Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silly solution to Riven Disposition?

(XBOX)CaligulaTwily

The game tracks how popular a weapon is. They have the numbers.

All they have to do is make an automated program that say... once a week or once a month or even daily updates riven dispositions based on weapon popularity.

Players have to accept that rivens were announced and made to be variable and I am all for a self-regulating disposition system.

My guess is that DE probably programmed the system poorly and has to manually update all riven dispositions rather than it being automated. But regardless they haven’t changed.  If rivens were truly fluctuating, I bet very few would have a disposition of 1 and it’s still possible that many high MR required weapons would remain 5 stars just because more players can’t use them. 

It would be interesting to see the weapon usage stats for every weapon and see how much each weapon is currently being used. While there is definitely some MR fodder weapons I bet the usage is regular enough that maybe they’d all be close to 3 or the average anyway.  But it’d still be great to see the data and see where DE cuts the usage percentages off at. Are all players calculated in or are beginner weapons omitted because nothing else can be used anyway? Would they measure current usage or lifelong usage? All good points to see

7 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

It has been over 600 days since riven disposition waschanged. Every time it has been changed, it has been included as a patch and mentioned in the patch notes.

I would argue that them changing it now, especially drastically, would do far, far more harm (pissing people off who bought rivens) than it would do good. (Simply being able to say, "it's the way it's supposed to be" now).

But let's set that aside. You just made the very specific claim, that this is a "bug". No.

*edit* though, if they decide it's worth pissing off everybody who ever bought a riven for opticor/tiberon/sicarus etc for no reason they might as well rip off the bandaid now.

Their fault for spending $&*&*#(%&ed amounts of platinum on rivens. I hate that.

That is why I rarely trade plat for rivens except when selling to gullible and too-rich players. I buy rivens with my rivens, I trade.

I bought a Daikyu riven with nearly 200% CD, CD and Damage with Status Duration negative, FOR 210 PLATINUM! Two hundred and ten!

Be smart about your spending. I revel and jump from joy when people spend a fkton of plat on an overpriced item and then regret it.

I have a different take on the problem.

Change disposition mechanic and make it not affect rolls at all. Normalize all rivens as if they all have 1 star neutral disposition; this would be the base stats of the riven. Then make a system that would make rivens resonate and glow with the intensity that is dependent on how much the weapon is used. The more a certain weapon is neglected by the community, the stronger the glow and stronger the disposition multiplier that would then apply a bonus to the riven. The disposition would change dynamically every week using the usage stats from previous week to make automatic adjustments. So when you open your rivens page you will see right away which rivens are glowing hard and getting powered up, making you want to actually make use of your now massive riven stockpiles.

16 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I really don't see those being overused. At least not like how weapons were overused before rivens. 

You can't expect NO ONE to use those weapons, but I dont see them on every loadout. 

I think disposition changes are unnecessary. It doesnt matter if a weapon is powerful, the point was to encourage people to try more than the top 3 weapons in the game and that's what people are doing.

Your contradicting yourself. I see literally no reason to use an assault rifle other than the tiberon. And also tell me the last time you went a whole day without seeing someone using an arca plasmour. Plus the disposition changes could help the new weapons that are underused. there is a lot of those. Also nerfing rivens will still keep these weapons very good, just not stupid powerful. 

6 hours ago, SenariousNex said:

I have a different take on the problem.

Change disposition mechanic and make it not affect rolls at all. Normalize all rivens as if they all have 1 star neutral disposition; this would be the base stats of the riven. Then make a system that would make rivens resonate and glow with the intensity that is dependent on how much the weapon is used. The more a certain weapon is neglected by the community, the stronger the glow and stronger the disposition multiplier that would then apply a bonus to the riven. The disposition would change dynamically every week using the usage stats from previous week to make automatic adjustments. So when you open your rivens page you will see right away which rivens are glowing hard and getting powered up, making you want to actually make use of your now massive riven stockpiles.

that's how I thought rivens would work when they were first announced. It would fix the stupid riven market right now to. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

Your contradicting yourself. I see literally no reason to use an assault rifle other than the tiberon. And also tell me the last time you went a whole day without seeing someone using an arca plasmour. Plus the disposition changes could help the new weapons that are underused. there is a lot of those. Also nerfing rivens will still keep these weapons very good, just not stupid powerful. 

Why should I NOT see an arca plasmor? You may not see a reason to not use a tiberon, but there are a lot of people who do. I don't see it being a problem in the game like the simulor used to be.

9 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Their fault for spending $&*&*#(%&ed amounts of platinum on rivens. I hate that.

That is why I rarely trade plat for rivens except when selling to gullible and too-rich players. I buy rivens with my rivens, I trade.

I bought a Daikyu riven with nearly 200% CD, CD and Damage with Status Duration negative, FOR 210 PLATINUM! Two hundred and ten!

Be smart about your spending. I revel and jump from joy when people spend a fkton of plat on an overpriced item and then regret it.

Literally what? That's your problem? People spending lots of plat rivens is your issue and you want de to punish them just for lulz? You realize more plat being bought = more money for de. More money for de = bigger budget for new content, right?

I mean, from what I have seen people dont regret buying rivens and wouldn't regret rivens unless DE decided to nerf them into the ground. The fact they haven't done it for so long, thus allowing this to continue, tells me they realize "let's piss people off and laugh about it like this guy right here" isnt a good business model.

