Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we gate public squads in mission?

(PSN)Gibberish-Jack

When every public match is a race to the checkpoint, is there something we can do to prevent this?

Having a door that needs 2 ppl to open isnt the answer either, and neither is requiring the whole team to open it.  That just creates anger.  Im sure this has been asked before too, because it is basically just a race. every. time.

Might as well call it Raceframe.

Im not even sure what would work.  Maybe a chance for a resource booster drop somewhere in the level, kill x amount of enemies before door 3 will open etc etc

Or is this just how its going to be?  Even organised squads will race to the marker.  I know its because its mostly trash mobs and i know there is zero point to stop and kill them but there has to be something.

Some of the time it just ends up being a race to the finish, because everything is done before you can get there.

Im answering my own question now, play solo.  Which is a shame because im sure its meant to NOT be a solo game.

Just do what I do, and don't participate in the race? I don't even run, I walk. They can do the objective without me, or wait for me, their choice. I don't care. And they can wait for the extraction timer too. Doesn't bother me none. I'll just continue walking around killing stuff and looting.

6 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Just do what I do, and don't participate in the race? I don't even run, I walk. They can do the objective without me, or wait for me, their choice. I don't care. And they can wait for the extraction timer too. Doesn't bother me none. I'll just continue walking around killing stuff and looting.

You do realize that you can do both, right? Besides, in most missions clearing them quickly provides the most efficient return in terms of drops per minute. For endless missions, it's not movement speed but killing speed that matters so the same rules apply just in a different way. You wouldn't avoid killing enemies in survival, right? So why would you purposely make a mission take longer than is required?

Look. This game is PVE. There's only so much you can do before you get bored of doing the same mission types over and over again. No one invented the extraction race; it was just born out of some primordial human desire for competition that players intuitively caught on to.

You don't have to participate since the race is only implicit. But you can't stop me from thinking less of you when I reach the extraction point before you've even gotten to objective.

💪💪💪

Edited by Yonm

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I'm confused, why is finishing fast a bad thing? I mean there are dozens of valid reasons why this is true but you haven't provided any so far. It sounds more like you don't want to or can't go as fast as them so you feel they should have to go at your speed, not you learning to go at theirs.

Look at you reading into things.... Not at all.  If i want to keep up ill bring a fast frame.  I have few. My point is having to keep up, not, not being able to keep up.

You looking for a fight or what son?

Valid reason? Because it is boring lol  I get why ppl wouldnt want to slow it down, get in get it done claim reward rinse and repeat.

I think the best answer so far is this one.........

41 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Play with friends instead of pubs? 

But that would require a 36yr old to have friends that arent tied down to other commitments - such as work or home life. Not an option for me sad to say.

16 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

I am doing this from now on lol

They can spam those buttons as fast as they want lol

25 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Look at you reading into things.... Not at all.  If i want to keep up ill bring a fast frame.  I have few. My point is having to keep up, not, not being able to keep up.

It takes more than just a fast frame. You need fast reflexes, good memory and spatial awareness to maneuver through the twist and turns of each map. Overshoot that jump, miss that turn or slide when you should have rolled and that Nezha barreling towards your neck will overtake you in a heartbeat. It's not for the faint of heart. I can see why you would want to take the easy way out.

Edited by Yonm

Most of us can live waiting 40s at extraction. Beats what would have been the 5m waiting for people who think the time invested in locker hunting beats just running the second mission.

There are random statues that spawn, or rare loot containers. But in spawn probability. It's just easier,faster,more profitable just going from A to B and hope they spawn along the way.

So you do you 👉👉

5 minutes ago, Yonm said:

It takes more than just a fast frame. You need fast reflexes, good memory and spatial awareness to maneuver through the twist and turns of each map. Overshoot that jump, miss that turn or slide when you should have rolled and that Nezha barreling down your neck will overtake you in a heartbeat. It's not for the faint of heart. I can see why you would want to take the easy way out.

Well i guess the difference is some people have fun getting to the end the quickest.

I think it is ruining the game.  Why doesnt DE just GIVE us the rewards.

