Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora: A few changes, focus Venari

AreeSoothsayer

Lots of interlinking skills. She's got a ranged attack. A bind em up and group em up. Then the dome of whirling badguys. They've been redone and enhanced, Venari. Not so much, even though it's the Unique part of Khora's kit. So I thought of a few modifications.

Speed Passive: The effects of the passive should not only affect Khora but Venari herself, this will allow her to actually catch up to dashing, jumping and fighting allies who are in need of heals.

Snare: It hits 5 times, if the npc dies on the first hit that is 4 strikes that hit nothing but air. The length of her chains will be considered the same as her current Aura range, any enemies within that range will be linked to so that the second attack strikes them. That spot is now the center of the chain range, should the second enemy die with more hits left it will move to a 3rd if one is in range.

When attacking an Entangled enemy, Venari will not hit that enemy directly. She will instead hit the chains binding the group, dealing 50% damage to all enemies caught. The same will occure should the attack an enemy caught in the Strangledome.

Defense: Absolutely USeless. So I spent time coming up with ideas then shooting them down. Defense, to protect. In defence mode the Speed Passive turns into a Damage reduction for both Khora and Venari. No longer fast, instead it does a solid reduction of incoming damage, maxing out at 65% reduced damage.

Healing Aura: Face it, getting players to hold still to get healed is like herding a bunch of cats in a field full of scampering mice. They just won't stay still. When it works it works well. Manually triggering the heal on a person does teleport, fine and dandy but passively? Catch em up time. So, if a player drops below 40% health, Venari's speed will double. This on top of the Passive that will be boosting her speed. Allowing her to get to the endangered player, hopefully, in time to heal them.

In regard to healing I very rarely do so for my allies, either because they don't need it from me or because they're at 100% one second and on the floor the next. There are a few moments here and there where it's practical, but most of those scenarios are in missions where players take damage staying in the same space.

Honestly, the Heal on Venari is far better by just self-casting it. Take Pact Leader and Hunter Recovery, then switch between Attack and Heal postures for a Khora that never dies.

Defense form Venari is definitely the weakest. The change to her pathing (aka more teleporting) really helped, but I think Venari's CC form feels underpowered because Khora herself has far better CC to begin with.

4 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Honestly, the Heal on Venari is far better by just self-casting it. Take Pact Leader and Hunter Recovery, then switch between Attack and Heal postures for a Khora that never dies.

I have done this since the beginning. I know how immortal she can pull off all too well. I focus primarily on Pow Str since Venari's skills are unaffected by range or use power at all it allows her to tear 100+ enemies apart. Literally.

My biggest complaint about Khora is her 2 / Entangle, enemies die too fast to make use of, except for Bursa's or Bosses and such.

Wish I could target the ground, like with Nidus' grab move.

And yeah the Defense Venari stance needs changing, damage reduction sounds nice.

And making the heal mode into an aura would be nice.

Other issue is Venari's A.I. and her vanishing or getting stopped somewhere.

Edited by Alienami