Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I haven't used heavy melee since a while but...

Otakuwolf

...Did Heavy melee weapons get nerfed ? I don't remember ever being able to be interrupted while swinging a heavy blade until i picked up the Paracesis, but if so... why ? That was kinda the tradeoff with heavy melees (or at least should be): you cannot be interrupted but you also cannot stop swinging.

whether you're resistant (or entirely immune) to being interrupted on your Melee Swing is on a per Weapon basis, as well as depending on what part of a Stance Animation string you may be in (if a part of an Animation string makes you invulnerable to being interrupted).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by taiiat

I imagine there's a stat (probably hidden) determining the stun resistance of using a weapon though maybe you were hit with an extremely short term proc without realizing it? Ive done research on some different types and they seem to involve things that could easily interrupt an attack though im still newish to the game so maybe not

I've also seen some people who think that it's part of melee 3.0 changes slipping in accidentally, much like the apparent sudden changes to melee movement and some control issues with trying to channel while running. If animations become cancellable, a lot more of them will also likely become interruptible.

Edited by OvisCaedo

• 2 weeks later...

NO, Heavy melee does got re-tarded and this is absolutely absurd. Heavy melee even galatine with Berserker mod, before even just 1 swing time to hold right click to block still too slow.

Now this is what I don't get it and I also posted a topic but it seem doesn't get really concerned. When heavy melee got that nerf how the hell can it be use ? especially to the infested or grineer. If they nerf it like that then they should have increase more atk speeed for the weapons. Now basically all heavy melee weapon are not fit for enemies can do CC just technically any type.

Even with immunity to most off CC when performing a strike with heavy weapon it's already been a risk. Now no longer immune to CC make heavy melee become more and more => only use to block dmg.... fffffftttt WHAT THE F*CK.

Hopefully stun / knockdown resistance will be more transparent with melee 3.0, for both us and enemies. I hate some CC skills not interrupting enemy actions but others do, since there is no indication other than testing to tell what works on what.

for players, It's always been on a per-weapon per-animation basis, which is weird. 

Regardless, for now, there are mods for that. And barring that, blocking has always prevented knockdown. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just heavy weapons that have momentum busted. Every combo with every stance on every weapon I have has no knockdown immunity right now.

War, Nikana Prime, Bo Prime, Tonbo, Endura, and so on.

It's even universally busted on slam attacks, all of which used to have knockdown immunity.

It's almost certainly part of the melee 3.0 changes. It came along with update that made an overhaul to melee weapon sounds and increased movement range on every stance combo.

Honestly though, I'm happy to see it go. The momentum mechanic along with Life Strike and Quick Thinking was brain dead, and at the same time broke any real sense of tension, in knowing you could just pull out your win button at any time.

I just hope they replace it with something fun that's still effective. And although I have some high hopes, with DE seemingly not really getting how meta works....I'll count those chickens when they hatch.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed this the last few months. Momentum is effectively gone from heavy blades. Scorpions and Ancients are able to grab you mid swing and mod combo. Damn annoying in ESO considering how many of those enemies spawn there, especially later levels. Most if not all enemy knockdown effects will interrupt you no matter what.