Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New weapon idea Rifle/Halberd, maybe new class of weapon

(XBOX)WrathfulComa

just think of your self side by side with other Tenno in a med evil line battle, you wouldn't want to swing a big heavy battle axe at the enemy, that would expose you for too long,  but if you swag to your self catching an enemy/ hopfuling in the proses, you could retreat back into formation very fast and with a kill.
that what the axe head on the Halberd was most likely used for. but could be swung around like an axe or a normal polearm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Am a bit confused on where, exactly, it'd sit in terms of arsenals. Intuitively, it feels like it wants to be a melee focused weapon akin to gunblades (gunstaves?), but they don't usually have a clip or reload. That might be something to take out, make them more like 2 handed Gunblades. With Melee 3.0 on the way, the firing mode being delegated to an "alt attack" might be really smooth and exceptionally useful, especially if you can whack a target around with melee attacks to stack status and combo for a CO build, then blast them with the rifle attack.

I do like the idea, though. Not just as a weapon on its own but a new class of weapon that serves as a Glaive / Gunblade / Polearm sort of hybrid. Feels like there's some healthy potential.

P.S. as far as this particular weapon goes, the blade mode does feel a bit overkill at 20% crit / 40% status. For the clear aim toward status on the melee, I'd aim more toward 10-14% crit and maybe 32-35% status. Same for the gun mode: the crit chance is OK, but the status chance should probably be half that—or less!—for the crit potential you're getting. I'd also drop the multiplier to somewhere around 2.5-3x: 4x or more is a bit too much for base weapon stats. Don't forget the means by which we can boost the crit and status chances on melee things (Blood Rush, e.g.) that can take those base stats and really crank them skyward.

Edited by Tyreaus

changed some thing, also what do you think about it being able to increase the damage for the gun part after you done some combos with the melee, I think that would work very well with blood rush, it would start off as a low % but you can make it bigger by adding mods. what you think ?

5 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

Am a bit confused on where, exactly, it'd sit in terms of arsenals. Intuitively, it feels like it wants to be a melee focused weapon akin to gunblades (gunstaves?), but they don't usually have a clip or reload. That might be something to take out, make them more like 2 handed Gunblades. With Melee 3.0 on the way, the firing mode being delegated to an "alt attack" might be really smooth and exceptionally useful, especially if you can whack a target around with melee attacks to stack status and combo for a CO build, then blast them with the rifle attack.

I do like the idea, though. Not just as a weapon on its own but a new class of weapon that serves as a Glaive / Gunblade / Polearm sort of hybrid. Feels like there's some healthy potential.

P.S. as far as this particular weapon goes, the blade mode does feel a bit overkill at 20% crit / 40% status. For the clear aim toward status on the melee, I'd aim more toward 10-14% crit and maybe 32-35% status. Same for the gun mode: the crit chance is OK, but the status chance should probably be half that—or less!—for the crit potential you're getting. I'd also drop the multiplier to somewhere around 2.5-3x: 4x or more is a bit too much for base weapon stats. Don't forget the means by which we can boost the crit and status chances on melee things (Blood Rush, e.g.) that can take those base stats and really crank them skyward.

1 hour ago, (XB1)WrathfulComa said:

changed some thing, also what do you think about it being able to increase the damage for the gun part after you done some combos with the melee, I think that would work very well with blood rush, it would start off as a low % but you can make it bigger by adding mods. what you think ?

Stats look much better, I think.

As for increasing damage on the gun for melee attacks, I feel like we're already getting that with Melee 3.0: the combo counter is, supposedly, applied to heavy / charge attacks, which I'm sure the gun would be classified as. You could do the opposite, though: make gun attacks boost the melee attacks for a time. Incentivizes using both, right?

Just a thought.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)WrathfulComa said:

what should I make it ?

If it's slow (especially that ridiculously slow), more crit chance is needed so that Berserker can compensate

If It has low crit, high speed is optimal for quickly dishing out damage and status procs

This one has the slowest attack speed of literally every melee weapon in Warframe and has awful crit stats.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

If it's slow (especially that ridiculously slow), more crit chance is needed so that Berserker can compensate

If It has low crit, high speed is optimal for quickly dishing out damage and status procs

This one has the slowest attack speed of literally every melee weapon in Warframe and has awful crit stats.

iv seen lower and a weapon that has this speed before but anyway, Iv made it faster just by a bit and a but more crit