Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silly solution to Riven Disposition?

(XBOX)CaligulaTwily

Rivens were originally supposed to fluctuate in strength with a weapons popularity. DE doesn't wanna change the Rivens now because it could make alotta people angry by making a bunch of good rivens bad. 

My idea for solution? When Riven Disposition is changed, have the riven slowly decay into the new stats, at like 5% a day, irreversibly crystalizing into the new stats at 100% or whatever. Kinda like Kavats and Kujos.  Add a new blueprint "Riven Stabilizer" that when used, stabilizes the riven for a time. That way, can still keep old riven stats, but requiring costly maintenance. Likely have Kuva as an ingredient for the Riven Stabilizer. 

Thoughts? 

This isn't a bad idea, but it essentially punishes newer players and doesn't affect vets (as most of them have stockpiled resources, even kuva).

This would just make the newer players we currently have far more upset (although changing riven disp. Will upset somebody no matter what you do)

This would surely reduce the salt of older players in riven disposition change, but I'm not sure people are willing to spend hour a day or even more to keep the old riven stats when they could use that kuva to reroll new good weapon rivens. When you have more than one good weapon riven you use, it just might not be worth the effort unless it's your best weapon and the disposition changes from 5 to 1. I know I wouldn't bother, rather make a little platinum off riven rerolling.

Well it is a problem of DE's making. If the disposition fluctuations occurred on a daily or weekly basis as they were originally designed, people will not be forking out 10000+ plat on a Riven and get their panties in a knot whenever we talk about disposition balance.

I would say do the following: declare that disposition balancing will occur in Jan 2020 which is 1year+ away. After that period, disposition will fluctuate on a weekly basis. Whoever has their "godly" riven can try to sell it in between this period. At the same time, release some power creep weapons or massively buff some old weapons so that the current meta weapons shift. That will make the current meta rivens drop in prices, but slowly rather than an immediate freefall.

1 hour ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Rivens were originally supposed to fluctuate in strength with a weapons popularity. DE doesn't wanna change the Rivens now because it could make alotta people angry by making a bunch of good rivens bad. 

My idea for solution? When Riven Disposition is changed, have the riven slowly decay into the new stats, at like 5% a day, irreversibly crystalizing into the new stats at 100% or whatever. Kinda like Kavats and Kujos.  Add a new blueprint "Riven Stabilizer" that when used, stabilizes the riven for a time. That way, can still keep old riven stats, but requiring costly maintenance. Likely have Kuva as an ingredient for the Riven Stabilizer. 

Thoughts? 

This is a terrible idea.

No offense to you personally but "let's hold your rivens hostage with a gimmick" is not going to not make people angry.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

This is a terrible idea.

No offense to you personally but "let's hold your rivens hostage with a gimmick" is not going to not make people angry.

Disposition is supposed to be adjusted regularly. That it is not, is a bug. Bugs need to be fixed. Simply as that.

Players have a right be angry with DE because it is their fault for failing to change for a long time and give people the false impression it will never change.

Unfortunately the solution isn't to simply  to not change at all and make things worse.

All guns recently sorted by MR based on their stats, same being done for melee and almost with us.

Makes sense to to me to drop the popularity plan and base rivens on MR.

Separates regular, primes, wraiths, etc.

Drop the MR requirement for rivens too. MR requiement should be the same as the weapon the riven is for.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

Tiberon, gram, lato, arca plasmour, Corinth, kohm, rubico, lenz, pleague kripath, 

I really don't see those being overused. At least not like how weapons were overused before rivens. 

You can't expect NO ONE to use those weapons, but I dont see them on every loadout. 

I think disposition changes are unnecessary. It doesnt matter if a weapon is powerful, the point was to encourage people to try more than the top 3 weapons in the game and that's what people are doing.

1 hour ago, wtflag said:

Disposition is supposed to be adjusted regularly. That it is not, is a bug. Bugs need to be fixed. Simply as that.

Players have a right be angry with DE because it is their fault for failing to change for a long time and give people the false impression it will never change.

Unfortunately the solution isn't to simply  to not change at all and make things worse.

It has been over 600 days since riven disposition waschanged. Every time it has been changed, it has been included as a patch and mentioned in the patch notes.

I would argue that them changing it now, especially drastically, would do far, far more harm (pissing people off who bought rivens) than it would do good. (Simply being able to say, "it's the way it's supposed to be" now).

But let's set that aside. You just made the very specific claim, that this is a "bug". No.

*edit* though, if they decide it's worth pissing off everybody who ever bought a riven for opticor/tiberon/sicarus etc for no reason they might as well rip off the bandaid now.

Edited by (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA

1 hour ago, (XB1)JupiterOnline said:

A solution could be to make every weapon riven at 3 disposition and just leave it at that without adjusting again. 

If they're just going to flat rate everything the same, they might as well put it at 5 stars.  The powerful weapons are already powerful before rivens, they just carry people another 40-80 levels in an endless and after a point (~level 80+,) it's really a game of patience and spamming CC or ridiculous levels of durability/invulnerability, not raw firepower. 

