Jump to content

I love helping new players but...


Lordmotav
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yeah thats a problem

Side note, i was in POE for like the 3rd time ever last night.

I have no idea what the go is with eidolon hunting.  I want to play but i dont want to be one of these people lol

(im MR9 and been playing on and off for a while, not totally noob)

So last night im running around solo, i have like 6 of these lure things following me and i have no idea where to take them or what to do with them.  I kno they have something to do with eidolon hunting but what?

Have to do some googling, i feel like im missing out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

there is a restriction..... which doesnt work, its a common thing to queue for the basic bountys and you get thrown into an eidolon hunt, happened 3x in a row to me today on my MR0 alt, queued for the basic bounty which was listed as a sabotage (in pic below) yet got thrown into a godzilla hunt, its happened lots of times b4 and isnt new.

2i1e075.jpg

Edited by Methanoid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had this and I agree this shouldn't be possible.

Mind you the outcome was they died anyway even after us telling the player numerous times that they were not able to do anything and to just keep away until we tell them to come back.... suffice to say they ignored us and continued to die so we just let them die in the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not going to lie, I kinda like it because it's hilarious seeing a MR0 desperately smacking the Eidolon with his MK1-BO or whatnot 😉

Same with free roam, sometimes I used to hop into my archwing and observe the reaction of new players to the first time they see a Eidolon. The best one I found hilarious was one of them really going through a lot of effort trying everything he could, including luring the Teralyst to near a grineer camp so that he could use the guns there to try to shoot him down. Needless to say, that didn't work very well, but was hilarious to watch 😉 

As long as it's not a Tridolon party, he isn't really going to cause any issues, and who knows, maybe just experiencing that will motivate them to play the game so they can grow stronger and face the beast eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 1 hora, (PS4)brettles1983 dijo:

Yeah thats a problem

Side note, i was in POE for like the 3rd time ever last night.

I have no idea what the go is with eidolon hunting.  I want to play but i dont want to be one of these people lol

(im MR9 and been playing on and off for a while, not totally noob)

So last night im running around solo, i have like 6 of these lure things following me and i have no idea where to take them or what to do with them.  I kno they have something to do with eidolon hunting but what?

Have to do some googling, i feel like im missing out

To fight eidolons you need to unlock a 5th ability for your warframe first, and you need to equip a special weapon too. Those you get when you finish the cinematic quests, up until The War Within if I remember correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michkoch said:

To fight eidolons you need to unlock a 5th ability for your warframe first, and you need to equip a special weapon too. Those you get when you finish the cinematic quests, up until The War Within if I remember correctly.

Yeah ive done the War Within, i have everything neccessary, just dont know what to do.

Very nice down low by the way, i like it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

just dont know what to do. 

 

Honestly, your best bet is a quick search on youtube as there's plenty of tutorials about how to get going. 

If you've not done so already grab the mote amp from quills and go kill a load of vombalysts or see if you can get someone to 'carry you' on an eidolon run to get the drops so you build up quills standing and get a better amp. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly, your best bet is a quick search on youtube as there's plenty of tutorials about how to get going. 

If you've not done so already grab the mote amp from quills and go kill a load of vombalysts or see if you can get someone to 'carry you' on an eidolon run to get the drops so you build up quills standing and get a better amp. 

Thanks for the advice.  For some reason i cant stand watching vids

I have the mote amp, will continue doing bounties until i have more standing to acquire better amp.

I think i have a fair idea on what to do thanks to Michkoch ^^^ so i might jump in on a public hunt and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

I joined an eidolon hunt squad and a MR1 guy popped in complete with mk1 braton, lato, and skana.

 

Can we have a restriction on these things? A bit weird that apparently anyone can queue for these things, even people without operator form.

considering to even to do anything to eidolon you need a amp an the war within quest is locked behind MR 5 junction requirements it would be reasonable to MR lock the eidolon hunts behind a minimum of MR5 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Thanks for the advice.  For some reason i cant stand watching vids

I have the mote amp, will continue doing bounties until i have more standing to acquire better amp.

I think i have a fair idea on what to do thanks to Michkoch ^^^ so i might jump in on a public hunt and see what happens.

Thanks again!

The bare minimum is :

shoot it with amps to destroy the shields

shoot one of their joints (anything that looks like a weak link. E.g. knee) with anything.

Avoid the attacks (which has audio que)

 

if you see vomvalysts, kill those feckkers, they heal eidolons. You can damage them with anything but you'll need to use amps to finish them off. Or bring a lure and let them finish the vomvies instead.

 

if by the end of the hunt you have 0 lures, you kill it, if you have 2(?) Lires, you capture it for better loot.

 

 

you could just read up the wiki if you don't like vids. I'm just waiting in a line so this is a neat distraction for me. 😍*Misclicked an emoji and i can't delete it on mobile*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

The bare minimum is :

shoot it with amps to destroy the shields

shoot one of their joints (anything that looks like a weak link. E.g. knee) with anything.

