescue mission always trigger the alarm after enter in the room, but if the target not free himself after 20 sec rush to the terminals...