Mostly, it's the junk weapons that the riven system was really made for and well... they need the 5 stars just to be worth slotting a riven into.

Edited by Littleman88

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I really don't see those being overused. At least not like how weapons were overused before rivens. 

You can't expect NO ONE to use those weapons, but I dont see them on every loadout. 

I think disposition changes are unnecessary. It doesnt matter if a weapon is powerful, the point was to encourage people to try more than the top 3 weapons in the game and that's what people are doing.

I've never seen even 1 Tonkor since its nerf and it stays at lowest disposition. Explain this or try to prove that there are fewer players using Gram and Tiberon (or any other weapon) than Tonkor.

Edited by Marvelous_A

5 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What weapon is over popular now? I don't see a need for a disposition change

Ignis Wraith, Amprex, Tiberon, Pyrana, Gram.

And if you google "warframe riven disposition list" and go to the wiki link, you can see a lot of bad and mediocre and also probably quite unpopular weapons with disposition 1 and 2 out of 5.

3 minutes ago, StamFFS said:

Maybe they could change the disposition of all rivens every 1 year based on how much popular it was the past year. 

It is what they are supposed to do yet they simply didn't do anything since introduction of rivens and now we have this big pile of s*** made out of rivens.

Edited by Marvelous_A

3 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

Ignis Wraith, Amprex, Tiberon, Pyrana, Gram.

And if you google "warframe riven disposition list" and go to the wiki link, you can see a lot of bad and mediocre and also probably quite unpopular weapons with disposition 1 and 2 out of 5.

I've gotten two different list of supposedly "over used" weapons. 

And how is gram an overused weapon already?

Disposition was to make people try other weapons and not ONLY gravitate towards the meta. People are ALREADY trying other weapons, so there really isn't some pressing need to change disposition if not to just satisfy a bunch of people salty over riven prices. 

3 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

I've never seen even 1 Tonkor since its nerf and it stays at lowest disposition. Explain this or try to prove that there are fewer players using Gram and Tiberon (or any other weapon) than Tonkor.

There is no current epidemic of everyone using a gram. And I don't see everyone running around with a tiberon like how it used to be with the Tonkor and simulor. Disposition and Rubens have practically broken the habit of players all using the same top 2-3 weapons exclusively. 

Just because a weapon is powerful, doesn't mean that DE needs to rush and nerf is disposition. It's when players begin feeling like they NEED to use it, is when I think DE will even consider tinkering with it seriously again. 

So pretty much, DE doesn't really care that the gram is powerful with a Riven unless they start seeing players spam gram attacks everywhere like a telos boltace. It's not anywhere near that for any weapon now. 

I might be mistaken about Gram, and Ignis Wraith is the most used weapon I've seen so far and it's been like that for months so there's that. That why I listed it first and Gram last. Amprex is also fairly common, but nowhere near Ignis. Just because things were different in the past doesn't mean there shouldn't be changes.

And if you had read the rest of my short post and taken my advice you would had noticed that what I said is true, but for some reason you didn't. Right now there are underused weapons with bad dispositions, and overused ones with decent dispositions.

You could have fun building different weapons up and making good use of them with a nice riven, but with disposition 1/5 you might as well take any mod instead of the riven. What's the point of making already-strong weapons stronger and weaker weapons weaker? To satisfy the power-hungry and riven dealers? What about those who want viability for their less used weapons? Rivens were ment to solve that problem but DE has not held their word on that.

The only way I can see changing the dispositions without a major meltdown (and even then it would probably happen) would be by having levels drop by a maximum of one level per change.

So if they were to change it every six months say when a 5 dispo wouldn't go lower than 4 until next time giving you at least some time to enjoy it while it lasts and giving notice that it's going to go lower so don't waste thousands of plat on one in the future.

You would a least get another year out of Rubico or Gram one

10 hours ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Thoughts? 

I think much like several other systems in the game that try to punish players into doing something one way..... they need to stop.

The Degredation system as it stands doesn't add anything meaningful to the game outside of forcing people to click a button every ~8 days or so. That's it, that's it's whole contribution to Warframe. Ultimately it becomes just one more reason for people to not bother with companions. 

I think the Companions should be normalized at their maximum stabilizer values and the whole degradation system should just be scrapped. Replace it with a temporary (pet treat) buff booster system for companions. Where you can give them a Scooby Snack for a few hours of (insert bonus) effect., Like I dunno a few hours where they are immune to Status Damage/Effects

In short turn a punishment into an optional incentive.

So...... my thoughts are that Riven Decay and Riven Stabalizers are like DNA Stabalizers and I have zero interest in such a system. 

I'd advise just ripping the bandaid off and starting with regular disposition adjustments instead of letting the disposition fester for 6+ months between tweaks. So things are less inclined to go from 5 bubble(?) to 1 bubble(?) overnight. Of course factoring for things like Prime Launches where in which everyone and their dog is going to be using (insert weapon) which would otherwise instantly tank the disposition to 1 if they didn't weight it somehow. 

Edited by Oreades