Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New heavy Sword Slam

Jeancly

Sooo with the Gram Prime and the Paracesis we got a new slam attack that makes the enemies jump into the air... well can this be fixed? I mean if it is supposed to be a feature it's a bad one... a terrible one, They are propelled so high that you continue to swing, go under them and they fall behind you, still alive, it's extremely annoying. I think MCGamer mentioned it too. I like the idea of " incapacitate them " with the slam, but then make the " jump " only 1 meter high, not 3/4 or make them suspended like rhino roar, something, just don't make them ragdoll so high making it much harder to kill. it's quite unnerving. Also this pretty much makes the block combo of tempo royale unusable. 

EDIT: ok so it seems it doers not always happen with Gram Prime, it does though with Paracesis

Edited by Jeancly

Just now, Firetempest said:

Haven't seen the slam myself yet. But they are making air combos with melee 3.0 I believe and some weapons designed for 3.0 before it's out is the cart before the horse so... Maybe why it does so is to force the new mechanics when it's out.

still annoying, it's not DMC where you hit them, throw them in air and hit them in air, in this game you go forward as you hit them, and this stupid thing where they jump over your head is too annoying really.

9 minutes ago, Jeancly said:

still annoying, it's not DMC where you hit them, throw them in air and hit them in air, in this game you go forward as you hit them, and this stupid thing where they jump over your head is too annoying really.

"devil trigger" - check (with melee 3.0)

launchers - check

aerial combat - check

Are you sure about that?

9 minutes ago, Jeancly said:

I dunno, I've done that a few times using the sword, so it's not impossible. It's pretty fun. Although, I think there should be a small amount of enemy magnetism with air combat to make it easier. It's inconsistent right now in a lot of cases. Plus, there's hitting the drones with melee which is pretty much the same experience as swatting a mosquito.

3 minutes ago, Dante102 said:

"devil trigger" - check (with melee 3.0)

launchers - check

aerial combat - check

Are you sure about that?

They were originally gonna go with a full-on DMC-style combat system IIRC, but they decided against it since the complex, single-target combos didn't mesh well with Warframes free-form, horde gameplay. Though, as you've pointed out, they've clearly still taken some details :tongue:.

To be honest, Paracesis is meant to be used againist sentients, where it is stronger than any other sword. You won't notice any sentients flying around after the slam. And if used againist other factions, Galatine Prime and Gram Prime are a better choice.

7 hours ago, Dante102 said:

To be honest, Paracesis is meant to be used againist sentients, where it is stronger than any other sword. You won't notice any sentients flying around after the slam. And if used againist other factions, Galatine Prime and Gram Prime are a better choice.

well this does not mean though that it must be tedious to use against other enemies, especially now where you don't even have any sentients to fight XD

On 2018-10-15 at 9:14 AM, Jeancly said:

well this does not mean though that it must be tedious to use against other enemies, especially now where you don't even have any sentients to fight XD

I think you can work with that. What if you could launch a dargyn pilot into the air with paracesis to complete the "Kill N dargyns before they hit the ground" riven? This could work, but someone gotta check that. 

As for the "no sentients to fight", there are quite some sentients on Lua, they are easy to find when you're farming War of Vengeful Revenant. (at least they were, right now the oculysts never spawn for some reason).

IMO, this huge slam is one of the things that make this sword stand out from the others. The only problem i have with it is how its slam, while creating a huge energy wave, leaving a nice crack on the ground and launching enemies in the air, just doesn't damage them much. Would be sick if enemies affected by ground slam wave, contributed to the combo counter.

Just my 2cents.

I mentioned I've cut enemies out of the sky a 'few times' using this mechanic.

It's now become a habit of mine. It's really easy once you get the hang of it. It's got to the point where I've chained a Slam into an aerial attack into another slam on top of another enemy.

I recommend trying it.

ths isnt the first time a weapon has been given a slam like this 

when the new weapon switch comes in where you can press e to switch to melee then shoot to swap back to your weapon knocked up grineer for some skeet shooting swing again