MR weapon suggestions?

(XBOX)KayAitch

Question

4I'm about 9 months in and close to MR18 - coming late to the game means I've gone straight for the great weapons. 

There a still a lot left to get to me to MR25, but none of them look worthwhile. I know I'm going to have to get, grind and chuck all of them eventually, but I'd rather start with the more interesting ones.

So I'm looking for recommendations for the diamonds buried in the MR fodder - not objectively great weapons, but overlooked ones that are still fun (or at least interesting) to level.

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

4I'm about 9 months in and close to MR18 - coming late to the game means I've gone straight for the great weapons. 

There a still a lot left to get to me to MR25, but none of them look worthwhile. I know I'm going to have to get, grind and chuck all of them eventually, but I'd rather start with the more interesting ones.

So I'm looking for recommendations for the diamonds buried in the MR fodder - not objectively great weapons, but overlooked ones that are still fun (or at least interesting) to level.

First things first- what do you not have?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (XB1)KayAitch:

Snip

Plague zaws (plage star should come to consoles pretty soon too)

It's not essencially overlooked per se but definitly pretty easy to overlook. Only built mine recently too beeing a melee main and man, let me tell you... those melee weapons are close to beein broken.

On 2018-10-14 at 10:52 PM, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

First things first- what do you not have?

That's a very long list.

I don't have all the MK1 that I didn't start with, all the guns you can buy already built for credits, about 10 of the dual swords (I got prisma dual cleaver, twin krokor and dual ichor with a decent riven, I haven't bothered with the rest). I worked through most of the star chart with bo>tipedo>lesion and hek+syndicate mod, so I skipped most of the other weapons between MR4 and 8.

I don't have most of the Infested clan tech, because mutagen samples, and only have a few Tenno clan tech weapons, because most of them seem to be very mediocre melee weapons, at least looking at the stats.

I do have most of the 'meta' weapons - most of the current primes; some decent Zaws, including plague strikes; left side syndicate weapons; most the clan tech Corpus or Grineer stuff; the Dex event weapons; and a couple of Baro randoms like the Mara Settings, Prisma Gremlins and Prisma Cleavers.

On 2018-10-15 at 9:30 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

Many of the infested weapons have interesting gimmicks you might want to see. 

They do, but are very grindy to get thanks to the rareness of mutagen samples - and recommendations where to start? I have the Synapse, Dual Toxocyst, Dual Icho, Torid and Pox, but not most of the rest.

On 2018-10-15 at 12:27 AM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Plague zaws (plage star should come to consoles pretty soon too)

Already got some, I'm going to be grinding exoidia blueprints this time around 🙂