Avoid the attacks (which has audio que)

 

if you see vomvalysts, kill those feckkers, they heal eidolons. You can damage them with anything but you'll need to use amps to finish them off. Or bring a lure and let them finish the vomvies instead.

 

if by the end of the hunt you have 0 lures, you kill it, if you have 2(?) Lires, you capture it for better loot.

 

 

you could just read up the wiki if you don't like vids. I'm just waiting in a line so this is a neat distraction for me. 😍*Misclicked an emoji and i can't delete it on mobile*

Perfect 

Thank you!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Thanks for the advice.  For some reason i cant stand watching vids

I have the mote amp, will continue doing bounties until i have more standing to acquire better amp.

I think i have a fair idea on what to do thanks to Michkoch ^^^ so i might jump in on a public hunt and see what happens.

Thanks again!

just run the single teralyst. if a single person has anything better than a mote amp, and i have definitely not seen many mote amps anymore, you can do like 3 or more of them a night. me and my friend duo'd them he had 223 or something and i had mote and we got 3. now i can do it in 5 or 6 minutes each run solo providing the vomvalyst's cooperate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Yeah ive done the War Within, i have everything neccessary, just dont know what to do.

Very nice down low by the way, i like it.

 

@(PS4)brettles1983 i watch youtube vids and still kinda got confused. i had to figure it out by simple stay in archwing form and watch people what they did and not participate in the hunt just spectate.

when you que for eidolon hunting here are the steps:
1) Find lures (just 1 or 2 if you want) dont need more unless you doing those Tri dolon hunts.
2) Fill the lures up by hunting for little whisps that roam around water, when you kill them they get sucked up by the lures.
3) When you find the Eidolon, in operator form, shoot the green bubble, then his head to remove his shields, and every now and then check the square parts of his limbs if they have the orange health bar, if it has the health bar then you can Snipe the limb with your warframe. Rinse repeat.

Eidolon Pattern:
You can dodge most of his attacks by going into void mode, Jump over his foot stomp as that pushes you away.
Stage 1: you destroyed 1 limb
He will now scream, unless you are in void mode, or far away, it will kill you or drain all your energy of your frame.
Stage 2: another scream
Stage 3: another scream
Stage 4: another scream
Stage 5: it lies on the ground and calls for whisps to come heal him, after that, take out its head.

Lures help so he dont get limbs back or teleports across the map away from you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

I joined an eidolon hunt squad and a MR1 guy popped in complete with mk1 braton, lato, and skana.

 

Can we have a restriction on these things? A bit weird that apparently anyone can queue for these things, even people without operator form.

Hehe. Sounds just like me around 10 months ago.

It is definitely wrong and there needs to be some sort of gating for Eidolon hunts...but you can't really blame newbies for doing it, as there are absolutely no indicators that these are for advanced players only.

New players are also less likely to be aware there is a Wiki that would tell them this is a bad idea.

 

Thing is - how would you do this? PoE is a free roam environment and also contains a lot of resources players need for other stuff. Guess you could lock them during night times to players that haven't completed The War Within.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Methanoid said:

there is a restriction..... which doesnt work, its a common thing to queue for the basic bountys and you get thrown into an eidolon hunt, happened 3x in a row to me today on my MR0 alt, queued for the basic bounty which was listed as a sabotage (in pic below) yet got thrown into a godzilla hunt, its happened lots of times b4 and isnt new.

2i1e075.jpg

The Eidolons roam the plains at night (night for the location you can see before going to Cetus just by hovering over the mission. 

If you just avoid the Teralyst and do the bounties he won't bother you. Just stomp around and shout a bit.

Sometimes a member of the squad is advanced enough to want to try and tackle the Teralyst during a bounty. If it's not a premade squad, then those guys are flat out jerks. 

Unless they can solo the hunt, in a short period of time, then tacking that on the back of a bounty is just too much for most people who just wanted to do the bounties. I can solo the Teralyst now, but not rapidly, and definitely not with the gear I would normally be carrying on the plains. 

When I was a lower level I would sometimes see people taking on the Teralyst. The only thing I really learned from the experience was not to try. The team would invariably get wiped out after a half hour of trying. Even when I was participating, I'd just head to extraction as soon as there were only two of us left. 

 

And really, in the last week I've been in hunts with public groups where people were MR7 to mid-teens and still inexperienced. As long as there were 2 of us with a clue, I don't really mind. When I was the only one carrying, I wrote in chat to read the wiki for the next time. (And I am not going to revive newbs constantly during the hunt. They get a couple of revives as time permits. If they die, they die. That risk is part of the game for a reason.) 

 

 

Just because they're inexperienced/unable does not mean that they should be excluded, let them learn the way the rest of us did. It's how we got better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...