Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon could learn from Nezha rework

DarkRuler2500

Greetings,
after Oberon got a rework I was amazed by the ability synergy. Some things were a bit bothering me but i could not figure out a real solution. Recently Nezha got a nice rework from [DE]Pablo too. Some ideas there then helped me in figuring out some effects that might give Oberon some quality of life changes.

Issues?

• Allies coming into contact with Nullifiers, Isolator Bursas, Scrampus/Comba units or falling into abyss will loose their Renewal effect. Only way of effectively reapplying it to them is gathering them around you again and then reapplying the ability.
  • Reckoning seems to have two conceptual roles: Radiating enemies, stunning them and removing armor (with 2nd ability in synergy). However it also includes the chance of spawning health orbs. However the enemy needs to be killed by Reckoning to spawn the orbs.
  • A Nullifier coming into contact with your holy ground will dispel the entire area making it hard to cast the spell in Corpus missions.

Solutions?

• While Renewal is active, Oberon will have the chance to reapply the Renewal again to all allies coming close to Oberon.
  • Reckoning should apply the effect that health orbs are spawned if enemies are killed after X seconds after having been struck with Reckoning.
  • Hallowed Ground should be segmental and only be dispelled on the very areas the Nullifiers touch them.

Feedback?

What do you think of it?

6 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:
  • Only way of effectively reapplying it to them is gathering them around you again and then reapplying the ability.
  • While Renewal is active, Oberon will have the chance to reapply the Renewal again to all allies coming close to Oberon.

From what i know, if you leave the Nullifier Bubble the buff is reapplied instantly if you are within range of the Skill. As for Combas/Bursas the skill reactivates once the Magnetic proc wears off.

8 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:
  • Reckoning seems to have two conceptual roles: Radiating enemies, stunning them and removing armor (with 2nd ability in synergy). However it also includes the chance of spawning health orbs. However the enemy needs to be killed by Reckoning to spawn the orbs.
  • Reckoning should apply the effect that health orbs are spawned if enemies are killed after X seconds after having been struck with Reckoning.

Wile they help a bit, the Health Orbs are a Bonus, they arent ment to be the main focus of the Skill and dont need further improvements on their drops.

11 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:
  • A Nullifier coming into contact with your holy ground will dispel the entire area making it hard to cast the spell in Corpus missions.
  • Hallowed Ground should be segmental and only be dispelled on the very areas the Nullifiers touch them.

Making Hallowed Grounds segmental would mean more entities spawned into the map for a single skill. This would greatly affect game performance, specially for people with weak computers. Maybe instead of Segmental, have the whole Hallow Grounds shrink as the Nullifier moves over it and slowly grow back as it moves out of the area or is killed.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb BiancaRoughfin:

From what i know, if you leave the Nullifier Bubble the buff is reapplied instantly if you are within range of the Skill. As for Combas/Bursas the skill reactivates once the Magnetic proc wears off.

That area is entirely invisible and often does disappear over time as well. It is not really useable except for Defense Missions since you stay on one spot.

Zitat

Wile they help a bit, the Health Orbs are a Bonus, they arent ment to be the main focus of the Skill and dont need further improvements on their drops.

In my eyes all aspects of a skill are "main focus". If the health orbs are just some tiny joke, then one might as well entirely remove them. The thing is that the orbs are now only dropable in low-level missions <50 but if you go up the chance to drop them goes down massively. This is an issue because you dont really need the orbs on low missions anyway since the enemies aren't dealing sufficient damage.

Zitat

Maybe instead of Segmental, have the whole Hallow Grounds shrink as the Nullifier moves over it and slowly grow back as it moves out of the area or is killed.

That idea would be fine as well!

22 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

That area is entirely invisible and often does disappear over time as well. It is not really useable except for Defense Missions since you stay on one spot.

No its not, the ground is covered with an Energy effect and plants, also, it doesnt shrink over time.

