Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armoury and Nitain : Makes the game like a mobile game

EBZK

The armoury can be used to make many things , but some of these things take very very long such as a warframe. Getting all the parts for the war frame takes ages as well , especially if it requires nitain extracts to make it , which you need to wait ages , and constantly be on your pc to get (or use one of those chrome ad ons that spam you with every alert , until it says nitain). This is extremely discouraging for players. I understand how good and effective warframes are , but 3 days is way to long and i suggest it should be around 24 hours instead of the 72. Nitain can stay as rare as it is , as its very useful , but make the even happen more than 5 times per day, as many people struggle to get time to play , and having to play at certain times can cause a struggle.Making nitain tradable may fix this as many extremely end game players may have all the warframes and weapons in the game and may be left with a load of nitain , which they will never use unless a new item is added.

This post has probably been said hundreds of time , but im saying it again as DE haven't done anything about it.

I dont see any problem with the armory youre forgetting this is a f2p game the pay to rush items isnt even that if you compare it to other games and while you wait you can farm for other stuff.

What DE could do is introduce a supscription option that could include higher drop rate on parts, mods or half build time maybe.

Don't forget that Warframe is free to play. The game wants either time or plat from you. I suggest being a little bit more patient or if you can't do that farm things to sell for plat and use it to rush things. That's what I did for my second Saryn Prime (please don't judge me)

This is a free-to-play, AAA standard game being made without a publisher and no other outside funding. To quote Dante from one of the DMCV trailers: "That water needs running and those toilets need flushing."

Basically, they need to make money.

6 hours ago, EBZK said:

The armoury can be used to make many things , but some of these things take very very long such as a warframe. Getting all the parts for the war frame takes ages as well , especially if it requires nitain extracts to make it , which you need to wait ages , and constantly be on your pc to get (or use one of those chrome ad ons that spam you with every alert , until it says nitain). This is extremely discouraging for players. I understand how good and effective warframes are , but 3 days is way to long and i suggest it should be around 24 hours instead of the 72. Nitain can stay as rare as it is , as its very useful , but make the even happen more than 5 times per day, as many people struggle to get time to play , and having to play at certain times can cause a struggle.Making nitain tradable may fix this as many extremely end game players may have all the warframes and weapons in the game and may be left with a load of nitain , which they will never use unless a new item is added.

This post has probably been said hundreds of time , but im saying it again as DE haven't done anything about it.

The timewalls are selected to do 2 things:
-Encourage players to hit the rush button
-Helps to make the game part of a players daily routine and help with player retention.  After all the average player sees a frame taking 3 days and is thinking about the game those 3 days going "I'll have a shiny new frame to play with soon...."
This helps in keeping players coming back to the game day after day because they have something to look forwards to.

And its not like the waiting puts a complete stop to what you can do like other F2P games.  You can easily start grinding for the next frame/weapon/whatever.

Also its not like Nitain only comes from the alerts.
You can get them from caches in sabotage missions, lua or kuva exterminates, and from the semi-frequent Ghoul Purge event that happens.

6 hours ago, whirl89 said:

What DE could do is introduce a supscription option that could include higher drop rate on parts, mods or half build time maybe.

DE explored that idea in the very early days of CBT while they were figuring out how to monetize the game and how "Super Charging" a frame or weapon should affect it (originally if you didn't "Super Charge" a frame you couldn't even use its ultimate...)
One of the ideas they explored is subscription players.  They quickly decided against it because they didn't want to divide the community between the paying half and the non-paying half by making the game pay-to-win in order to incentivize people buying the subscription.

They want all players to more or less be on the same footing regardless if they pay money or not, and they see a subscription service as going against that as well as fracturing the playerbase too much.

I can't see how its an unfair advantage if its only for the armory boosters maybe even exclusive subscription skins. The game is already pay to progress faster so a subscription to cut the f2p mechanics or wouldn't be out of place and make the game overall more enjoyable.

13 minutes ago, whirl89 said:

a subscription to cut the f2p mechanics or wouldn't be out of place and make the game overall more enjoyable.

Then buy Boosters. Affinity and Credit Booster halfes the time spend farming. Ressource Boosters are  up to 4 times as effective if you buy both (for some, not all Ressources)

That's like a subscription don't you think?

