Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

all of the hype for additional melee gameplay makes me realize the severe lack of engaging gunplay

MysticDragonMage

Am 15.10.2018 um 05:07 schrieb Datam4ss:

But a gun is just a gun. You point it at the enemy and they die. No one would do those actions because it is easier to just keep shooting.

Unless you are suggesting using equilibrium style gun kata...

And Warframe is a game. Why not spice things up instead of letting logic get in the way?

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The problem comes from Warframe's mod system, in my eyes. Being able to oneshot enemies kinda takes away the satisfaction of killing them, because next to no effort was used.

Depends on the gun IMO. A shotgun or a sniper rifle feels better if you can finish an enemy in one or two shots. But for an assault rifle or even a semi-auto pistol, it does feel better to have to hammer them a few times.

il y a 39 minutes, Loza03 a dit :

Depends on the gun IMO. A shotgun or a sniper rifle feels better if you can finish an enemy in one or two shots. But for an assault rifle or even a semi-auto pistol, it does feel better to have to hammer them a few times.

Grakata.

Also why i like burst rifle.

Edited by angias

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Naturally, weapons should have areas in which they're most effective. The problem comes when a player has to put no thought into their positioning in order to achieve the OHK.

so this has been a good discussion so far, and i'm noticing a reoccurring topic as to how interesting gun-play could be implemented.

while yes, a gun is just a gun and its just a simple point and click, that does not mean it should. the same could be said about melee, how a sword is just a sword and its just simply hitting the enemy with said weapon.

well, in my head, it would work much like ground finishers/normal finishers and counter finishers in melee gameplay; mechanics that are convenient, but does not force the player to use them.

so here are a few more examples that i feel would really make gunplay more interesting.

• as I've brought up before, headshots upon a knocked down enemy or shooting them while they are knocked down in general provides more damage upon that enemy and even more damage the closer you are to that enemy.
  • the closer you are to a target, the more punch through your weapon has upon that target.
  • point blank headshots provide more damage.
  • quickly firing upon a target after equipping a firearm knocks down said target.
Edited by MysticDragonMage

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Naturally, weapons should have areas in which they're most effective. The problem comes when a player has to put no thought into their positioning in order to achieve the OHK.

Oh yeah. Even the Phantasma needs you to keep your brain on because, well, self-damage. And it's also a mortar cannon, so it's encouraged to make long-range shots over cover, encouraging accuracy. Even the Tigris Prime has to deal with only two shots. I love me some strong weapons, but there always ought to be a twist, a weakness you must overcome.

That's why I don't like stuff like the Ignis Wraith. Longer range than most beams, good damage, AoE, reasonable Crits and armour stripping. Where's the fun in that? There's not even the satisfaction of running in close to finish enemies.

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

And thus why I'd love for there to be a way to set enemy ranges on any node on the star chart.  Levels 30-60 is when enemies are durable enough to take a few shots to a lot of shots (depending on unit class) from a moderately well modded weapon and deadly enough to be a threat without needing to be hard CCed to stop them from successfully killing me.

I play DOOM.  A lot.  Both classic and new.  Having an array of varied enemies is a big part of my enjoyment, and Warframe makes it difficult to properly balance my equipment and lacks much in the way of actual variety, especially in the earlier nodes on the star chart.  Need like one heavy/special unit for every 5 lancers/crewman.

Edited by Littleman88