Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So how long warframe(game itself) will stay alive?

iman00700

Hi

Its been 5years now this game came out 

Many things came many things happened and even in story quests we are near end of our story 

How long this game gonna stay alive (i hope atleast 5 years more) but right now i think DE working on new game and possibly warframe wont last 2 years(hope it stay alive longer)

I hate thinking about this but this will probably happen.

What do you think about this?

Sorry for bad eng

26 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

probably will die if fortuna and the next updates are as shallow as POE

And yet the player count is still higher after PoE than before PoE. And not a single year has seen a decline over the previous. And its average remained high during the longest "content drought" in the games history.

Some games that even have their dedicated server have last almost 10 years now. Namely... Cosmicbreak... which even outlive their second game (namely... Cosmicbreak 2). Not that much players is online right now (and my ID still bugged from last year Chirstmas event and can't even log-in now). But the game still update regularly (slower then before).

Speaking of Cosmicbreak, in the last 7 years (atleast, from what I know). There are a lot of topic about how the game is dead and will be shutdown a lot. Which is prove to be not true. The game still running but also still dead (lol). Not even 30 players online to have a 30 vs 30 match right now.

So, to answer your question. Right now Warframe (the game) still have a player base who online and played a lot. The game itself even made it to top 10 most played game on the steam (sometime even top 5 or top 3... Which is not counting Console or player who use direct Launcher). If DE don't really screw-up or anything. The game would last a very long time. Atleast should be 5 more years.

My money is literally on 5 more years, or more, just because it's a very good game and has already lasted for 5 years.

Two things that set this game apart from others are the diversity of stuff you can do and the fun factor in farming, as well as the great community. ❤️

I'm a WoW veteran, was there since beta for 4-5 years with a break and Warframe does some important things right what WoW didn't just as much, like movement system, farming, chat moderation. I know many disagree on the last one but trust me, it's better to have region chat like we have now than a spam of Anal Dirge in chat. When Baro is Warframe's Anal Dirge and that's just fine.

il y a 40 minutes, Firetempest a dit :

And yet the player count is still higher after PoE than before PoE. And not a single year has seen a decline over the previous. And its average remained high during the longest "content drought" in the games history.

I agree. This game isn't in any danger of dying anytime soon. If anything you can see in the steam charts that this mainline already brought us back to pre drought levels of concurrent players. In 3 days. 

If the Orb Vallis is done right it's gonna be a game changer, even more so if they, as stated, will integrate some of the new systems back into Plains of Eidolon.

Edited by Autongnosis

1 hour ago, TheRealShade said:

Should last another 10 years easily, the game is just getting better and better. What made you think DE are working on another game anyway? They had a plan at one point but scrapped it in favour of focusing on warframe.

Dont remmember where but i read somewhere they are working on something..i think it was 2 months ago

Beware the doomsayers.

This game is fine and strong and will last for many years to come.

Hell think of it like a TV series.

Technically we could have the entire cast written out of it and replaced. Because that's story telling.

What De have done is create a very good base game that can be easily moulded how they see fit.

Warframe ain't going anywhere 

47 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

Yes they working on another game called SurvivedBy it's been more than 1 year already, for now it's a closed beta, and i play it (i get the key long time ago)

Oh so they're still making it, I thought they cancelled that game.