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

2 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Also its not like Nitain only comes from the alerts.

You can get them from caches in sabotage missions, lua or kuva exterminates, and from the semi-frequent Ghoul Purge event that happens.

The chance of getting an alertium from a cache is so vanishingly small that it's not even worth considering.

22 hours ago, EBZK said:

There's a warframe app, just saying.

9 hours ago, Dopekoke said:

There's a warframe app, just saying.

That doesn't solve the problem of alertium being insultingly obnoxious by virtue of its very implementation. I'm not about to drop whatever I'm doing just because some videogame has one of its necessary resources appearing at random times.

Warframe is F2F, they need to make money somewhere. Honestly, Warframes monization strategy is more than fair. They do not conceive you or hide things in packs, you know exactly what you're paying for. I find the grind to be reasonable, especially compared to certain games. But I may just be used to grinding in Warframe since I've been playing so long.

On 2018-10-16 at 10:20 AM, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Warframe is F2F, they need to make money somewhere. Honestly, Warframes monization strategy is more than fair. They do not conceive you or hide things in packs, you know exactly what you're paying for. I find the grind to be reasonable, especially compared to certain games. But I may just be used to grinding in Warframe since I've been playing so long.

what about the dragon packs? The argument that the game is free and bc of that it can do no wrong is bad and hurts the game. There's a reason this game isn't becoming a mainstream success- i mean look at the twitch and subreddit numbers..those aren't great. Wow has 800k subsicribes and still one of the top games on twitch..while warframe has at most like 2000 at any time This game has fundamental flaws and this particular aspect of the game does not make it better..why defend it? The game might pull in some big numbers when a fortuna comes out, but those ppl aren't sticking around. If the game keeps doing that cycle of having a big update that takes a year that appeals to fairweather fans it will continue to get less popular. The ppl who stick around will get bored and the big update will be unfinished while they make another update to get hype going.  The newcomers also dont stick around bc they have to do grindy stuff to get the new content and then find out it isnt that great. It reminds me of wow how some have been warning against rng mechaincs hurting the game in legion while meanwhile the content was good..while in bfa that blew up/ ppl realized that about it and it had a total S#&$show. Wow is having an overwhelmingly negative response on reddit and in the community, yet still far more ppl are playing that game than this one. Wow has millions while warframe has a smaller but dedicated fanbase of 200k that isn't willing to say anything negative about the game. If this cycle of fourtuna and poe keeps happening i hope the fanbase becomes disillusioned as some are rn so we can improve it.

Edited by cuddlykrogan

8 hours ago, cuddlykrogan said:

what about the dragon packs? The argument that the game is free and bc of that it can do no wrong is bad and hurts the game. There's a reason this game isn't becoming a mainstream success- i mean look at the twitch and subreddit numbers..those aren't great. Wow has 800k subsicribes and still one of the top games on twitch..while warframe has at most like 2000 at any time This game has fundamental flaws and this particular aspect of the game does not make it better..why defend it? The game might pull in some big numbers when a fortuna comes out, but those ppl aren't sticking around. If the game keeps doing that cycle of having a big update that takes a year that appeals to fairweather fans it will continue to get less popular. The ppl who stick around will get bored and the big update will be unfinished while they make another update to get hype going.  The newcomers also dont stick around bc they have to do grindy stuff to get the new content and then find out it isnt that great. It reminds me of wow how some have been warning against rng mechaincs hurting the game in legion while meanwhile the content was good..while in bfa that blew up/ ppl realized that about it and it had a total S#&$show. Wow is having an overwhelmingly negative response on reddit and in the community, yet still far more ppl are playing that game than this one. Wow has millions while warframe has a smaller but dedicated fanbase of 200k that isn't willing to say anything negative about the game. If this cycle of fourtuna and poe keeps happening i hope the fanbase becomes disillusioned as some are rn so we can improve it.

Nnothing you said even remotely applies to what I said. If you are going to respond make it relevant to the conversation. And don't put words in my mouth, I never said Warframe is flawless. Making up arguments I never made makes you look quite foolish and makes it seem like you have no counter point to what I said so you made up something.

Edited by (XB1)Eminem2420