For hallowed ground, they could make it like Vauban's Bastille where there's an object in the center and in order to dispel the entire field, the nullifier would have to touch the center object. For Oberon, the center object can be a bush or tree. Oberon Prime's tree can be fancier. 

I could see Renewal either being a constant aura that re-applies to any target in range without the buff or being changed to a duration based buff, but re-castable while active so you don't have to worry about everyone being in range every time the duration ends (they need to make Rhino's roar work that way too). Not having a constant energy drain could be a plus in some situations if you're not getting hit enough for rage/HA. 

The reckoning change would be nice since it's not frequently used to make killing blows, particularly at higher levels. Nezha basically got a version of how reckoning should work health-orb wise in his re-work. 

21 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Greetings,
after Oberon got a rework I was amazed by the ability synergy. Some things were a bit bothering me but i could not figure out a real solution. Recently Nezha got a nice rework from [DE]Pablo too. Some ideas there then helped me in figuring out some effects that might give Oberon some quality of life changes.

Issues?

• Allies coming into contact with Nullifiers, Isolator Bursas, Scrampus/Comba units or falling into abyss will loose their Renewal effect. Only way of effectively reapplying it to them is gathering them around you again and then reapplying the ability.

Solutions?

Feedback?

What do you think of it?

I'd really like to see your solutions to the first two issues implemented.

The third thing I see as more of a challenge than a problem.  

I would like to make a suggestion for Oberon's Renewal.

Make it like aura based like how Equinox's Pacify & Provoke or Harrow's Thurible area of effect but the healing stays even when squad members went out of it, of course with decrease of base range of renewal. With these kind of works, it would suggest the players to stay close or play safe. In cases where if one of the squad members loses the renewal, they can just walk up towards the Oberon, making him a mobile medical tower

as for the Augment, it is fine as it is :)

p.s this is my 1st post, please bear with such suggestion

9 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

I could see Renewal [...] being a constant aura that re-applies to any target in range

Yes please.

3 hours ago, AriaSTG said:

decrease of base range of renewal

Oh please no. What's up with healing ranges getting nerf-stomped?
(That is, if they ever were decently-sized to begin with, looking at you, old Nezha.)
Why are people so afraid to have "easy" healing in a PVE game with nuking Frames?

Apologies, i did not mean to offend anyone with the renewal range nerf.

Since we talking about making it an aura based power, it would be better if it has the same range as Reckoning, with this Oberon users would have a zone to see which enemies were within range of it.

Sure you can use the Hallowed Ground to do so, but due to its being on the ground and the depending on the energy colours making it the only viable option for the armor stripping synergy

On 2018-10-14 at 10:53 PM, DarkRuler2500 said:

my main issue is that and also i heal nekros minions and revs thralls. inaros sand-minion is reasonable 1 at a time are allowed (not sure can someone check this for me). nullifiers i feel should make it so what is in the bubble should not be hurt by the ground instead of it being destroyed keeping those enemies safe also the ground doesn't disappear.

renewal having to be reapplied when after walking into nullifier bubble isn't really that bad. unless void vs corrupted crewman with the near 1 shot every half a second, and they drop on top of you. there is a thing called keeping your distance. people i feel the people who complain about this only because they want to melee everything and don't use guns as often, my opinion its not a fact ok. back to what i said about nekros minions i have a default of 1.5 or so energy drain and with nekros it increases to something like 7 or so a sec XD which is absurd.

for reckoning health orbs are not really why its used those sometimes it does help, lets say you got a rhino/nehza with health conversion. cc and armor strip main reason, though low level its a killer up to lvl 50 or so. 100% rad proc is another thing which makes it amazing and if not mistaken it increases damage done to enemies by about 50%. 

side note i feel passive should be changed. it is nice he gives extra health to pets and revive but id like something involving radiated enemies in some way. nothing wrong with passive its just i want something that would be happening more often or more noticeable. (ember nidus inaros and funny enough titania) there passives are noticeable.