Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Understanding Rivens? What are Rivens? How to riven?

mflames

Question

Hi Tenno's
Sorry im finding it difficult to find a thread that actually speaks to understanding the whole riven concept as a whole.
This is what i understand so far and dont understand.

1) You can acquire a Veiled Riven and unlock a riven at any rank, but can only use from MR 15
2) Your weapon has a riven disposition of x/5, so using one of 5/5 you will unlock a riven with 5 stats on it? (Positives with negatives)
unlocking using a weapon with 3/5 will unlock a riven with 3 stats.
3) Can you use a riven thats 5/5 on a weapon that has a disposition of 2/5?
4) Veiled Rivens will unlock for a random Specific weapon within the category of the weapon you used, example Using the Hate Scythe will unlock it for a Random Scythe weapon like Reaper.
5) Using Kuva (red chilli resource) you can re-roll your riven to have different stats only.
6) Does the cost to re-roll the riven become more with each re-roll?
7) Can you only acquire riven's from daily sortie, alerts, and chat trade?
8 ) what is a trash riven? what is a normal riven? what is god riven?
9) how much plat does Veiled go for? how much for trash? how much for normal? how much for God riven?
10) Does every weapon have a riven? or are their some weapons that dont get rivens?
11) Does exalted weapons benefit from riven stats on the respective weapon?

any more advice you can provide for all of us on rivens.

8 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, mflames said:

any more advice you can provide for all of us on rivens.

Nearly all of your points are wrong. Where did you find this information?

1) Incorrect. There are MR8-16 restrictions. It depends on the riven.

2) Incorrect. Rivens have 2 - 4 stats. Disposition does not affect this. 

3) No. Rivens are per weapon. The disposition of the weapon you unlocked it on is irrelevant.

4) Incorrect. Veiled rivens unlock based on riven type (melee, rifle etc). Using a Scythe to unveil a Melee riven means nothing. It could be a dual dagger riven.

5) Kuva to reroll, yes. The stats (damage, status etc) can be the same after a new roll (its random). The percentage will change. There are set ranges.

6) It is capped at roll 10. Its 3500 kuva each roll thereafter. 

7) Depends on your opinion.

8.) Some alerts and events can drop rivens too.

9) Plat depends on the buyer. Trash is 10 - 40 depending on the type.

10) All have them. Not exalted though.

11) No relevance between rivens and exalted weapons.

A random site for pricing rivens (it is not meant to be a definitive guide). https://semlar.com/rivenprices

A random site that shows you the stat ranges. https://semlar.com/rivencalc

Edited by krc473

13 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Nearly all of your points are wrong. Where did you find this information?

from youtube videos, its horrible trying to find out things on this game, every streamer blabs on, nothing is structured in a way for a new player to understand how to riven.

Just now, mflames said:

so what are weapon riven disposition use for then?

I am just going to suggest you read the wiki page about it. Also look at the second link in my previous post.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

Basically, less used weapons have higher dispositions. Higher disposition means better percentages. 

• This is the theory anyway. But DE never bothers to update the dispositions, so...

33 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Basically, less used weapons have higher dispositions. Higher disposition means better percentages. 

• This is the theory anyway. But DE never bothers to update the dispositions, so... 

True that have been slacking with the updates on dispositions, but there was a twitter message that they are aware and will be looking it to dispositions again soon.

My guess will be together with Melee 3.0 or shortly after.

Disposition basicly is like this, there less used or weaker a weapon was last time they updated the list, the higher disposition the weapon has, higher disposition gets higher stats from a riven.

If it's easier you can think of it as a multiplier for your riven, 1 disposition x1 and 5 disposition x5 the riven stats, simplified.

The stats on a riven can be very different, sometimes you get absolutly useless stats, but if it's a weapon you like to use and want to Invest in it, you can reroll it with kuva. The kuva roll, will reroll all the stats on the riven, but you will have the possibility to keep the roll you had before the reroll.

Stat wise you will want stats that buff the weapon in the way you like to play, and it's always a plus to have a negative roll on the riven, you will of course want t stat you dont use/need on the weapon. Like zoom on a shotgun. The negative stat will make the other stats on the riven higher. If your looking for a crit riven and you get Crit chance, crit damage and multishot with a negativ zoom, that would most likely be a god riven for that weapon. 

Thanks for the education guys.
This correct all the misunderstanding i picked up.

I just reach lvl 15 where im using my first riven on Broken War +Range +Electricity only 2 stats, which i added blood rush, maiming strike, primed reach, primed pressure point, fury, beserker, primed fever strike

So got good reach
Fast
good damage
Good Crit

This weapon does constant slide attacks so fast that my screen blur's like im doing nitro in need for speed. (Yes i macro'd my mouse, because i have a baby in the other hand, Power to new dads, while still jaming games okay..)

So this is why i wanna understand rivens better so i can start working towards better rivens with more stats on them.