EDIT: Yeah ok, ive re read this a couple of times and it does seem like im whinging because i cant keep up.  I usually finish 2nd or 3rd, rarely 1st  and sometimes last but this isnt my point.

4 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Most of us can live waiting 40s at extraction. Beats what would have been the 5m waiting for people who think the time invested in locker hunting beats just running the second mission.

There are random statues that spawn, or rare loot containers. But in spawn probability. It's just easier,faster,more profitable just going from A to B and hope they spawn along the way.

So you do you 👉👉

This is what im talking about, we are barrelling through levels to get a reward because there is nothing in the actual level to benefit taking your time. 

Why even do the missions?  Alerts should just be loot boxes you get for free. Same same

Edited by (PS4)brettles1983

11 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Well i guess the difference is some people have fun getting to the end the quickest.

I think it is ruining the game.  Why doesnt DE just GIVE us the rewards.

EDIT: Yeah ok, ive re read this a couple of times and it does seem like im whinging because i cant keep up.  I usually finish 2nd or 3rd, rarely 1st  and sometimes last but this isnt my point.

This is what im talking about, we are barrelling through levels to get a reward because there is nothing in the actual level to benefit taking your time. 

Why even do the missions?  Alerts should just be loot boxes you get for free. Same same

In all seriousness, this is all part of a bigger problem that people have been complaining to for years. Loot is too heavily weighted toward end mission rewards and not enough within the actual mission. This is why people afk, cheese, and extract as quickly as possible so they can get to the next mission. 

There was a time when they increased credit drops from enemies so you'd have an incentive to kill as many enemies as you could but that was too fun so they nerfed it. For some reason, DE would prefer to have specific farming spots for resources like the index, kuva fortess and now elite alerts so you can grind the same thing over and over until your soul leaves your body.

Although to DE's credit they are trying to fix the problem. They added random basic resource caches that spawn on every mission node so you don't have to farm a specific planet to get things like orokin cells and nuerodes. They also added those caches that drop rare mods like the electric dual stat mods that people actually do slow down to look for.

set the game in solo where you can pause it when ever you want or set it friends only so if a friend doing that mission you can join there squad an only your friends can join your missions. tho friends only also means your friends can invite randoms into the squad

if those not to your liking then play with invite only setting an no one can join into missions with you without a invite, an you will not be placed into public groups

19 minutes ago, Yonm said:

until your soul leaves your body.

Haha yeah it feels like this sometimes, nodding off, half asleep, must. keep. grinding.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

set the game in solo where you can pause it when ever you want or set it friends only so if a friend doing that mission you can join there squad an only your friends can join your missions. tho friends only also means your friends can invite randoms into the squad

if those not to your liking then play with invite only setting an no one can join into missions with you without a invite, an you will not be placed into public groups

Thanks shadow, this is how i usually play, just sucks it has to be this way.  My play time is too random to organise time to play with friends.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Haha yeah it feels like this sometimes, nodding off, half asleep, must. keep. grinding.

Thanks shadow, this is how i usually play, just sucks it has to be this way.  My play time is too random to organise time to play with friends.

tho i do understand your pain as alot of players in pub groups want to get carried or just not wanting to listen as you let them know if there doing something wrong an will get no reply form them XD or have them get super aggressive.

😛 like how a person called me a #$&(% for letthing them know hydriods pilfering swarm doesnt need to be solo thing to kill just enemies need to get grabbed by them, with me saying i got the info from the wiki.

17 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

You looking for a fight or what son?

Valid reason? Because it is boring lol  I get why ppl wouldnt want to slow it down, get in get it done claim reward rinse and repeat.

Son? I wish I was that young, but call random people on a forum whatever you want to make yourself feel superior I guess.

Still, the point remains that taking your time is fine, it is just disrespectful towards the other people in your game to make them wait on purpose. Some people are just so self-centered that they don't ever think about how their actions affect others though.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Son? I wish I was that young, but call random people on a forum whatever you want to make yourself feel superior I guess.

Still, the point remains that taking your time is fine, it is just disrespectful towards the other people in your game to make them wait on purpose. Some people are just so self-centered that they don't ever think about how their actions affect others though.

