Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Logic behind Umbra

ReaperOfTheSouls

Because he was faulty, the fault being that he keeps remembering himself killing his son. Plus, he was only created as a Warframe for torture, and not for battle 

The sentient thing could be just a gameplay mechanic though, since it’s not really mentioned anyway that an umbra is better at killing sentinets 

32 минуты назад, ReaperOfTheSouls сказал:

All warframes were built in order to fight the sentients during the old war.

Umbra were one of the first warframe created.

Umbra posses better traits of fighting sentients.

Why didnt the orokin used that technology in all warframes?

Good question to which I am also looking for an answer)

24 minutes ago, ReaperOfTheSouls said:

All warframes were built in order to fight the sentients during the old war.

Umbra posses better traits of fighting sentients.

Why didnt the orokin used that technology in all warframes?

Umbra was one of the last. Margulis had been dead for awhile, Ballas was deep into betrayal and Lotus was set to use us to wipe out the elite with the data Ballas had given to Hunhow.

There is a weird logic hole in Ballas's explanation to the Dax, that he would be a tool of the devils... but he acknowledged in his data that the kids could heal the crazed experimental frames... So maybe the intent of the log was what he learned later but it's not clear. So in order for Umbra to suffer it had to be locked away in a Lua vault. Which cracked when Lotus brought the moon back out of the void. 

Umbras power against sentients is likely more gameplay driven than story reasons. 

the logic behind many warframe designs is questionable when you consider their purpose of defeating sentients,

if the sentients adapt to repeated hits from a single damage type, why did we create

ember, a warframe who can ONLY do fire damage

frost, a warframe who can ONLY do cold damage

it would make much more logical sense for them to have varied elements in a single kit

13 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

the logic behind many warframe designs is questionable when you consider their purpose of defeating sentients,

if the sentients adapt to repeated hits from a single damage type, why did we create

ember, a warframe who can ONLY do fire damage

frost, a warframe who can ONLY do cold damage

it would make much more logical sense for them to have varied elements in a single kit

Thats why they built chroma from frost ember an saryn, he combines all these warframes together and do variety of damage.

48 minutes ago, ReaperOfTheSouls said:

This is false, Umbra was made well after many other frames.  

Assuming that the anti-sentient feature is true in universe, it's likely that no one knew about it except Ballas, who had changed sides.  He also probably hid Umbra, as allowing a Tenno to connect with it would have revealed his treason. 

Umbra and the quest left alot of questions, one of which was the "Subject 9" reference to the teaser website, it was discussed by a couple youtubers and I also put on my tinfoil conspiracy hat and I have a theroy as to what my intrepretation is.

Devs have stated that if they do more (likely they are) that it would be a limited run. When warframe first launched it had 8 warframes (9 with excal prime but not including due to it as an exclusive item) 

Excal, Mag, Volt  Trinity, Ember, Rhino, Ash, Loki. 8 frames.

Frost Prime was the first prime for non founders that players got access too. 

Thats 9 frames. 9 subjects. Thats what I think the plan is, to make the Origional frames the Umbra Frames, plus Frost as the first one added and first prime available for everyone. 

I make great tinfoil hats please Pm for one of your own.

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duachim

No umbra was creating after a lot of warfame. Warframe was creating origanly for being warrior with infested powers.. but they go against they creatore (like every creation of the orokin lol) but they loose and the orokin decided to re use them for the support of the transference some time after for the tennos. So yea every warframe created with the transference like titania or umbra was created after the orginal projets