Enemy spawns might need another look after the patch.

TotallyLagging

After the recent update enemy seems to spawn way slower than usual. It's always been bad on certain missions or tiles, like Lua Defense or Uranus Defense, but now it seems that everything spawns slower. Other users are experiencing the same thing. 

It could be a bug, but on the off chance it isn't I'd still ask DE to take another look because Arbitration missions that aren't interception are just completely horrendous to play.

• Defense take way longer than it should be because enemies spawn super slowly. Based off the Arbitration reward, 10 waves of defense is equal to 10 mins of survival, and yet depending on the tileset 10 waves of defense can easily take 15-20 mins, with some especially terrible tiles like Uranus and Lua taking 25+.
  • Survival is just you choking to death with no real chance to get back up because there's simply not enough spawn (unless you camp, but I thought DE hated 'passive gameplay').
  • Excavation is probably the worst along with Survival. Those damn power carriers just don't spawn. Ever. It's kinda BS.
  • You actually somewhat benefit from the lack of enemy spawns in Defection, but honestly, playing Defection itself is already a punishment due to how dumb the defectors are.
  • Haven't tried Infested Salvage yet, but if it's also affected it's gonna be a pain too since you rely on enemy spawns for antiserum drops.

And all of these is with 4 players with at least a single Nekros. On solo you might as well not even try. It took me more than 5 minutes to do one extractor solo in Arbitration excav because nothing spawns. I had to stand there for 30 seconds before a single squad of random Crewmen spawns and then I had to wait another 30 seconds hoping the next wave has a battery carrier.

Outside of arbitration, missions like fissures and exterminates are also affected. While grinding my Paracesis in Adaro I had to go back and forth because by the time I reach extraction there's still 50 enemies left even though I killed everything in sight.

Edited by TotallyLagging

12 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

Excavation is probably the worst along with Survival. Those damn power carriers just don't spawn. Ever. It's kinda BS.

This is (annoyingly) nothing new. Power carriers, for god knows what reason, stop spawning after a while. Which is a pity, because Excavation is otherwise one of the more legitimately challenging Arbitrations since you have to juggle three activities, and thus you being an unstoppable powerhouse can no longer guarantee success. Kind of like how Superman in Justice League stories always needs to take the heavy hits because he's the only one who can take it.

Yeah, Excavation isn't really any different because it has never not been awful, but the other modes sucking just as much as Excavation always did is definitely new.

Earlier this weekend I did an otherwise-completely-normal Exterminate that for some reason had a good 700 meters of empty tiles in the middle of the mission.  Something's gone wacky with enemy spawning.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

This is (annoyingly) nothing new. Power carriers, for god knows what reason, stop spawning after a while. Which is a pity, because Excavation is otherwise one of the more legitimately challenging Arbitrations since you have to juggle three activities, and thus you being an unstoppable powerhouse can no longer guarantee success. Kind of like how Superman in Justice League stories always needs to take the heavy hits because he's the only one who can take it.

Yeah, though I've personally only experienced that on solo. Spawns with 4 players were always fine for me for some reason until recently.

I was trying to run a simple lith exterminate for some relics on earth yesterday. Out of eight runs, four of them did not have a single enemy spawn until the extraction tile, and three didn't until halfway through. One bugged out SO badly that upon loading in the game informed me I had killed negative ten out of the necessary negative ten enemies and that I was clear to extract.

also out of like, fifteen to twenty attempts at getting sentients to spawn on lua exterminate, the scanning drones only seemed to ACTUALLY show up when lotus claimed they did four times. Not sure if that's related to general broken spawns or not.

Edited by OvisCaedo