Yeah nah mate youre missing the point.  Completely

I enjoying racing games.  I also enjoy Warframe's parkour system.  Of course I am going to race through the mission.  I find parkouring (what's that mean again?) through mission as an activity.  It isn't even about efficiency, just good ol' racing.  I really enjoy it when I have a competitor who seems to be doing the same thing, but it is fun enough to race myself and try to think of faster ways to navigate through the map tiles.

I really like when I can out sprint a relic super-charged Volt.  That's the best.

Edited by Saturmorn_Carvilli

2 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Yeah nah mate youre missing the point.  Completely

I wouldn't grace such assumptions with a reply, honestly.

Mind if I ask how long you've been playing? When I started five years ago I witnessed the gradual shift in playstyle to completing missions as quickly as possible. It's a player progression thing, as I myself at one point became frustrated for a time with people rushing through maps. I'm a fan of theatrics while playing; timing that jump or slide perfectly, performing all of my arsenal (Primary, Secondary, Abilities, etc.), as seamlessly as possible. I get into a zone I guess, especially with Excalibur.

But, after playing through the same tilesets and layouts hundreds, maybe thousands of times, and taking stock of what materials or currency you may need to build or buy something, you tend to want to do things quickly. If you have a limited time to play it becomes exacerbated. Given that though, I still like to play the game. It all depends on what mission I'm doing and why. If I'm gathering things or simply completing it for the reward I tend to rush through quickly.

Honestly though, all you can really do is find like-minded players and try to play with them. A lot of Veterans here have become jaded, and forget what it's like to play the game from that initial fresh perspective. Just enjoy the game and don't let the notions and expectations of others hamper how you play. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

I wouldn't grace such assumptions with a reply, honestly.

Mind if I ask how long you've been playing? When I started five years ago I witnessed the gradual shift in playstyle to completing missions as quickly as possible. It's a player progression thing, as I myself at one point became frustrated for a time with people rushing through maps. I'm a fan of theatrics while playing; timing that jump or slide perfectly, performing all of my arsenal (Primary, Secondary, Abilities, etc.), as seamlessly as possible. I get into a zone I guess, especially with Excalibur.

But, after playing through the same tilesets and layouts hundreds, maybe thousands of times, and taking stock of what materials or currency you may need to build or buy something, you tend to want to do things quickly. If you have a limited time to play it becomes exacerbated. Given that though, I still like to play the game. It all depends on what mission I'm doing and why. If I'm gathering things or simply completing it for the reward I tend to rush through quickly.

Honestly though, all you can really do is find like-minded players and try to play with them. A lot of Veterans here have become jaded, and forget what it's like to play the game from that initial fresh perspective. Just enjoy the game and don't let the notions and expectations of others hamper how you play. 

Ive been playing on and off for, gee i dont know, 4 yrs now.  I havent really put too much time into it considering ive had it for so long.  I download, its gets repetitive, i delete.  Rinse and repeat 3 or 4 times and thats me. 

I am only just coming up to my 200 day login so that should give you an indication ( I average 1 day a week ) but i have been playing more lately.

I am also guilty of speeding through missions in squads.  I dont even think about it now, its just GO as soon as you land.  I just wish it wasnt so.

42 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

I'm guessing the people who stack speed mods then run ahead are the same people who complain about afkers and leechers. 

Where did that come from? Usually the players that are in front have the strongest builds but I rarely see them complanning about leeches or going afk. The sole exception is PoE where leeching is an actual problem.

I guess if DE want to do it and not be biased is to provide more optional objectives for faster players to kill time? it has to be rewarding tho, people aren't even bothered with caches and time trials, optional capture targets could work, make them drop end game loots like kuva etc. Still, this is probably far from perfect, right now if ur pace is not same as everyone, like you said, just solo I guess. public co-op was never a thing for me anyway.

Edited by Showerwalker

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Where did that come from? Usually the players that are in front have the strongest builds but I rarely see them complanning about leeches or going afk. The sole exception is PoE where leeching is an actual problem.

I agree.  If you are just speeding through a mission, why would you complain about leechers?  You dont need help.  The only reason to complain would be because you have to wait at the end.