Also its surpring how many people make posts like this and then preach about how the warframe community is so friendly.

Do you also giggle uncontrollably when someone buys a big TV or something?

17 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Literally what? That's your problem? People spending lots of plat rivens is your issue and you want de to punish them just for lulz? You realize more plat being bought = more money for de. More money for de = bigger budget for new content, right?

I mean, from what I have seen people dont regret buying rivens and wouldn't regret rivens unless DE decided to nerf them into the ground. The fact they haven't done it for so long, thus allowing this to continue, tells me they realize "let's piss people off and laugh about it like this guy right here" isnt a good business model.

Also its surpring how many people make posts like this and then preach about how the warframe community is so friendly.

Most riven disposition arguments boil down to..."someone got a powerful riven for a weapon that's now powerful. Nerf it DE!!" 

Disposition is to cure the player from leaning too much towards one weapon. That's why it was ALWAYS based on popularity and not strength. So unless there's another weapon that plagues every mission nuking entire maps, DE has no reason to mess with disposition. They don't care of someone is wielding a powerful gram when a riven, and they definitely don't care if gram Rivens go for 100p+ pla lt because of its sudden spike in popularity.

Edited by Hypernaut1

19 hours ago, Sabreracer said:

The only way I can see changing the dispositions without a major meltdown (and even then it would probably happen) would be by having levels drop by a maximum of one level per change.

So if they were to change it every six months say when a 5 dispo wouldn't go lower than 4 until next time giving you at least some time to enjoy it while it lasts and giving notice that it's going to go lower so don't waste thousands of plat on one in the future.

You would a least get another year out of Rubico or Gram one

This is actually a good idea but I don't know if it's possible. It might mean we'd see most of the weapons have 2-4 disposition and very few in 1 and 5. And it also doesn't reflect where the dispositions should be according to popularity very well. But yeah maybe if the weapon disposition could still be increased from 1 to 5 etc in one change it could work.

13 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Hey. What'chu got against big TVs? They're awesome! Plug in a HDMI and watch your girlfriend get addicted to Skyrim xD

People regret big riven purchases after DE LOWERS! the disposition because people are stupid and forget rivens were always meant to be variable. It's a bit DE's fault for not keeping up with that rule but it stays open for change.

And we are a very friendly and helpful community. But it is hard not to feel insulted when seeing "godly riven 10.000 plat", to make it worse, it's not even godly, it's mediocre and stats are even for the wrong weapon. Super high prices on rivens are pure and filthy greed and I don't have to pretend to be friendly just to keep an image for some greedy maniacs who have nothing nice to them other than a stock of rivens to sell.

Easiest ay to fix Rivens would be to make them shift according to the MR Requirement of the weapon and their MR Requirement.

e.g.: a MR 16 Secondary Riven for a MR 2 Weapon would have high enough boni to bring the weapon up to the intended DPS of that MR Rank. 

Weapons with the MR Requirements equal or higher than the Riven would get the what now is the worst deposition and with every level the Rivens MR is above the MR Requirement of the weapon the Disposition gets better.

There would also be a way to increase the MR of a Riven for New MR Rating x 5000 Kuva.

This way all weapons would be treated the same and if a weapon is much stronger than everything else in its MR Requirement the MR Requirement has to be reevaluated. 

Edited by Darkuhn

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

Hey. What'chu got against big TVs? They're awesome! Plug in a HDMI and watch your girlfriend get addicted to Skyrim xD

People regret big riven purchases after DE LOWERS! the disposition because people are stupid and forget rivens were always meant to be variable. It's a bit DE's fault for not keeping up with that rule but it stays open for change.

And we are a very friendly and helpful community. But it is hard not to feel insulted when seeing "godly riven 10.000 plat", to make it worse, it's not even godly, it's mediocre and stats are even for the wrong weapon. Super high prices on rivens are pure and filthy greed and I don't have to pretend to be friendly just to keep an image for some greedy maniacs who have nothing nice to them other than a stock of rivens to sell.

Plat prices should have no bearing on gameplay at all. Why should people care if rivens go for insane prices? 

I don't know why so many think "people ask too much for rivens in trade, so we should Nerf them" is seen as a valid argument 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Hypernaut1:

people ask too much for rivens in trade, so we should Nerf them

this problem would solve itself, if we could easily get rivens for weapons we want them for and could influence what stats we get from rerolling. If we would get rivens for the weapons we unveil them with all this "riven for the newest Weapon only 10000k Plat(obviously im exaggerate here but I hope you get the point)" would end instantly. Also those transmuters would actually become somewhat useful.

2 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

this problem would solve itself, if we could easily get rivens for weapons we want them for and could influence what stats we get from rerolling. If we would get rivens for the weapons we unveil them with all this "riven for the newest Weapon only 10000k Plat(obviously im exaggerate here but I hope you get the point)" would end instantly. Also those transmuters would actually become somewhat useful.

.... But it's NOT problem. Riven prices are not a problem and it should not affect any decision made about the game. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Hypernaut1:

.... But it's NOT problem. Riven prices are not a problem and it should not effect any decision made about the game. 

I know, its just normal Supply and Demand in a free Market. And I'm with you, that Rivens in General and their Plat prices specifically shouldn't be considered when DE makes decisions about Gameplay Changes.

The only time I see them considering Rivens is when they add new values to Items or delete existing as those would have to be added or deleted from Rivens as well.